• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahim's Master

If the bipedal black pineapple of doom is indeed the final boss, I'm expecting it to make some drastic transformation, as suggested by others. Though this theory has no basis in any real evidence, the monster almost vaguely remotely kinda somewhat reminds me of a cocoon/chrysalis. If what I speculate about it being a chrysalis is true (which I doubt), it's probably not going to be some butterfly that emerges...

Zorth

#Scoundrel
And in OoT, Ganon was to be expected. In SS, the main antagonist is supposed to be different, so I can't see them revealing it before release.

How different?
The antagonist is always the same in the Zelda series, An evil dude that kidnaps or does something bad to Zelda or Hyrule and Link must embark on an epic quest to save them both.

So how is it going to be different here?
The only different thing with the main villain will be his appearance. So it doesn't matter if Nintendo shows us who or what he is because it's the same concept.. An evil guy does something to Zelda or Hyrule and Link must save the day.

That's what Zelda is about, The interesting part is the plot, characters and pretty everything inside the game.. Knowing who the main villain is can in no way hurt anybodys experience UNLESS the main villain isn't to be revealed until the very, very end.. And it's more of a crime-Zelda where the main villain is the ''murderer'' and Link is the ''detective'' and we need to find out who did what.. but that's unlikely.

:devil:

:yes:

yes but the" walking pineaple of doom" isn`t the evil dude that kidnap zelda, its ghirahim

our little fruity friend seem to be really important and will be seen throught all the game but youll not know much about him. So even if its the final boss, it it a crime of nintendo to reveal a monster you will see at the very start of the game aniway?

I don't think it is a crime to reveal such a monster.
BUT I do think it's a crime to make a standard monster without a personality the final boss of the perhaps-to-be-best-(zelda)game-ever.

Face it. Antagonists have fan bases too. Fans want to see an antagonist with personality not some standard monster.
Who remembers dragonballz? Half of the people watching it, where secretly hoping Vegeta would kick Gokus *** in the beginning of the serieus, just because the antagonists (at that time) wicked arrogance and attitude was so cool to watch. People want developed characters in games/movies etc, especially for fulfilling the role of main villian.
Poeple are debating on the internet: "who is the coolest antagonist of all time?" "Kefka!" "Ganondorf!" "Sephiroth!".
Now I think a good antagonist can really make a game even better than it already is. Sometimes the game would not be half as cool without the antagonist and his personality.
I can imagine Ghirahim, if Nintendo develops this character well and even learns a bit from Kefka and other good antagonists, can be one of the coolest of all time.

'Standard monsters' just aren't cool anymore these days. I hope Nintendo hasn't been so stupid to let go of an opportunity to finally introduce a whole new antagonist that isn't Ganon and then decide to just let some standard monster fulfill that role instead of an actual develloped personality with an interesting personality.

like i said earlier, we haven`t see what our little fruity friend can do. also he doesn`t need to talk to have a personnality, Majora was a silent villain (exept for 2 line) but you could discover his personnality in ikana when you hear rumor about his origin and at the final battle where he finally reveal what he is.

he could also appear as an powerfull monster that you must stop from reviving at all cost, making ghirahim the final boss

But we already know Ghirahim is the antagonist. It doesn't matter if he revives his amster or if he is not the final boss, he is the one who opposes Link so he is the main antagonist. So even if the big black mouth does end up being the final boss in some way, that does not make it the antagonist.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
But we already know Ghirahim is the antagonist. It doesn't matter if he revives his amster or if he is not the final boss, he is the one who opposes Link so he is the main antagonist. So even if the big black mouth does end up being the final boss in some way, that does not make it the antagonist.

Ghirahim is the first boss we fight, though, and once we defeat him, I'm certain he's finished. Sure, he opposed Link to begin with, sent down the tornado to abduct Zelda, but he also said there were others like him. This means we could face many of his kind, who are all working behind the scenes to revive their master. Down this path there is no definite antagonist, but Ghirahim certainly is the instigator of it all.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Ghirahim is the first boss we fight, though, and once we defeat him, I'm certain he's finished. Sure, he opposed Link to begin with, sent down the tornado to abduct Zelda, but he also said there were others like him. This means we could face many of his kind, who are all working behind the scenes to revive their master. Down this path there is no definite antagonist, but Ghirahim certainly is the instigator of it all.

It is confirmed that after we fight Ghirahim in the Skyview temple, we meet him again at the end of the Earth temple, and again at the end of the Ancient Cistern (see GDC trailer.) Considering how much we see of him, he is technicaly the antagonist. We don't know for sure now, but from what we know, it's a resonable assumption...

Its also been confirmed that we will battle him multiple times. He's also seen in that scene with Zelda in front of the spinning gear. This is clearly a very important part of the story, so I'm almost positive that Ghirahim will be the main antagonist. Why else would he be the only member of the group that we've been shown?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
It is confirmed that after we fight Ghirahim in the Skyview temple, we meet him again at the end of the Earth temple, and again at the end of the Ancient Cistern (see GDC trailer.) Considering how much we see of him, he is technicaly the antagonist. We don't know for sure now, but from what we know, it's a resonable assumption...

Its also been confirmed that we will battle him multiple times. He's also seen in that scene with Zelda in front of the spinning gear. This is clearly a very important part of the story, so I'm almost positive that Ghirahim will be the main antagonist. Why else would he be the only member of the group that we've been shown?

Forgot about all these meet-ups with him and apparently I needed to be refreshed. So much information on the game's being released that some things are cumbersome to remember. Yes, it does seem Ghirahim will be a main factor after all. I only wonder if there will be more than one of him...as in clones.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Forgot about all these meet-ups with him and apparently I needed to be refreshed. So much information on the game's being released that some things are cumbersome to remember. Yes, it does seem Ghirahim will be a main factor after all. I only wonder if there will be more than one of him...as in clones.
I don't think there will need to be any clones. The Mogma's say about guys in red going to the earth temple, these are probably the members of the demon tribe, so they could be other enemies fought throughout the game rather than just having clones of Ghirahim.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I do believe this may be something of a malevolent spirit (wonder what would give me that idea). However, aside from me stating obviousness, remember how Ganondorf said at the end of Wind Waker about how he coveted Hyrule's Wind because it didn't bring Death? It's been confirmed that he originally went after the Triforce to get relief from the death-wind for his people, but along the way, he fell from grace, and he started to desire the world. Maybe Ghirahim's master is the true antagonist of the Zelda series, possessing Ganondorf, and influencing him to take the Triforce as his own. Perhaps this guy's name begins with Ganon, or ends with -dorf. I've seen it before (DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh!) where when two people combine to become a separate entity, their name is a mixture of the two (Goten + Trunks = Gotenks, Goku + Vegeta = Gogeta/Vegeto, Gaia the Fierce Knight + Curse of Dragon = Gaia the Dragon Champion). Perhaps his name is Ganon, and he is the real Ganon we've come to see in the earlier and some later games.

But that's just my theory.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I do believe this may be something of a malevolent spirit (wonder what would give me that idea). However, aside from me stating obviousness, remember how Ganondorf said at the end of Wind Waker about how he coveted Hyrule's Wind because it didn't bring Death? It's been confirmed that he originally went after the Triforce to get relief from the death-wind for his people, but along the way, he fell from grace, and he started to desire the world. Maybe Ghirahim's master is the true antagonist of the Zelda series, possessing Ganondorf, and influencing him to take the Triforce as his own. Perhaps this guy's name begins with Ganon, or ends with -dorf. I've seen it before (DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh!) where when two people combine to become a separate entity, their name is a mixture of the two (Goten + Trunks = Gotenks, Goku + Vegeta = Gogeta/Vegeto, Gaia the Fierce Knight + Curse of Dragon = Gaia the Dragon Champion). Perhaps his name is Ganon, and he is the real Ganon we've come to see in the earlier and some later games.

But that's just my theory.
After what Aounuma said I don't think it will be called Ganon, but I do think it could be pig/Moblin like. What we thought were two horns either side of its head in the opening scene could actually be ears, and if you look at a picture of a skyward sword Moblin it clearly has a spike coming out of the middle of it's head. Of course this could be completely wrong but it's an idea.

moblin.jpg

Originally Moblins were supposed to have been created by Ganon in his own image but since Ganon is not in this game perhaps his predecessor is.

Last edited:

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
so far it seems like SS will be sorta like Pokemon. Face a enemy multiple times throughout the story(Gary/Silver/etc.). Face someone who is the strongest person(champion).
On a side note, wouldn't it be cool if the final boss was Majora. Since this game is before OoT andhas the dark tribe, which were gone in OoT. They were spoken of in Majora's Mask, where it was said that the dark tribe used Majora's Mask in rituals. So it would be safe to assume that Majora's mask was their leader's. The mask would be their leader's, which is who Ghirahim is trying to revive.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
so far it seems like SS will be sorta like Pokemon. Face a enemy multiple times throughout the story(Gary/Silver/etc.). Face someone who is the strongest person(champion).
On a side note, wouldn't it be cool if the final boss was Majora. Since this game is before OoT andhas the dark tribe, which were gone in OoT. They were spoken of in Majora's Mask, where it was said that the dark tribe used Majora's Mask in rituals. So it would be safe to assume that Majora's mask was their leader's. The mask would be their leader's, which is who Ghirahim is trying to revive.

The reason it is unlikely for any Majoras mask references is because it was a parallel world. Also Majora is something that supposedly terrorised Termina in ancient times, not Hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom