• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Girl Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright,here's the situation. I've known this girl since kindergarten and we're like best friends. But I've actually liked her for a while now. To make matters worse, she's a huge Zelda fan just like me!

So, do I risk it and ask her out and if she says no, it'll be awkward between us or don't say anything and keep our good friendship?

Din'sFlame

Sizzlin'
The same thing happened to be 'cept with a boy. He is also a huge Zelda fan, and I had liked him for two years. So I told him my feelings, and he had the same so we kinda went out.(Yes I know I'm fourteen, but we didn't actually like 'go out'. We just hung out at our school football games.)

So everything had been great for awhile, except my friends and I all noticed he began to get a clingy to me. Eventually, he tried to holding my hand and touching my thigh, and I realized he was sort of creepy, and I didn't really like him anymore.

So I told him that I didn't like him anymore, and he said okay and all, except I've noticed (so has my mom, dad, sister, and friends) that he constantly... stares at me. And It frankly creeps me out.

I don't talk to him anymore, and it is extremely awkward to see him at school.

Enough about me though. I think that you should ask her out. If she says no, then the fact that you've known each other for so long and are like best friends, then your friendship should be fine.

I think that if you really like her, then you should ask her, before she finds someone else, or thinks that you don't like, like her.

So I give you the Triforce piece of Courage to ask her out! You don't know until you ask!!!

Good Luck!!

How is it bad for her to be a Zelda fan? That's a huge plus.

Because it makes me Like her 90% more

The same thing happened to be 'cept with a boy. He is also a huge Zelda fan, and I had liked him for two years. So I told him my feelings, and he had the same so we kinda went out.(Yes I know I'm fourteen, but we didn't actually like 'go out'. We just hung out at our school football games.)

So everything had been great for awhile, except my friends and I all noticed he began to get a clingy to me. Eventually, he tried to holding my hand and touching my thigh, and I realized he was sort of creepy, and I didn't really like him anymore.

So I told him that I didn't like him anymore, and he said okay and all, except I've noticed (so has my mom, dad, sister, and friends) that he constantly... stares at me. And It frankly creeps me out.

I don't talk to him anymore, and it is extremely awkward to see him at school.

Enough about me though. I think that you should ask her out. If she says no, then the fact that you've known each other for so long and are like best friends, then your friendship should be fine.

I think that if you really like her, then you should ask her, before she finds someone else, or thinks that you don't like, like her.

So I give you the Triforce piece of Courage to ask her out! You don't know until you ask!!!

Good Luck!!

Why thank you! And I'm only a year younger than you.

Din'sFlame

Sizzlin'
^ noo! It's great!! You should ask her out! You really should!!! It's better to get an answer, instead of never knowing what she would say.

If you want, try asking one of the girl's friends to see if she likes you for sure. But, either way, I think you should ask her out.

Play Skyward Sword on your first date or you know, see a movie or something.

Anyways, if you ask her out, no, I mean When you ask her out, let us know if she says yes!:nod:

^ noo! It's great!! You should ask her out! You really should!!! It's better to get an answer, instead of never knowing what she would say.

If you want, try asking one of the girl's friends to see if she likes you for sure. But, either way, I think you should ask her out.

Play Skyward Sword on your first date or you know, see a movie or something.

Anyways, if you ask her out, no, I mean When you ask her out, let us know if she says yes!:nod:

Hmmmm...thanks I will try and ask her out :)

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
So, do I risk it and ask her out and if she says no, it'll be awkward between us or don't say anything and keep our good friendship?

How about asking her out and even if she says no, you keep your good friendship. I know it may be awkward at the start, but thats no reason to end a friendship.

If she never got any wind of you liking her and only saw you as a friend, she may be suddenly overwhelmed. Even if this is the case, don't give up and give it some time. Believe me, she is now forced to concider you as something else rather then just a friend.

I think your should ask her out, but you should end up doing what you think is right, also I wouldn't make a big commotion (as in infront of other people) because she may feel stress to answer you with an audience and have to make a fast choice/the choice the audience may want to hear, and if she did say no (IF) than rumours/gossip could be spread alot easier.

I say ask her out, what's life without a little risk anyways? I was in your position 2 years ago and I asked her out. Here I am 2 years later having the best time of my life with her still :)

If you're really worryed than buy her flowers when you ask her out. Girls are suckers for flowers and she can't say no because you just bought her flowers, that's like the #1 rule basically.

Unless she's mean and doesn't have a conscious, than she can still say no.

But there's still hope! if flowers don't work buy her the Skyward Sword bundle package thing. That's like flowers x3 to a Zelda fan.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Isn't her being a Zelda fan a good thing???
I think you should ask her out though. But be cautious... you might want to get some other people to ask her who she likes or something...wouldn't that make things a bit easier??

Let me re-say that, that was a little bit of a no-brainer.

Alright, I, like some people have been in the same situation with me. But, if you know me, I'm just a little bit absent-minded. I asked her out without thinking. She said '... ...No...' the first time, and after two solid minutes of absolute awkward silence, she said she'd think about it. So, I wait a week, and during that week I do the same as usual, and I didn't hesitate to stay away from her. And eventually she said yes. But you know what bugged me the most? She was going to say yes from the very beginning. But SOMEONE convinced her not to. Anyhow, I suggest you ask her out, if she says no, then hopefully, your friendship will remain still intact, but if she says yes, then you'll not be regretful, you'll be spending the happiest time of your life...hopefully. I just hope your 'friend' isn't too stubborn...

Last edited:
Okay, I guess if you've already done it, I'm a little late, but I don't think you should do it yet.
If your friendship is as good as you say it is, it needs to stay that way for a while.
I might be out of place to say, but I think you're a little young for that, and if it doesn't go well, you could lose your best friend.
Not to mention the fact that if she friendzones you, there's almost no hope of recovery.
But if you try to start a relationship before it's ready to start, it will only end badly for both of you...

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I say you should ask her out. Trust me on this.. a little risk is worth a lot of reward. Before Din and I began dating, we became really close friends. I was SUPER freaked out about asking her out because of how close we had become as friends, and I didn't want to ruin that.
Now we're together, happier then ever, and have found something Zelda related to do together! (This site, and the PodCast!)

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
Tell her up front that you want her to go out with you, but then say you don't want it to ruin your friendship. If she refuses, then say that you would like to continue being friends. if she says yes, then mission accomplished. If she says no, don't A. avoid her. B. attempt to act like a knight in shining armor and do everything you can for her and be super nice to her. What you should do is just act like you did before you asked her out, normally. because A will make things even more awkward between you to and she might think you don't want to be friends with her anymore. B will make her think you're clingy.

Ask her out. If you've been that god of friends then there's nothing to worry about if she says no, which I highly doubt she will anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom