• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahim's Master

For the most part, I approve of this post. You are now deemed worthy of conversing about skyward sword theory, and your life now has meaning. You're welcome. lol

Isn't that just delightful. I can't wait to write home about this. My mother will be so proud.

Now, as I was saying, Tingle is obviously Girahim's master.

Ok, one serious question. We have all seen the first 15 minutes of SS - video. In this video it was shown that link was having a nightmare about a giant worm woth sharp teeth that emerged from the earth and started to make dragon-like screaming noises.

Who thinks this giant worm will be Gharahim's master or/and the games final boss?

Myself, I really HOPE he isn't.

i got a theory

the battle with that monster is suppose to be a vision

so would that monster be like an ghost incarnation of ghirahim master that continue is terror reign even after is death?

Zorth

#Scoundrel
The worm being Girahims master or something close is possible..
If you think about it in OoT Link had a vision of Ganondorf, So this monster may very well be something at least close to Girahims master.
Why else would it swallow Zelda, Why else would it even appear in his vision if it's not important?

something i don`t undersand is why ghirahim master would be a brainless rampaging beast?

was he so strong that the only way the godess had to defeat him was to banish his soul changing him into an monster then trapping the beast into the hole made by the rise of skyloft (sealed ground)?

The worm being Girahims master or something close is possible..
If you think about it in OoT Link had a vision of Ganondorf, So this monster may very well be something at least close to Girahims master.
Why else would it swallow Zelda, Why else would it even appear in his vision if it's not important?

Ghirahim needs Zelda to resurrect his master, so why would his master be stealing Zelda if she's needed to resurrect him? I agree with Juicy that this is a servant of the demon tribe and not a master at all. Typically giant monsters serve under an intelligent humanoid life form, not the other way around. And plus, I agree that Nintendo wouldn't show who or what this master is before the game came out... That would be horrible advertising.

he doesn`t swallow zelda, if i understand good some source. it said he is only seen in vision. like fighting him in your dream

so that vision maybe was to show that zelda would be consumed by the soul of the monster in the ritual to revive him

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Ghirahim needs Zelda to resurrect his master

Where was this specified?

so why would his master be stealing Zelda if she's needed to resurrect him?

Again where was it specified that she is needed for the ritual?

I agree with Juicy that this is a servant of the demon tribe and not a master at all.

The worm is certainly a servant of the demon tribe maybe it's the beast form of the master..
Maybe the master got a curse put on him and is trying to revert it.

Typically giant monsters serve under an intelligent humanoid life form, not the other way around.

See above, Maybe it's the beast form/cursed form of his master, or maybe it's even the master's pet.

And plus, I agree that Nintendo wouldn't show who or what this master is before the game came out... That would be horrible advertising.

Clearly you don't know alot about Nintendo, They tend to spoil their games..
It was known that Ganon would be the main villain of OoT, And that game has won tons of awards..
And is even considered to be the best game of all time by MANY people around the globe.

So tell me, How would knowing who the main villain is hurt the advertising..
Fans don't need TV commercials to know that a new Zelda game is coming, And normal people that watch TV won't care if they know who the main villain is.

i think they didn`t spoil the final battle

the battle with the dark beast seem to be near the beggining of the game. this monster seem really important, maybe we will fight it multiple time and near the end ghirahim reveal that the beast is in fact is master cursed by the godess. so there now 2 end possible

1: ghirahim use zelda to return his master to his real form

2: you stop ghirahim in an epic final battle before the demon is reborn

as you would fight the beast multiple time in the game it would`t be necessary to make it the final boss

Ghirahim says that the girl is needed for something or at least her power is. His main goal that we know of is to revive his master. Why would they kidnap her if her or her power are in some way at some point not needed? As for people knowing Ganon was the main villain in Ocarina of Time, He's the main villain of the series that held the triforce of power in The first Zelda. While it's been some time since Ocarina's advertising I cannot remember if Ganondorf or Ganon were shown in videos of the game before it came out, I was a poor kid so I couldn't see them even if they were. You said master's pet, I say could be. It may not have been specified that she was being used as a resurrection device, but that was my interpretation and it felt like it was one of those implied foreshadowing things to me.

I think it is logical that Zelda is needed to revive the Master.
Ghirahim has a goal which is to revive his master. If he didn't need Zelda to do that, he would not chase after her.
Also, the fact that Link dreamt about this Giant Worm, must mean that this Giant Worm is very important to the story.
It doesn't HAVE to mean that this Worm is the Master. He could as well be another important figure or perhaps Ghirahims transformation forme or another important villians transformation.

However, in the intro movie, it is said that the "evil rise from the earth" or something like that. The worm in Links dream, is also seen to rise from the earth; the EARTH SPLITS OPEN and then the Giant Worm comes out of that hole.
You can see this in the first 25 seconds of this video:
http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/1...-in-hd-new-play-through-with-new-content.html

Based on this there is considerable proof that this monster will indeed be the "evil that rise from the earth" and thus Ghirahims Master.

What I am afraid of, is that this monster will indeed be the final boss, while he probably has:
- NO character development
- NO specific personality
- appears at the end of the game

= just a random beast with no personality or character development at all that appears at the end of the game to fulfill the role of 'standard evil monster rawwrrr! ' and be the final boss.

I hope Ghirahim (or another developed character) does a 'Kefka' on him and overthrows his Master, steals his powers and takes his place..... rawwrrrr...

EDIT

Thinking about it, isn't it just too idiotic?

You start the game:
The first thing you see is, ofcourse, the intro movie and after that those first 15 minutes begin.

So you first see an intro movie in which it is stated that a "evil rise from the earth" and not even three minutes later a cutscene is shown in which the earth splits open and a evil looking monster comes out of that hole. I can imagine even a 10 year old infant seeing that scene and thinking "so that is evil monster Link has to defeat hihihi".
Doesn't Nintendo realize this is just too obvious or are they misleading the player?

Last edited:
I've heard a theory before that the spikey thing is needed by Ghirahim to feed Zelda to in order to resurrect his master. So basically, the monster is a part of the process. And Zelda is indeed most likely needed for the resurrection. In OoX it is revealed that Zelda is needed to resurrect Ganon. Sooo it could be the same logic here. And in OoT, Ganon was to be expected. In SS, the main antagonist is supposed to be different, so I can't see them revealing it before release.

i think this monster will be very important but that nintendo prepared a good plot twist for him. lets wait and see, maybe that black pineaple will surprise us

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom