• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Ghirahim, the Pale Dude...

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Whatthehellareyoudoing.jpg

After that, I can never look at him the same way. Is this guy sane? He certainly carries an odd demeanor.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
What strong words....Wow this game may be darker than we initially though..."die, murder, bloodshed" :| thats really strong for a Zelda game. Im not complaining at all, but this just makes things all the more interesting. I just can't wait to play this game. What was revealed today was beyond anything I would have imagined this game to be like. It seems like this Zelda will more plot driven than any game before it, and Ghirahim just adds a whole lot more character to the game! :)

I can't take the excitement anymore NNNNNGGGG LOL

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Link's expression is very appropriate.

Just watched the extended boss footage....Wow, we have a very interesting villain on our hands indeed.

Also, it looks like the girl he was looking for is indeed confirmed to be Zelda.

::EDIT:: I swear when I first saw that screenshot, I thought I was seeing a sausage in his mouth....or something....! It looked even more suggestive than intended!

Last edited:

Vibed

must read before he posts
You guys noticed that door right? I can't be the only one...

Mysterious door.JPG

That door that Zelda's behind, why doesn't it have a Triforce? Obviously the Triforce hasn't come into play yet...

They (he said "we," implying a group, just like the interlopers) need Zelda for something. A servant of the goddess kept her from them. Only one goddess? I think the servant is Jabu-Jabu, but it could be the Wind Fish.
I would think "they" means the demons as a whole. The servant of the goddess on the other hand could be Phi (Fi) or the statue of that lady we saw in the middle of Skyloft. Or maybe that's the "singular" goddess...?

EDIT: A small thing that doesn't add anything, but and it in that extended battle video, before he starts talking it looks like he's trying to break the door with his sword. Just watch how he stops his sword mid-swing and dissipates it when he seemingly notices Link. I guess he found where Zelda was hiding? After all, he kept talking about how Zelda was a just within his grasp, but she slipped away.

GAH HYPE

Last edited:

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Ahhh ok~ Wasn't sure. ^^

Wow Vibed, actually I didn't notice that until you mentioned it, but that's very interesting that the Triforce is missing! Hmm...there are different ways of interpreting this....(will think about this in more depth later....too much stuff coming out right now is making my brain explode :P)

Also, I completely assumed that the "servant of the goddess" was the Jabu-Jabu(?)-like creature who took her away (...in his mouth?) Though I wouldn't rule out it being Phi/Fi. (I don't really think it was the figure of the statue though, that might be the 'goddess' herself they're speaking of however).

Last edited:

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I have to say that I'm impressed with what I've seen. The Boss Battle looks great, I have to say. I love the way he just walks around calm and collected; it certainly adds to his character, I think (or what we know/assume it's like so far). The video just adds so many more questions about the plot though. :O

And Vibed, nice one. I certainly hadn't noticed that. I think it's the little things like this that grab my attention more (well, sometimes, anyway. :P). I am interested in knowing how the Triforce will come into play.

Another interesting aspect of the boss fight with Ghirahim that was reported in a discussion shown on another site is that if he is able to grab your sword and you do not pull it away from him quick enough (I'm assuming with the correct angle) that he will actually take your sword away from you and use it against you. I didn't see that happen in the GT demo, but that is definitely an interesting new twist to that boss fight.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
he could be more of a rival than an enemy, he might be looking for the same thing as Link and it's just kind of like a race. and they both keep showing up at the same time and fighting over the things they are both looking for, which could be why he's around so much.

Really nice idea, kinda like the rivals in pokemon. They are all after the same goal but are equally skilled :)

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Oh my goodness... XD That extended video... That has got to be my new favorite cutscene, lol.

He's even creepier than Zant. I love it. <3

Djinn

and Tonic
The relation between the names Aganihm and Ghirahim could be a language one. Certain cultures do produce similar sounding names phonetically but have completely separate meanings. Agahnim and Ghirahim could just be very Hylian sounding names, or even a culture of a neighboring Hyrule.

I feel like it's about time we get an enemy that is not a "Demon _____" of some kind. There must be a more original title for this dude, like maybe Trickster Spirit or something of that effect rather than the old Demon this or Demon that or Lord of something or King of something. I'm loving the name Ghirahim though, and his design, I'm dying of excitement.

Generally for these adventures the developers want an epic, universe saving story over something mroe small and local. So Link taking on bandits, other mortals, or just a low level spirit is just not enough. He has to overcome demonic hordes and deities that assert their power over the countryside. Then Link would live up to the title of "Legendary Hero." Unfortunately this mindset leaves him with very few options so his enemies are often the same thing we have fought time and time again, only with a new look. I would love to see Link as the last hope against an invading army led by powerhungry humans who also wield magical weapons and are served by sorcerers and soldiers.

But I do not think that will be seen any time soon. I am happy that at least Link will have a one on one fight with swords against a main villain that is not a Dark Link or a Darknut. But a character villain that is not afraid to challenge him with a blade.

That battle seems disappointing to me, not at all harder than the ones in Twilight Princess. Link only lost a handful of hearts. Also, it simply was not very exciting looking, with Ghirahim simply taking a walk around the room.

The idea I got from this is that Girahim was mostly toying with Link, he did not seem to be very hurt at all from the fight and did not even care to use a sword for the first part of it. He just grabbed the tip of the blade with his hands without a care in the world that it could cut him. I think later on in the game Link might succeed in angering him enough to get serious. Even in his own words he said he was toying with Link
I fear I spent far too long teasing and toying with you.
Now on to analyzing the man based on his quotes.

Yes, we plucked her holiness from her perch in the clouds, and now she's ours...
Oh, but listen to me. I've forgotten my manners. Allow me to introduce myself.
I am the demon who presides over this land you look down upon... The surface.
You may call me Ghirahim.
I am a little intrigued by his use of the term "we" here, it implies that he might not be the main villain in charge, but the most proactive. Or the best possible servant to do certain tasks like taking Zelda and removing Link. I would like to know what relationship a demon lord would have with the bokoblins and lizalfos that are so commonly seen in the trailers is. They are evil but nothing I would consider demons in any way. It also confirms the rumors given last year that the land below was overtaken by a great evil.
He's lived his life in the clouds, and has only recently "discovered" the land below, which he finds has been overrun with evil forces. —Aonuma

Although in his introduction he does say that he presides over the land, proving that he might be the leader. Yet continues to use terms like we and ours.
"I am the demon who presides over this land you look down upon... The surface."

The new trailer shows a tornado overtaking Link and Zelda, then showing Zelda falling down and being consumed by some whale like creature. Which I originally thought to be some monster working for the enemy but, Ghirahim confirms that he made the tornado but was not responsible for the monster.

I thought the tornado I stirred up would have torn you apart, yet here you are.
By all rights the girl should have fallen into our hands already.
She was nearly ours when that loathsome servant of the goddess snatched her away.
Do you have any idea how that made me feel inside?
Furious! Outraged! Sick with anger!
This turn of events has left me with a strong appetite for bloodshed.
Still...It hardly seems fair, being of my position, to take all of my anger out on you.
The large creature was a servant of the goddess.

unled3id.jpg

unled4c.jpg

This leads me to begin wondering, what large whale like creature serves the goddesses in this way. Immediately I think of Jabu Jabu, Wind Fish, and Oshus. Jabu Jabu bears the closest resemblance but as far as I know cannot fly, the Wind fish looks too much like a humpback whale and less like this creature, and Oshus is stark white and lives in another dimension. This may be a new creature introduced for this game.

I also would like to know what the significance of the color changing dungeons really is, when an enemy is defeated or something important happens all the color seems to return to the dungeon around Link. It could be an effect of Ghirahim demonic presence after the battle is over, but the same effect is seen a couple more times in the trailer. Sometimes in random locations. However just before the color returns, he mentions that the girl's presence has faded from that place.
The girl's presence has all but faded from this place... No reason to linger here.

Now I wonder if the girl was sealing the temples off, and reactivating them is the goal of Ghirahim.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Whatthehellareyoudoing.jpg

After that, I can never look at him the same way. Is this guy sane? He certainly carries an odd demeanor.
look at his tongue, if that's what it is, the end is sliced off! i wonder how that happened... do you think that'll be a part of his backstory, or do you think it's just an irrelevant, random little secret meant for the observant?

Ghirahim, huh? I, personally, will probably still be calling him Puzulis as that is what I am used to, but Nintendo always seems to come up with interesting names for characters (usually they have some background behind it, such as Latin or something).

Okay, but I can't help but notice at about 0:49 of the "Extended Boss Gameplay" Ghirahim says:
Yes, we plucked her holiness from her perch in the clouds, and now she's ours...
First thing I see of that (besides serif font :P) is the use of "we" and "ours". That means he's not alone, right? Like... if he's the villain, he won't be the only villain.

And, indeed. He is quite maniacal. Despite his feminine "Fabulous" appearance, he seems quite... violent. I love insanity, but... I have a feeling that his "humanoid and jester-looking" appearance is not is true form. Especially with his serpent tounge... :/ If he's a demon, like he says... demons rarely appear human in their true form--they only don upon it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom