• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Grezzo: Did They Do a Good Job?

Did Grezzo Do Well?

• Yes! They did great!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it could have been better.

• I haven't played Ocarina of Time 3D.

• Total voters
D

DrDo0MxPHD

idk, dont have it, but if they change anything then no they didnt

I really think they could have been better. There are a few recycled graphics, (such as the Bari's Tentacles. Its a 2d animation, that looks nice, i just wish they have made it 3D instead. Its the same animation from the N64 version, i noticed since i was doing the texture hacks.

I think they did a great job. The controls are better, there is no one second delay like in the original. The gyroscope controls make aiming easier and it makes you feel like you are Link. Not only are the controls better, the game has the Master Quest so that people can experience a more challenging OoT, boss gauntlet, easter eggs,improvedgraphics, the 3-D and many other stuff for Zelda fans to enjoy. Alot of people wanted an orchestrated soundtrack which is understandable. I really don't really about orchestrated music that much and I think it is fine that the music is the same. Oot has one of the best Zelda soundtracks IMO so I am glad they didn't really change the sound. At the same time, I really wanted to hear something different so my experience with OoT can be different. What I really wanted to see in OoT 3D was new dungeons. I believe that there were 2 dungeons that didn't make it into the final product, the Earth Temple and the Wind Temple. Also there were suppose to be tunics for those specific dungeons.I thought it would've been cool to see something different, but to my knowledge there aren't any new dungeons in OoT 3D. That's fine I guess, but anyways Grezzo did a good job.(I do know the Earth and Wind Temples are in Wind Waker)

Last edited:
I think they did a fantastic job.

I have very few complaints, mainly being a few of the animations that they changed, such as Link not swaying as much while playing the ocarina, the way Ruto swims up to Link before giving him the stone, and young Link getting an item out of a chest. These new animations seemed to lose some personality from the old ones. However, most of the animations they changed or added were great! I also wish they'd improved riding Epona a little more, but they had to use what was already programmed so I don't blame them for that at all. An orchestrated soundtrack would have been nice, but it would have made this game a lot more expensive for them so I see why they didn't do that. That's really all I can think of!

Great job. Of course I could always pick one or two things here and there I would change, but it really isn't that important to my enjoyment of the game, so who cares. Loved playing it.

Great job with everything: graphical updates, control updates, 3D implementation. My only complaint: that it didn't come with Majora's Mask 3D.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I think they did a good job with the graphical improvements so I voted for the first option, even though I think that "they could've done better" isn't a wrong statement because I have some (minor!) complaints:
- Some of the models were still quite pixelated, fx Darunia
- There's no anti-aliasing in the game which, considering the low resolution (240p), would've helped a lot. The 3DS graphics card should be able to handle it easily.
- In some places there's a serious frame rate drop, for example when you fight Barinade or human Ganondorf. It seems to happen especially when there are many lightning/electricity effects involved. Maybe this could've been programmed a bit more efficiently.
All in all I'd give them a 9/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom