• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahim's Master

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Now, exactly why would the whale be Ghirahim's master? I'm almost 100 percent certain that Link will quite easily destroy that whale as he comes across it, and really a whale wouldn't be befitting of someone of a stature and ego such as Ghirahim.

This beast looks massive enough to possibly bring down Skyloft, though. There may be no way to defeat it 'quite easily' if this is the final boss. I'm only suggesting it as my top pick from what we've thus far seen, though.

Thareous, that's surely Ghirahim's servant. It's in Link's dreams coming to snatch Zelda out of the sky, so clearly those are prophecy dreams. In turn, that means that monster will appear early in the game and will be a normal boss.

Not necessarily. I agree it does appear in in Link's dreams--or visions, I prefer--but the pace of the game could set its sequence in the end. Again, I'm not saying that's concrete. But the Sky Whale could emerge during any point of the game, and therefore is likelier to be Ghirahim's master, IMO.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
This beast looks massive enough to possibly bring down Skyloft, though. There may be no way to defeat it 'quite easily' if this is the final boss. I'm only suggesting it as my top pick from what we've thus far seen, though.

Not necessarily. I agree it does appear in in Link's dreams--or visions, I prefer--but the pace of the game could set its sequence in the end. Again, I'm not saying that's concrete. But the Sky Whale could emerge during any point of the game, and therefore is likelier to be Ghirahim's master, IMO.

It's been shown in the game as a boss already. I doubt they'd show us footage of the final battle.

311491_193021070767630_125038904232514_426777_130257853_n.jpg

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There's always the obscure chance of it recurring later, as unlikely as I believe it to be. And as Nintendo PR statements and ZD members have said, the game is going to be much more than hack and slash; weak points will have to be found, attacked, and varying battle situations will definitely present themselves – the whale while being defeated once could always come back with new tactics up it's sleeve...er, blubber.

I'd love Ghirahim's master to be Twinrova. Would tie neatly into the Ganon-foreshadowing for OoT, too, like showing us how Ganondorf got so powerful due to them.

It's been shown in the game as a boss already. I doubt they'd show us footage of the final battle.

You need to stop talking about stuff from the game like you know exactly what's going to happen. You've been proven wrong already on a couple of things that you were so sure were going to happen a certain way.

Anyway, nothing you've argued in this thread has been confirmed. It doesn't look like a "normal" boss fight at all. There is a gauge on the side of the screen, which I can't recall from ANY Zelda boss fight. In fact, maybe you don't even end up defeating that thing at that point in the game. Maybe your only objective is to delay it for a certain amount of time before escaping. We don't know. And you have no evidence for thinking this will occur early in the game. I would argue for later (probably mid-game), since Link has the Hylian shield. He doesn't have that in any of the new footage of the first 2 dungeons.

You need to stop talking about stuff from the game like you know exactly what's going to happen. You've been proven wrong already on a couple of things that you were so sure were going to happen a certain way.

Anyway, nothing you've argued in this thread has been confirmed. It doesn't look like a "normal" boss fight at all. There is a gauge on the side of the screen, which I can't recall from ANY Zelda boss fight. In fact, maybe you don't even end up defeating that thing at that point in the game. Maybe your only objective is to delay it for a certain amount of time before escaping. We don't know. And you have no evidence for thinking this will occur early in the game. I would argue for later (probably mid-game), since Link has the Hylian shield. He doesn't have that in any of the new footage of the first 2 dungeons.

Assuming this is happening when playing the game on a regular run (no skipping heart containers) and also working under the assumption you start this game with 6 hearts, that moment in the game happens before you even finish the first dungeon.

Actually, here is a very shaky theory: what if he has the Hylian shield at that moment because it is one of his "dreams" or "prophecies" he has about this thing? The recent Nintendo Power has revealed as much. So, what if some of them are playable sequences?

Last edited:
Assuming this is happening when playing the game on a regular run (no skipping heart containers) and also working under the assumption you start this game with 6 hearts, that moment in the game happens before you even finish the first dungeon.

Actually, here is a very shaky theory: what if he has the Hylian shield at that moment because it is one of his "dreams" or "prophecies" he has about this thing? The recent Nintendo Power has revealed as much. So, what if some of them are playable sequences?

I think it's way more likely to be a continuation error. This happens a lot in demos and trailers, the amount of hearts and equipment doesn't say anything about the point in the game. I mean, in that same demo he has the Hylian Shield in the Sky Temple, and we all know that doesn't add up.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Dear god please be Ganon's spirit, his pig spirit that is. I would love to see the blue pig in Skyward Sword's artstyle!
That is also my desire, but I doubt it will actually be referred to as Ganon in this game because of what nintendo has stated. I think it will probably be the King of darkness and will be reincarnated or born into this world as Ganondorf before OOT.

I'm thinking his master is whom I've been thinking wouldn't be in the game for the longest time: the King of Darkness. (Although why he would be dead at this point is beyond my imagination.)
Yeah I agree with you on that and I also until yesterday did not believe he would be in the game. I think that It will perhaps be reborn as Ganondorf later on but not referred to by the name Ganon in SS.

Last edited:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I think it's way more likely to be a continuation error. This happens a lot in demos and trailers, the amount of hearts and equipment doesn't say anything about the point in the game. I mean, in that same demo he has the Hylian Shield in the Sky Temple, and we all know that doesn't add up.
Hmm but didn't some Nintendo official say already about a month ago that the game is finished and they're just working on the translations? I can't find the exact quote though. Therefore the game is not in beta stage anymore and such things should be fixed now. So could that maybe mean that you're getting some heart containers taken away at a certain point of the game or for a certain battle? I hope not so because I generally don't like planned ability loss in games which is IMO a cheap way to artificially increase the difficulty when all else has failed in development.

Zelda Informer included a thought that maybe the "Master" could be related to the Fused Shadow. They were referring to the giant behemoth that Midna becomes once she gains all of the parts of the Fused Shadow at the end of TP. Maybe their is some sort of beast that lives inside the Fused Shadow....OR, maybe even better than that would be if at the end of SS Link seals the "Master" inside the Fused Shadow (which would explain its power in TP).

I think that would be a pretty good tie-in to this game, and would definitely make for an intimidating and daunting enemy.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think the fused shadow was created by the interlopers rather than it belonging to their master. That along with the interlopers, were sealed away. Perhaps it was a means of reviving their master so they could break into the sacred realm.

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
We all know that Termina is an alternate dimension to Hyrule, and that the two dimensions hold people and characters very similar to one another.

We also know that Hyrule's Ghirahem is a demon, and it's very likely that Termina's Majora is a demon as well. What if the Hyrulian version of Majora is Ghirahem's master! That would be so extraordinarily epic!

Because if this master is a previously known character in the series I can only think of a Hyrulian version of Majora, no one else seems to fit. But of course it's also very possible that there is a completely new character.

Nevertheless, I really hope there will be a Hyrulian version of Majora. that would be grand!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Nevertheless, I really hope there will be a Hyrulian version of Majora. that would be grand!
I highly doubt there will be though. If you take a look in this picture, there is a one eared demon with a large collar on the left which must be Ghirahim, and in the middle there is a Demonic pig like thing that has a resemblance to Ganon. That must be who Ghirahim's master is.
Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

Nerion

Nerion Saiarion
I highly doubt there will be though. If you take a look in this picture, there is a one eared demon with a large collar on the left which must be Ghirahim, and in the middle there is a Demonic pig like thing that has a resemblance to Ganon. That must be who Ghirahim's master is.

What? where did this picture come from? I've never seen it before.

I really doubt that the giant whale is Ghirahim's master. If we remember a while back, it was said that the whale rescued Zelda from Ghirahim's tornado. And it was also already told that Ganondorf would not appear in SS.
I surely hope they doesn't pull a TP on us.

View attachment 18051

Aonuma specifically stated Ganon is not in this game. You're looking too far into that picture, it's just some generally demonic looking thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom