• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gerudos Theory

I have seen quite a few theries about the origins of the Gerudos and i have my own which i hope someone hasn't thought of yet.

Now my theory is based on them actually originally being Hylians. When The people from the sky settled on the surface they were all given regions to create there great kingdom of Hyrule. These regions of Lanaryu, Faron and Eldin. Now my theory suggests that over a long period of time the Hylians of Lanaryu adapted to the harsh desert climate and sort of evolved into the Gerudos we see today. But there reason for there hate towards the gods comes down to them feeling they have been givin the short straw and feel they deserve to live in a much more liveable place.

They turned there backs on the gods and they started to steal and pillage other regions to survive and became outlaws in a sense. As a punishment for there crimes the Gods put a curse that only 100 years may a male may be born, so they have to suffer leaderless if there Male king was killed.

Its just a little theory that probably has a lot of holes in it that i am not aware of.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Well, the Gerudos certainly had to originate from somewhere and the Skyloftians are the most likely source. Your theory certainly seems valid to me. Problem is evolution occurs over millions of years. The time gap between Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time has not been clearly confirmed but I highly doubt there was enough time for the skin tone of the original ancestral people to alter so drastically.

Yet Zoras turn into bird thingys (rito) after what? 100 years? :P (they did, didnt they?)

Nice bit of theory, i likes it =]

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Makes some sense actually.
But can you explain how the woman would keep up with reproduction to ensure their race would not go extinct?
We can't base everything off of incarnation.

Its quite simple actually, with this curse they are under they can have intercourse as much as they want with other Hylians they capture over the course of time and only after 100 years will a male actually be born, so they could have rituals every 100 years to give birth to the male, but during the period they will do what they please and only females will be born. As The Blue Reptile said it is just speculation even though i said theory, because for it to be a theory i would have to have actual in game evidence to prove this but the only thing that makes it sound true is the fact that it is plausible and can happen.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
It's never stated that they're extinct, they could have been left out of the game. besides, Shiek was supposed to make an appearance in TP but didn't.
True, but it's heavily implied...I mean, why would the desert have next to no signs of civilization except ruins, and you not see a single gerudo there, if they were still thriving? Those ruins look like they havent been touched in hundreds of years. Not only that, but look at the big bokoblin fort. There's no way the gerudos would share the desert peacefully with monsters. They would run them off their turf. So I believe they're extinct in TP.

As for Sheik, well...she's not a gerudo. She's Zelda disguised as a sheikah...no connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom