• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Mario Kart 7 Discussion

I hated Rainbow road in 64. Sooooo long.
At least the song was good. Anyways I've played every single MK game except for SMK and MKGP 2(arcade MK game). They're the only racing games that I care about (I do want to play an F Zero game, but I don't own one). Hopefully this will be the best MK and I think it will be since the tracks look cool, 8 player WI-FI is better in my opinion and other things as well.Oh yeah, it's portable as well.:clap:

Last edited:

Beeker

Wild Card
There are lots of things I'm excited for in this game. One is seeing all the new tracks and what they're like. Looking at one of the videos that was posted here, they looked pretty neat. Another of course is experiencing older tracks. I was so happy when I saw they picked Kalimari Desert for one of them. So many memories of that track. =D
I actually don't mind the hangliding/submarine aspect of the game. At first I was a little shocked, but it was nothing huge for me to begin with. In fact, I think it's a good thing. Since we are better able to travel across the air and underwater, we could see more diversity in the tracks. Customization looks cool, how we can combine different parts. I can't wait to try it out. :3

Nintendo really seems to love Tanooki tail's design. :P

Not minding it though, it's cute.

Just watched the gameplay video, the controls were never really a big mystery, I expected it to be nearly identical to Mario Kart DS's controls expect with an analog stick. I'm really optimistic about this game already, going underwater or gliding will make tracks more interesting as there should be different ways to clear them then. (Also customizing karts? Gimme.)

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Good news everyone!ucwatididthar

Rosalina and Shy Guy are back! Daisy, Shy Guy and even the Mii's are back!

And what has really, really, REALLY got me pumped is the fact that.

LUIGI'S RACEWAY IS BACK!

This makes the Retro list:
SNES Mario Circuit 2
N64 Kalimari Desert
N64 Luigi Raceway
GBA Bowser Castle 1
DS Airship Fortress
DS Luigi's Mansion
DS Waluigi Pinball
DS DK Pass
Wii Maple Treeway

and the character list:
Returning Drivers

Mario[11]
Luigi[11]
Princess Peach[video 1]
Princess Daisy[12]
Toad[video 1]
Yoshi[video 1]
Koopa Troopa[video 1]
Bowser[video 1]
Donkey Kong[video 1]
Wario[12]
Rosalina[12]
Shy Guy
Mii[5]
New Drivers

Lakitu (red shell)[13]
Metal Mario[13]
Other

And the New courses:
Unnamed tarmac race course. Peach's Castle appears here. Cherry blossom trees, and mushroom trampolines from Mushroom Gorge in Mario Kart Wii also appear in it.[20]Also appearing on this course are large pipes, similar to Mario Raceway, and Grand Goombas.
Wuhu Island, a place that also appears in Wii Fit, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus, and Pilotwings Resort. The course even has a remix of Wii Sports Resort's main theme. Unlike past Mario Kart tracks, with three laps each, this track only has one, because of its large size.
Demo Track 1, An Unnamed mountainous course with pipes and incoming boulders. It greatly resembles the pipe beta course, dokan_course from Mario Kart DS. There is also a cave and after is a forest.
Demo Track 2, An Unnamed underwater course with Clampies and Cheep-Cheeps.
Demo Track 3, An Unnamed jungle course with DK's House and Tiki Goons from Donkey Kong Country Returns. The Golden Temple also appears and players can drive inside it. The Music is a remixed version of the title theme from the game.[18]
Unnamed village course with windmills, similar to that of Bianco Hills, which seems to appear in the Mushroom Cup.[video 2]
Unnamed snow course. The Comet Observatory also appears here.[video 2]
Unnamed Arabian-themed course with Mushroom-shaped buildings, which takes place at night-time.
A Bowser course that resembles a factory or a futuristic course, where it's raining outside.
Unnamed theme-park like course. A giant Blue Toad balloon with strings appears. It slightly resembles Pinna Park.

Yeah, I copied and Pasted it.

TONS of new Mario Kart 7 Details emerge at the 3DS conference today!!
- Mario Kart 7 installs a Mario Kart Channel
- get ghosts from other 3DS players via StreetPass
- select a person's data from the Mario Kart Channel and race them online
- 8 player online, 60 FPS
- community features added, allowing you to create your own community
- daily downloads for ghost data via SpotPass as well

The community features sound really cool. Seems Nintendo is finally recognizing that clan-based Mario Kart play is very popular. I'm for sure joining a community when I get it. Also, a Mario Kart channel seemed obvious, considering we got one in MK Wii.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
2 Newcomers are set to appear, excluding Lakitu and Metal Mario. But who? We have seen all the stars and enemies in Wii and past installments, let's just hope it's not something stupid like a goomba/

EDIT:

OMG! BIG DONUT IS MAKING A RETURN! YAY! AND KOOPATROOPA BEACH! TWO MORE SPACES! LIST NOW:
N64 Luigi Raceway
GBA Bowser Castle 1
Wii Mushroom Gorge
DS Luigi's Mansion
Banana Cup

N64 Koopa Troopa Beach[23]
SNES Mario Circuit 2
Wii Coconut Mall
DS Waluigi Pinball
Other

N64 Kalimari Desert
GCN Dino Dino Jungle
DS Airship Fortress
DS DK Pass
Wii Maple Treeway
Wii Koopa Cape
Battle Courses

Mario battling at GBA Battle Course 1.
Just like in Mario Kart DS, players will have to blow their balloons to battle.

Honey Bee House [21]
Sherbet Rink [21]
Wuhu Town [21]
N64 Big Donut[21]
GBA Battle Course 1[21]
DS Palm Shore[21]

So, I copied. Big deal.

Last edited:

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
So that meens there are no more new characters. Well, until we find out if Funky Kong or any other peeps are returning, that's the lot

I have updated the first post with videos of the Mushroom, Flower, Shell, and Banana Cups!

Also go watch Nintendo Show 3D for some more exclusive gameplay on the Rock Rock Mountain track.

We now know all but one of the included retro courses. I'm suspecting the last one to be from Mario Kart 64 as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom