• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ganondorf Cameo in Skyward Sword

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
before i begin, id like to point out that this wasnt my idea, i got it from another forum member. anyways, since SS is before OOT, i think that a ganondorf cameo would be awesome! picture this scenario. during a desert dungeon, you come across a guerdo woman searching for her lost baby boy. after a bit of tears, you agree to help her. at the end of the dungeon you discover that the boss is keeping the baby captive. naturally, you kill the boss, and save the baby. the guerdo woman thanks you from the bottom of her heart. then you ask the babys name. she answers:

"my babies name is ganondorf"

HOWZAT?!?! in a twist of fate link rescues ganondorf, unwittingly spuring all the events of the later games and allowing ganondorf to lay seige to hyrule!

(update: i saw some comments saying it wont work becuse of the time gap between oot and ss, so what if it was reaveled that guerdos live for 1000s of years? kotake and koume, ganondorfs grandmothers, were 400 years old after all.)

Last edited:

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Man, I would love that, but it's not going to happen.

That reminds me of a part of my LoZ novel work... hmm.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
In Ocarina of Time, Ganondorf appeared to be around 30 years old. Skyward Sword will take place, at a minimum, at least 100 years before Ocarina of Time does. 100 maybe seems a bit too little. So throwing Ganondorf in there, even as a cameo, is not going to work.

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
SS is pretty much the origin of the Master Sword. The sword was considered legendary even in OoT, so I'm pretty sure SS will take place at least a few hundred years before OoT. This really makes a Ganondorf cameo of any kind really difficult to pull off in a way that doesn't make players groan at the implausibility. Now I could see a previous Gerudo king or an ancestor making an appearance. Some kind of foreshadowing to future events (a prophecy, maybe?) would also be interesting. But the problem with that is the fact it might confuse new players to the series.

Personally, though, I'd rather not have any mention of Ganondorf outside of an Easter Egg appear in the game. He's a great villain, but he had an excellent origin story in OoT. Putting him in SS, even when he's not a villain, would feel kind of forced.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
I talked a while back (not here) about the possibility of other Gerudo kings, perhaps even Ganondorf's father in the games with a friend, or even showing him as a baby at the end of the game or something. Since new Gerudo males supposedly are not born for 100 years, that could be possible if the time setting is just right. I'd love to see another King, perhaps even a benevolent one.

P

peckingbird

I suppose there could be a crystal ball or something somewhere in the game and when you 'checked' it foreshadows the coming of the king of evil, or some other name for Ganondorf. But not using a direct name for him...

Djinn

and Tonic
Since Nintendo loves placing these easter eggs in games all the time I have little doubt that there will be some sort of Ganondorf type connection, or picture somewhere in this game. Or maybe just a name mentioned somewhere. However since this is a separate era I would not mind actually seeing someone else ruling the Gerudo for a change. Link could visit the Gerudo Desert and come across the tribe ruled by a totally different king, showing the players that Gerudo were not always the villains. And not every ruler was an iron fisted conqueror. Nabooru in OoT seemed surprised at Ganondorf's actions and was disgusted by them, showing that they might not always have been as terrible a people. Much like the Gerudo appearance in FSA.

Although the Gerudo are a different species from Hylian and we do not completely know how long they live. It might be possible to see a scrappy little Ganondorf roaming around the Gerudo camp somewhere causing mischief.
justalittleganonbyrongs.jpg

Each time Link turns his head little Ganny would shoot a deku nut at him, it would be great.

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
before i begin, id like to point out that this wasnt my idea, i got it from another forum member. anyways, since SS is before OOT, i think that a ganondorf cameo would be awesome! picture this scenario. during a desert dungeon, you come across a guerdo woman searching for her lost baby boy. after a bit of tears, you agree to help her. at the end of the dungeon you discover that the boss is keeping the baby captive. naturally, you kill the boss, and save the baby. the guerdo woman thanks you from the bottom of her heart. then you ask the babys name. she answers:

"my babies name is ganondorf"

HOWZAT?!?! in a twist of fate link rescues ganondorf, unwittingly spuring all the events of the later games and allowing ganondorf to lay seige to hyrule!

(update: i saw some comments saying it wont work becuse of the time gap between oot and ss, so what if the guerdos do an immortality ritual on him after you save him?)

I like your idea alot. But i highly dought it will happen :(

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Since Nintendo loves placing these easter eggs in games all the time I have little doubt that there will be some sort of Ganondorf type connection, or picture somewhere in this game. Or maybe just a name mentioned somewhere.

A picture, or something, sure. The only problem with that would be the radical fans would overreact and theorize it to no end.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Good theory, but since SS comes way before OoT and Ganondorf isn't an old guy when he tries to kill Link, it wouldn't work. But I love the idea!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I like the idea of Ganondork making a cameo, but seeing that SS is deeper in the past than what would seem 100 years, I think we might instead see a past Gerudo King. Perhaps even one that is alike the King of Hyrule in regards to his people, or maybe he even had the thoughts that Ganondorf used as a facade in TWW.

S

Souldier

I believe we MIGHT see the previous Gerudo king in the case SS happens exactly 100 years before (remember the 1 male every 100 years thing from OoT?And that he was supposed to be king?) but I think it would be lame to see Ganondorf ALWAYS.I mean, he is a nice final boss and stuff but please, there's a limit to reuse of a villian.

seriously nobody mantioned a cameo of twinrova/koume and kotake?
consider they are 400 years old in oot and we dont know how far ss is in the past.
and also remember link of oot was already a legend 100 years after oot (wind waker)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom