• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gerudo

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I've always been wondering if every 100 years a new male gerudo is born how do they keep existing? and the lady that nabooru put in charge says that she thought men were filthy and gerudo hate them this has been a very mysterious mystery

I've always been wondering if every 100 years a new male gerudo is born how do they keep existing? and the lady that nabooru put in charge says that she thought men were filthy and gerudo hate them this has been a very mysterious mystery

A gossip stone outside the Temple of Time tells you that Gerudo come to Castle Town to get boyfriends.

Just thought I'd clear that up.:D

bellum

Gamer since age 2
oh really I never knew that but if they come to castle town to get boyfriends and have some babies there really is a chance that the baby may be hylian or whatever the folk from castle town are and one of their babies might be a boy so I'm still a tad bit confused:S

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
oh really I never knew that but if they come to castle town to get boyfriends and have some babies there really is a chance that the baby may be hylian or whatever the folk from castle town are and one of their babies might be a boy so I'm still a tad bit confused:S

thats not the point. that fact they are Gerudo make it so they can only have one boy every 100 years. its like a curse on them. it doesnt have anything to do with their physical race.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
thats not the point. that fact they are Gerudo make it so they can only have one boy every 100 years. its like a curse on them. it doesnt have anything to do with their physical race.
not neccisarly cause it maynot be a curse it may be something else like some with the gerudo;s body's although they may of told us that if it was true well it doesn't seem like a curse and also the gerudo hate men really so it may be a law of the gerudo

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
not neccisarly cause it maynot be a curse it may be something else like some with the gerudo;s body's although they may of told us that if it was true well it doesn't seem like a curse and also the gerudo hate men really so it may be a law of the gerudo

it cant neccessarily be a law because its not like they can just say to their bodies "dont have a boy" and then POP a girl comes out. and they obviously dont hate boys THAT much because whenever they do have a boy it becomes their leader...

bellum

Gamer since age 2
it cant neccessarily be a law because its not like they can just say to their bodies "dont have a boy" and then POP a girl comes out. and they obviously dont hate boys THAT much because whenever they do have a boy it becomes their leader...
well even in OoT they say they hate all boys except Ganondorf is also like saying they hate all boys except their king and well I know that but I"m kinda thinking it was something like a curse but not a curse

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
well even in OoT they say they hate all boys except Ganondorf is also like saying they hate all boys except their king and well I know that but I"m kinda thinking it was something like a curse but not a curse

this completely contradicts your previous post. you basically said that you think they might choose to only have one male every 100 years because they hate males. now youre saying they hate all males except their king which is the one male born every 100 years. those are contradicting because if they hate all males EXCEPT Gerudo males. if they like Gerudo males then why would they choose to only have one every 100 years? those are very contradicting posts.

my theory is that its some sort of curse or some sort of genetic thing that makes them only have one male born every 100 years.

you have to keep in mind that its not saying that each Gerudo gives birth to one male every 100 years but that there is ONLY one male every 100 years. it would be impossible to figure out which one is going to give birth to this male unless there is a whole back story to it, but without a back story to explain it, its just better to assume its just something specific to their race. it may not be a curse at all, just something they evolved with or was bestowed upon them by the goddesses because the goddesses knew they were going to give a Gerudo male the tirforce of power and they didnt want other Gerudo males fighting over it...who knows?

bellum

Gamer since age 2
this completely contradicts your previous post. you basically said that you think they might choose to only have one male every 100 years because they hate males. now youre saying they hate all males except their king which is the one male born every 100 years. those are contradicting because if they hate all males EXCEPT Gerudo males. if they like Gerudo males then why would they choose to only have one every 100 years? those are very contradicting posts.

my theory is that its some sort of curse or some sort of genetic thing that makes them only have one male born every 100 years.

you have to keep in mind that its not saying that each Gerudo gives birth to one male every 100 years but that there is ONLY one male every 100 years. it would be impossible to figure out which one is going to give birth to this male unless there is a whole back story to it, but without a back story to explain it, its just better to assume its just something specific to their race. it may not be a curse at all, just something they evolved with or was bestowed upon them by the goddesses because the goddesses knew they were going to give a Gerudo male the tirforce of power and they didnt want other Gerudo males fighting over it...who knows?
Zemen, I'm changing my mind time over time.But I bet gerudo's can have boys but if it isn't the 100th year he can't become Gerudo, That's on posiibility.About the king thing in OoT the Gerudo thief nabooru put in charge even said she thought all men were filthy except for the great Ganondorf which kinda means every hundred years they get a new king and then praise him.I dont really think it has anything to do with the Triforce because how would they give the one male gerudo the triforce of powere I doughted they even knew about it . and I'm beggining to believe your theory a teeny bit about that wierd curse but the Answer awaits in Miyamoto

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Why Every 100 Years?

Why is it that the Gerudo tribe only have a male every 100 years?

im not sure if this is ever discussed within the series or explained but its very mysterious (hence being in the mysteries section).

i have come up with some theories that i will present.

1) its a curse. maybe somewhere in the past, the Gerudo tribe was cursed by some magical being making it so that they could only have one male every 100 years. maybe some time before OoT, there was a group of male Gerudos who did something rediculous that caused some magical being to deem in necessary for there to only be one male existing at a time.

2) its just part of their genetic code. each race has things specific to them. the Gerudo appear to be humans, but maybe they are an entirely different race that just looks like humans. the deku are woodlike, the zora are swimmers, the goron eat rock and are strong and near impervious to heat, maybe the Gerudos special trait is that they can only have on male every 100 years. maybe their race was just created that way.

3) this is probably my favorite theory. maybe the Goddesses made them this way on purpose. maybe the goddesses forsaw that Ganondorf would get the triforce of power. this doesnt mean that they knew he would be evil, they just knew he would get it. with that in mind maybe they made it so only one male is born every 100 years because they did not want their to be too much of a lopsided power distribution. it is made obvious that Ganondorf has powers even without the triforce. if that is the case, then probably all males have this magic. in OoT, Ganondorf is the only magic user of the Gerudo tribe with the exception of twinrova. maybe the males are the only ones that get magic and if they gave Ganondorf the triforce of power to protect, then his tribe would be too powerful if there were a bunch of other magical males so they only allow the tribe to have one every century.

well those are the only theories i have been able to come up with for now. lets discuss this idea people! :)

S

Shawnogohma

My question is is how do they all give birth. Are they all surrogate? If so, then that means all Gerudos are part Hylian or some other race.

Or maybe Ganondorf get's a lot of action........(sorry)

Or perhaps whenever a male is born before a hundred years has gone by, they kill him? o_O

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
My question is is how do they all give birth. Are they all surrogate? If so, then that means all Gerudos are part Hylian or some other race.

Or maybe Ganondorf get's a lot of action........(sorry)

Or perhaps whenever a male is born before a hundred years has gone by, they kill him? o_O

kind of off topic but a good point i guess.

obviously if there is only one male then they must find other means of getting pregnant. assuming that the lifespan of the male is anywhere from 40-55 as would be the standard in a medievil place, then they would need a male to inpregnate them after their only male has passed so, yes, i would assume that every male Gerudo is part Hylian or what have you.

from here on out try to stay on topic and discuss the 100 year theories.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
well, zemen I"m kinda understanding your 3rd theory now and it's great^^

and shawnagohma um one of the stones near the Temple of time says that sometimes Gerudo come to Castle town to get boyfriends, That is how they give birth.I also though of something like killing them, well I said just not making Gerudo, but your Idea is Fine enough I guess.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
inherit part of there genetic code whats the diffrence but I dont think they would inherit something like that but I think it has something to do with the goddeses like zemen said

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom