• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Graphics: Skyward Sword Vs. Twilight Princess.

Graphics: Skyward Sword Vs. Twilight Princess.

• I Prefer The Graphics Used In TP.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Prefer The Graphics Being Used In SS.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
From what I head in the stream yesterday, the trailer that was showed was just something that Nintendo made to show us. I prefer the TP graphics though. I just have this hunch that that is the type of graphics that Nintendo will use when they will release the game. All we can do now at this point is just cross our fingers for what we want and hope and pray for the best of what we ask for.

twili princess wasn't to creative, Nintendo was just following the crowd on that one, doing what all the other games were doing... But with SS, they were thinking of the graphics more of an art, not as just what your going to see while playing the game. The game is beautiful, and it works well, it may be cel-shaded, yet to me, it looks NOTHING like wind waker! the only similarities is that 1. its cell shaded, and 2. its colorful, those to things were done so differently that I see few resemblance between the two, it is its own style, creative and well done. And I love it

the thing is, that I LOVE tp for its dark art style, but zelda isnt supposed to be a dark game series. sure, all the games have dark parts like the shadow temple in oot, but i think ss is more traditional zelda feeling and therefore it tops tp, but barely (thats the mood im in now at least lol)

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
I voted for SS. TP's graphics were very realistic, and I think that created some problems. First of all, there was a TON of shading in TP, which means, that Link and other people/objects were basically half-missing because they were blacked-out. TP was one of those games that after you turn it on, you have to sit there and wait until your eyes adjust to what is being shown on the screen since it was so dark.

However, this style matched perfectly with the mood, story, and feeling that Nintendo wanted you to have.

So basically, what I'm saying is, graphics change based on the game's story and what Nintendo thinks you should feel while playing it. Nintendo did an excellent job merging the feelings that you get while playing, with the story. Thus, creating a great game.

So it all just boils down to what your favorite graphics style is if you're just looking at it and not playing the game.

Sometimes, you may not like the graphics, but, if created right, it will be an awesome experience. Take WW for example, many people didn't like the graphics, but they still loved the game because every aspect of the game complemented each other. Including it's graphics.

So I like SS's graphics because of it's style. All that we need to figure out is, will it fit with the overall theme and story of the game? And, if it does, we will get yet another grand Zelda game :). Nintendo has never disappointed us with Zelda and I doubt they will start now.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I like the new graphics for Skyward Sword. I don't know why, but TP's graphics felt kinda drab and boring. I think for TP, they were "experimenting" with these graphics.
The new graphics look beautiful, and I don't know why some people (or a lot) hate it. I feel as if the realistic graphics are boring and yeah. A lot of the games have these super realistic graphics, and they all look the same. But Skyward Sword's graphics look unique and very original. Besides, the new colorful graphics greatly depicts what The Legend of Zelda is, it's a fantasy game and it should look like that. (I suppose) I was getting tired of the super realistic graphics, and how everything looks the same. These, however, i'm looking forward to, as they look grand. CAPTAIN FALCON YES!!!!

i perfered the graphics in skyward sword as they seem like they could capture the emotion bettter with these graphics

as for tp they did have great graphics but didnt seem like they could get the face expressions right

N

Nayru's Aide

I have nothing against Skyward Sword's graphics, but I just prefer Twilight Princess's. Maybe once it's fully developed (after all, TPs worked a generation back), I'll like it more, but TP was just so lifelike.

Right now, I'll say Twilight Princess just because it was so lifelike. Probably once Skyward Sword has been fully developed, I'll like it better (after all, TP worked a generation back, so SS should be far more powerful). They're both magnificent styles, however.

Kybyrian

Graphics are near the bottom of the list of what makes a game good. Good games are not defined by their graphics style. Regardless of what people tell you, however, they do have an impact on how much people like the game. If the game has extremely bad graphics, even a person who says graphics don't matter won't enjoy it as much, but will likely blame it on something else. If the graphics are mediocre, then a person will see no real change in home much they like the game based on the graphics. When asked they may say that they could have done better, but they were fine. If a game has absolutely excellent graphics that fit the game very well, then it will improve your opinion of the game greatly whether you realize it or not. I think that Zelda is one of those series were the graphics are outweighed by the other various excellent aspects of the game. That's not to say that I don't like the style of graphics were are being presented with in Skyward Sword, I just think they could maybe do a bit better concerning some things. In the question of whether I like the style of Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword more, I could not really choose. I am rather indifferent to the graphics styles of most Zelda games because - as I said - they are outweighed by the other aspects of the game. In short, I prefer neither over the other. Both are just fine. :)

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
On the note of graphics, I'd have to say I perfer Skywards Sword's direction. That dosen't mean I don't like Twilight Princess, I really love that game maybe a little (quite a bit) less than I love WindWaker or my fav Ocarina Of time, But I still consider it a great game. The only reason I dont like Twilight Princess' graphics as much as Skyward Swords' is because to me imo they make the game seem really bland.

Both graphics have their lows and highs. I'm really in fond of SS more colourful style, but what still bugs me us the lack of detail found in the graphics, most vegetation looks flat and other areas look bland and practically lifeless. It is true that graphics are not as important as gameplay, but SS needs much more to look alive and majestic. There is a lot of potential there, but if the developers do not put as much attention as they've done with other games, such as Mario Galaxy and Metroid, SS is going to fall short in the art department. TP still looks much better regarding the attention to detail and the artwork. If SS is meant to surpass it, they'll have to give SS more attention to detail.

I really do like Twilight Princess graphics, I don't hate them at all, but there are two reasons I choose SS over TP.

1. TP has realistic graphics.
These graphics have been done before in almost every other game and done much better in this gen of games. These realistic graphics makes TP feel a little generic, and not like Zelda. It still feels like fantasy, but not Zelda fantasy which kinda ruins the Zelda magic feel for me a little bit.
Now, the direction of the landscapes are still quite fantastic and feel very Zelda-esque. Just the overall direction of realism doesn't feel like Zelda. If they are gonna do realistic they need more color and some kind of twist in the realism, like Majora's Mask with the realistic approach but surrealistic feel of wonderland. It also doesn't help that its a generation behind in graphic technology. Perhaps they can approach realism a little better, with more unique qualities, with a more powerful engine it will turn out much better, but not on Wii.

2. TP's textures were low quality in some of areas
There is definitely an inconsistency between textures as there are some great textures in some areas and terrible in others. This inconsistency makes it feel sloppy. Ocarina had poor textures but they were done in a manner where it didn't force detail so it fit the game well and didn't look as poor. SS has crisp and or blended color textures that look quite refined even if they are simple. Unfortunately sloppy looking graphics turns me off a bit.

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
The problem nowadays is that people think Zelda is supposed to be some gritty, realistic looking Tim Burton-esque game series. That's not true at all, in fact the only game like that is Twilight Princess, which is great, because it's a change in pace for the series. Hooray.

But does that mean that should be a role model for the rest of the series? No. Not at all. That isn't how Zelda should EVER be. Maybe for just one game, yeah, sure, why not? But for the rest of the series? No. Zelda was always known to be light hearted, with some darker elements here and there, with the spirit of adventure. This Zelda game actually resembles Ocarina of Time and all the other games in the series, although it is definitely one of the brightest games in the series, but that just makes it more imaginative than bland environments such as Twilight Princess'. Skyward Sword is a fresh feeling to the Zelda series, and makes me happy everytime I see it.

Are the graphics perfect? No. But the game isn't even finished yet, I'm sure the final product will be AMAZING! And we can already see the graphics looking better, have you seen the recent Fire Temple (If it is) picture? It's completely gorgeous!:D

Skyward Sword is my most anticipated game of E3, as it deserves to be for all the amazing effort Nintendo is putting forth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom