• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahim's Master

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I think it would have been allot worse if somebody else was the main villain in TP. Ganon is very popular and still people thought he was forced in. People know exactly who he is and his presence is intimidating. If the Game was exactly the same but with Malladus instead of Ganon (back then he was not known at all and it would have been his first appearance) I think people would have really complained since he would have felt out of place.

The way the game made Zant out to be this cool main villain and then reveal he was just a servant was what was wrong with the storyline. If you had known about him serving Ganon from the very beginning and then giving Ganon more screen time either by meeting him earlier on or with flashbacks like his execution scene, then he would have felt allot more part of the story rather than just a plot twist for the sake of a plot twist.

If somebody else would've switched place witch Ganon.. then I beliebe the situation would've been worse.
But if Ganon wouldn't have appeared in TP and it was all about Zant's diabolical master plan.. Then TP would've been THIS much better.

could've, should've, would've.
But done is done and I still like the game for what it is <3

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
If somebody else would've switched place witch Ganon.. then I beliebe the situation would've been worse.
But if Ganon wouldn't have appeared in TP and it was all about Zant's diabolical master plan.. Then TP would've been THIS much better.

could've, should've, would've.
But done is done and I still like the game for what it is

Yeah I can agree with that. As much as I love Ganon and am happy that he was included in the game, his portrayal in it was not top notch like it should have been (I loved the beard and hair though) I can only hope his next appearance will be his best to date.

Well, I'm saying that Ganondorf could be in the game, and that I can't see them leeding into his rise in OoT without some kind of visual of him (which some might call an "appearance"). And what I was saying about the timeline was that, what happens to Ganondorf on the child side after OoT is explained in TP. So TP accomplished that. That's all I meant. But this side conversation about TP is dragging on too long and it's really just about personal story preference. One important thing we could agree on is that Ganondorf himself could have had more personality depth and better portrayal in TP (regardless of whether or not we liked his inclusion). That's something they should do better in SS, regardless of whoever Ghirahim's master ends up being. Of course, Ghirahim's master can't be Ganon(dorf), as was already established.

Something I've been meaning to bring up, anyone here ever play Metroid Prime 2 Echoes? Because I could see something along the lines of: Dark Samus is to Ghirahim as Emperor Ing is to Ghirahim's master. Especially given what we already know about Ghirahim's repeated fights throughout the game.

Oh and Ganonking, the silhoette you think looks like the happy mask salesman does not have hair nor does it have a collar.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Oh and Ganonking, the silhoette you think looks like the happy mask salesman does not have hair nor does it have a collar.

Well its a silhouette, so you would not know what it was. It just looked like the parting in the Happy mask man's hair. He also has an area around the base of his neck which looks like a collar, which the happy mask man happens to have. If you look at the picture below you can get an Idea of how I see it.

Happy mask man in SS2.jpg

He even has the opening on his jacket the Maskman has.

Attachments

• collar and hair.jpg
    collar and hair.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Well its a silhouette, so you would not know what it was.

Precicely

It just looked like the parting in the Happy mask man's hair.

I still see no hair, and certainly no parting in the hair.

He also has an area around the base of his neck which looks like a collar, which the happy mask man happens to have.

It looks like a splotch of his body, like with a few of the other silhoettes.

If you look at the picture below you can get an Idea of how I see it.

View attachment 18780

He even has the opening on his jacket the Maskman has.

That "jacket" looks a lot like arms to me.

Sorry, I like the happy mask salesman, but this is just too much of a stretch.

Oh come on... These silhouettes can all resemble anyone with just enough fantasy. This is over-analyzing things.

Oh come on... These silhouettes can all resemble anyone with just enough fantasy. This is over-analyzing things.

Thank you. I could call any one of these silhoettes any character with enough imagination.

I mean, the third one from the left looks just as much like the fishing hole owner from OoT as the one on the far left looks like Ghirahim or the one on the far right looks like the happy mask salesman.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Thank you. I could call any one of these silhoettes any character with enough imagination.

I mean, the third one from the left looks just as much like the fishing hole owner from OoT as the one on the far left looks like Ghirahim or the one on the far right looks like the happy mask salesman.

The one on the far left does look like ghirahim, because it is him. The far right one does bear resemblance to the happy mask man. This is a character with no known past and is probably one of the creepiest and most mysterious characters in the series. A backstory would be great and would explain allot of things about him. He can seem very demonic at times so if he were once part of the demon tribe that could make allot of sense. In MM he is shown to be able to cross to parallel worlds, so he's obviously no normal man.

THE FISHING HOLE OWNER OMG IT'S HIM! HE HAS THE SAME HAIR AND A BEARD! Ok I have made a picture for you with him in the intro, you can compare sides again.
Happy mask man AND FISHERMAN in SS2.jpg

Last edited:
What a great new finding! I bet there will be even more character in Zelda games with a secret past (Dark Interloper past).
Maybe Ghirahims Master will be the fishinghole owner and the mask salesman in a fused form. Like Twinrova!
FuuuuSion- HA

;)

Last edited:
^ ^

That Metroid Prime 2 reference up there. I've actually been thinking the exact same thing. I think there will be a big climactic clash with the head demon, and then a surprise final confrontation with Ghirahim.

Speaking of villains if you remember the intro there were 7 demons. The one on the far right reminds me of a certain somebody. Take a look at the picture below. He appears to have a collar and the same hair!

View attachment 18750

I knew he was evil!
LoL... just because the demon has the same hair style and collar does not make him the happy mask salesman. The Happy mask salesman is I believe a hylian! it is impossable for him even to be born in that time and age... I laughed because in MM he would end up looking like Dumbledoor.. :P

The one on the far left does look like ghirahim, because it is him. The far right one does bear resemblance to the happy mask man. This is a character with no known past and is probably one of the creepiest and most mysterious characters in the series. A backstory would be great and would explain allot of things about him. He can seem very demonic at times so if he were once part of the demon tribe that could make allot of sense. In MM he is shown to be able to cross to parallel worlds, so he's obviously no normal man.

THE FISHING HOLE OWNER OMG IT'S HIM! HE HAS THE SAME HAIR AND A BEARD! Ok I have made a picture for you with him in the intro, you can compare sides again.
View attachment 18783

I rest my case. lol I gotta say, mad props to you for making that picture though. It's hilarious! Really, I see more resemblence there than with the others.

@JohnFC I know right? I'm glad someone else was thinking that. Sure would be cool.

M

megajorj

Do you guys think the Groose=Gerudo theory holds any water? I'm undecided on this. To make it slightly more on topic, do you think Groose could be part of Ghirahim's plot? Or maybe even somehow related to the master demon?

i had posted something like that earlier in the thread, i agree that somehow groose comes into ghirahims plan

@Clearly Those possible examples of the foreshadowing you explained would involve visuals. Those are the sorts of roles I imagine Ganondorf having in SS, and they would involve visuals of him as I've been saying.

Well, those were "what could fill this gap on a logically structured plot level" kind of estimations; but there's still nothing to say we'll actually see a 'visual' of Ganondorf. Even if my favoured 'evil spirit infusion... thing' theory is in any way correct, all it would really require is one of Ganondorf's ancestors, not him or a visual of him. The same ultimately works for the lesser theories I presented as well (though those were a bit more rubbish).

I do agree that "Ganon will not appear" is potentially a little nebulous a comment. Aunoma could have meant "Ganon will not appear... in the
game at all" (which sounds a little more accurate given the wording, or lack thereof); but he also could have meant "Ganon will not appear... as
the primary antagonist, or even as a notable character within the plot,". However, when quibbling over exact linguistic syntax, the fact that it's a translation does widen the gap of doubt between Aunoma's quote and his exact meaning. We'll just have to wait and see.

And you seem to agree with me about TP. Very good.

Well Darlin', all I ever wanted in life was your approval. (Zing!)

In all seriousness, TP really gets unfairly hammered from pretty much all angles. It's got a couple points that I didn't enjoy (the snowboarding race for that piece of heart comes to mind); but ultimately I felt it was a really strong entry into the series. I've noticed that a lot of the gripes people seem to have with it just boil down to nerd-rage (or rather fan-rage to use a less derogatory and amusing phrase). Some of the blame for it's highly critical reception goes to Nintendo for unwisely hyping TP as the grandest epic ever conceived years before its release (do you remember that "Blades will bleed" trailer?); but despite those overly high and even silly exceptions, a great deal of the 'issues' I consistently hear about TP sound suspiciously like the red-faced tantrums of fans with short memories, who want things their way, without understanding the reality of their desires. I've been guilty of that in the past myself.

The argumentative conjecture over the 'villains image' from the intro is a bit silly. They're so vague, I could probably make an argument that
Tingle is among their ranks. Now, I'm willing to concede Girahim's presence in that image; less because his blob looks faintly reminiscent
of him, and more because he's already a confirmed character within the game. My 'suspicion' that the main baddie in that image is at least the
'source' of Ganondorf's later evil ambitions, is an estimation based primarily on Aunouma's comment about the rise of Ganon in OoT; but there's also a rather large chance that I couldn't be more wrong. The theory that the Happy Mask Salesman, or Majora, or the Fierce Deity isn't impossible, but because thus far it's based on little more than fan appeal and a Rorschach-esque blob, it's likelihood is statistically less definite. If screen-shots are released tomorrow showing those characters, I'll tip my hat to you.

Well, those were "what could fill this gap on a logically structured plot level" kind of estimations; but there's still nothing to say we'll actually see a 'visual' of Ganondorf. Even if my favoured 'evil spirit infusion... thing' theory is in any way correct, all it would really require is one of Ganondorf's ancestors, not him or a visual of him. The same ultimately works for the lesser theories I presented as well (though those were a bit more rubbish).

I do agree that "Ganon will not appear" is potentially a little nebulous a comment. Aunoma could have meant "Ganon will not appear... in the
game at all" (which sounds a little more accurate given the wording, or lack thereof); but he also could have meant "Ganon will not appear... as
the primary antagonist, or even as a notable character within the plot,". However, when quibbling over exact linguistic syntax, the fact that it's a translation does widen the gap of doubt between Aunoma's quote and his exact meaning. We'll just have to wait and see.

Well Darlin', all I ever wanted in life was your approval. (Zing!)

In all seriousness, TP really gets unfairly hammered from pretty much all angles. It's got a couple points that I didn't enjoy (the snowboarding race for that piece of heart comes to mind); but ultimately I felt it was a really strong entry into the series. I've noticed that a lot of the gripes people seem to have with it just boil down to nerd-rage (or rather fan-rage to use a less derogatory and amusing phrase). Some of the blame for it's highly critical reception goes to Nintendo for unwisely hyping TP as the grandest epic ever conceived years before its release (do you remember that "Blades will bleed" trailer?); but despite those overly high and even silly exceptions, a great deal of the 'issues' I consistently hear about TP sound suspiciously like the red-faced tantrums of fans with short memories, who want things their way, without understanding the reality of their desires. I've been guilty of that in the past myself.

The argumentative conjecture over the 'villains image' from the intro is a bit silly. They're so vague, I could probably make an argument that
Tingle is among their ranks. Now, I'm willing to concede Girahim's presence in that image; less because his blob looks faintly reminiscent
of him, and more because he's already a confirmed character within the game. My 'suspicion' that the main baddie in that image is at least the
'source' of Ganondorf's later evil ambitions, is an estimation based primarily on Aunouma's comment about the rise of Ganon in OoT; but there's also a rather large chance that I couldn't be more wrong. The theory that the Happy Mask Salesman, or Majora, or the Fierce Deity isn't impossible, but because thus far it's based on little more than fan appeal and a Rorschach-esque blob, it's likelihood is statistically less definite. If screen-shots are released tomorrow showing those characters, I'll tip my hat to you.

For the most part, I approve of this post. You are now deemed worthy of conversing about skyward sword theory, and your life now has meaning. You're welcome. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom