• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GDC 2011 is Soon

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Raven I am going to have to disagree with you on
" i feel like their focus is on the 3DS right now and that they should be showing that off at GDC, so instead of an SS trailer I'm more inclined to think they would show the OoT 3D trailer." I feel that they can show the 3DS off but they don't have to make the whole Keynote for that (like they did three times already) and they can show off a SS and OoT 3D trailer , also the keynote is called "Video Games Turn 25: A Historical Perspective and Vision for the Future." so that sounds like it won't be only be on 3DS but also the Wii and it's games. (hope that changed your mind a little.)

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
personally I think the emphasis should go to Skyward Sword cuz after all OoT 3D IS a remake and from what I've gathered many people are really anticipating this game and many are not...So I dunno many (if not most) zelda fans already know all about OoT and because there's improvements here and there that doesnt mean anything drastic has been altered...Us fans have waited a long time for SS so would it be too much to show maybe a 3 minute trailer?

I'm still a little doubtful i guess, i feel like their focus is on the 3DS right now and that they should be showing that off at GDC, so instead of an SS trailer I'm more inclined to think they would show the OoT 3D trailer. Even though I'd much rather see the Zelda game for Wii, this is just one of those times when I really hope I'm wrong. In my mind SS has been in the works longer than OoT 3D, looking at it that way it would make sense for them to show off SS, but then they dont want SS to overshadow this great remake. So wouldn't that mean that they should stick with OoT until after it's released? and then launch into all this SS stuff that they've been saving up?

I really disagree. Their focus has been on the 3DS, but it just released in Japan, so it's old news now. If there was any more they would have to say about the 3DS
they would have done it by now, everything about that thing has been said. Iwata's keynote is about the history and future of gaming.
3DS is not 'the future' anymore. It's the present. SS is the future.
So I expect Iwata to talk about the future and explain the evolution and future of one of Nintendo's key franchises that just turned 25, which is very coincidental as
the keynote's title is 'Video Games Turn 25: A Historical Perspective and Vision for the Future'. SS would be a perfect opportunity to demonstrate the next step in the series.

I think they will release info on Pandora's Tower, possibly a new Mario game for the 3DS. I think they will have a trailer for Skyward Sword. I really really hope they have a trailer. It's been like eight months with no info at ALL! And since it's coming out in the summer it'd be a good time to start the hype train a little bit. Demo will not happen most likely, I am thinking a short trailer, like just over a minute. And some pictures and a little bit of info.

I'm at least expecting news on the subject of Skyward Sword, looking at the theme of the event is 25 years of video games and this is Zelda's 25-year anniversary. That said, it's more likely they'll still focus majority of their attention on the imminent release of the 3DS in the states and Europe. I think we'll see more on Ocarina of Time 3D than Skyward Sword, but many fans, including myself, would enjoy a new trailer for a fresh look at what's been going on with the game since last year's E3. Nintendo need to remind us to be excited for Skyward Sword's release and not allow the 3DS to completely overshadow, quite possibly, their largest console release of the year.

Sgt. Backwash

JEALOUSY
With GDC coming up in about 7 hours, there are only so many things I expect to happen.

So here they are, in order from what I consider most likely to least likely.

1: We get a trailer + info at Iwata's keynote speech, which is scheduled for Wednesday(March 2nd).

2: We get a trailer + info before the speech, but during GDC, anywhere between a few hours from now to March 2nd.

3: We get no trailer but Nintendo answers some questions about the game.

Time will tell all.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
So GDC has now started. I was just looking through the schedule, and it appears that Nintendo is only making three appearances:
(times are PST)
Wed, 9:00am - Iwata's 25 years of gaming keynote. This is probably our biggest hope for SS info, though it doesn't seem too likely given the subject.
Wed, 1:00pm - Konno discusses 3DS development. We might get some OoT 3DS info here, though he'll be focusing on the hardare and Nintendogs+Cats.
Thurs, 9:00am - Tanabe and people from Retro Studios talk about overseas development of Donkey Kong Country Returns. Nothing here obviously.

I'm actually not too hopeful that we'll get anything anymore. I haven't seen anything about game demos except one session about health-related games, and I don't know how trailers would fit into Iwata and Konno's speaches. Best case, we might learn a little bit about the games' development which might hint at some new info.

So GDC has now started. I was just looking through the schedule, and it appears that Nintendo is only making three appearances:
(times are PST)
Wed, 9:00am - Iwata's 25 years of gaming keynote. This is probably our biggest hope for SS info, though it doesn't seem too likely given the subject.
Wed, 1:00pm - Konno discusses 3DS development. We might get some OoT 3DS info here, though he'll be focusing on the hardare and Nintendogs+Cats.
Thurs, 9:00am - Tanabe and people from Retro Studios talk about overseas development of Donkey Kong Country Returns. Nothing here obviously.

I'm actually not too hopeful that we'll get anything anymore. I haven't seen anything about game demos except one session about health-related games, and I don't know how trailers would fit into Iwata and Konno's speaches. Best case, we might learn a little bit about the games' development which might hint at some new info.

The same way they did every other GDC trailers were shown, which is almost every year except 2010 (EDIT: At least, since 2005 :P, I don't know before that).
I actually think a speach about 25 years gaming, which coincides with Zelda's 25th anniversary is a perfect, almost obvious
chance to show off at least a new trailer. Even if it is just to show the evolution is has made the past 25 years.

Also, would you have thought that Iwata actually showed a trailer of Spirit Tracks during his speech of "Discovering New Game Development Opportunities"? The keynote's title does not necessarily hint at what the whole speech is all about.
I still have hopes, although I keep them at a minimum, so I don't get disappointed.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I would think a new trailer at least would be shown. A release date would be wonderful attached to that, but I doubt it. As mentioned, trailers don't need to be a part of a bigger announcement session. Spirit Tracks was revealed (with no prior knowledge) given a title, a trailer and a release window all at once in Iwata's Keynote.

I'm hoping that a trailer shown would be something a little more fleshed out that the previous one. The TP style trailers impressed me a lot more. Minus that opening bit of the Zelda-Through-The-Ages montage in the previous trailer, there really wasn't much shown outside of the demo area. A full quick-paced multi-scene trailer is in order showing more varied locations. I don't want to see another Wii Sports Resort gameplay demo this time.

I would love a demo to be available on the Shop Channel, but that's not Nintendo's style. It seems like a no-brainer to provide the previous demo for consumers to try. Heck, I'd buy a Wiimote Plus to play it as I don't already have one. They've only just recently begun giving demos of downloadable titles, but I think they probably feel Zelda's going to have it's buyers demo or not, so why waste the time to code one to download?

At any rate, it will be interesting to see what GDC will bring this year, as it's had a history with Zelda releases.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I agree with basement24. The new trailer should show new places I also don't want a trailer that shows one place and one place only we need more of a hype trailer not a trailer that shows only gameplay in one place and that's it...PLEASE NINTENDO SHOW US AN EPIC TRAILER (even though I agree also on the Zelda-Through-The-Ages montage.
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/member.php?1633-basement24

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Where in Canada? It's:
PST (Pacific): 9:00 am
MST (Mountain): 10:00 am
CST (Central): 11:00 am
EST (Eastern): 12:00 pm

I'll try to remember to go to bed early tonight so I can wake up before noon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom