• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardest Dungeon in Any Zelda Game.

A

Andkon

For me it was the water temple of Twilight Princess That was an impossible one for me.

If I saw this post a couple years ago I would have said the Water Temple in OoT, until I realized all that makes that dungeon hard is finding the keys.
Then I would have said the Water Temple in TP, but I went through it just the other day faster than ever, it's not really that hard anymore.
So until further notice, I'm going with Great Bay temple from MM haha. :)

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I found Ganon's Tower from A Link to the Past to be quite challenging. Some other dungeons I thought were hard are Death Mountain from the original Legend of Zelda and Jabu-Jabu's Belly from Oracle of Ages. I'm sure that the hardest dungeons lie within Adventure of Link, but I haven't played that game, so I can't tell for sure.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Water Temple in Ocarina of Time. That place was so confusing. After three months I had finally been everywhere(or what I thought was everywhere) until I forgot the boss key. :( So now I had to go all over the place and look for a room that I didn't even know existed(I don't like using the maps). Yeah, that was the hardest dungeon ever.

MW7

The last dungeon of Zelda 2 the adventure of Link
Yep the Great Palace of Adventure of Link is the hardest- a true maze with deadends, ridiculous enemies, and two hard bosses all while having to conserve health and magic.

The only problem with OoT and TP water temples, is that you must keep track of what you do, or it gets confusing. The only hard part is getting all the treasure chests (which I always do, except when you have to go back later). Snowhead was annoying, bcuz if you fell on the Goron rolling part, you had to do a lot all over again. STILL, I think the hardest for me was Great Bay Temple. Here's why:
I always collect all the trasure chests and stray fairies, and the main problem in this level was its length, and the amount of time you were given(even with tehe Song of Inverted Time activated) (3 days). Now, the level was annoying as it was, but the boss was REALLY annoying! I had the biggest fail streak in any Zelda game (I didn't die, but I used like 5 fairies - or maybe all six - and FINALLY killed Gyorg with less than 4 hearts left.) I then rushed to get my reward for the stray fairies and played the Song of Time at about 5:20 AM on Night of The Final Day. In other words, I had about 30 seconds leftover, and I was being destroyed by the boss. A second playthrough proved this to still be difficult, though much easier.

The hardest dungeon for me was the Great Palace in The Adventure of Link because that was the only one I ever used a guide on. I got tired of running into dead ends and those cursed floating dragon heads (I hate those things).

Yep the Great Palace of Adventure of Link is the hardest- a true maze with deadends, ridiculous enemies, and two hard bosses all while having to conserve health and magic.

BY FAR the hardest Zelda game (esp if you are playing it on the NES cartage with no saves, etc.) It is mentally draining and overall plain hard to begin with! After you beat this game... the others are a breeze, however the game itself IS very different then any other Zelda game really, so dose that truly count? (yes, it does, its an offical Zelda title)

i can't stand the Twilight Princess water temple, It's so confusing and annoying.

I loved the Water Temples -But that's because I thoroughly enjoy the challenge, esp. since I breeze through most of the other dungeons in most Zelda games. However, the less 3D the Zelda game, the more difficult it tends to be (NES, SNES, GBA were all harder/more challenging in totality then any N64 or higher system games)

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Probably the Water Temple from OoT. Just gets really discouraging to have to travel around the whole thing multiple times while changing the water level. If not that then inside Jabu-Jabu from Oracle of Ages NOT from OoT.

Looks like Water Temples are just annoying in general. I think I mightv'e had difficulty in the one in ALttP, too. If I remember correctly.

Honestly, pretty much any late game dungeon in the original Zelda because of the Darknuts. Holy cow are they ever tough.

I've already posted in a similar thread to this a while ago and I think I said the hardest one for me in that thread was the Wind Temple in Wind Waker and still is, because I still cannot form an accurate mental map of the dungeon, especially when the massive fan is activated and the grating above it is opened up. Plus using Makar is a real pain 'cos he's so slow and difficult to move when he flies and gets caught in the fan's breeze, whereas Medli in the Earth Temple was easier to navigate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom