• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gannondwarf Could be in Ocarina of Time

jack546

The chosen one
guys think about this gannons mothers lived op to 400ish years and were killed they didnt die of old age they could have probably lived longer i dont know how aging works where gannon was banished but that is another 500 years and he looks the same think a guerodo (sorry i probably spelt that wrong)king would probably last alot longer than the average guerodo so why couldnt gannondwarf have lived 100 maybe 200 years before Oot think about that and please correct me if i am wrong about anything(besides the spelling of guerodo).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ganondork

goo
Your logic is incorrect, Gerudo kings are born once every 100 years. This means that the previous one dies so the next part of the bloodline can continue. Ganondorf was introduced in Ocarina of Time around the age of 20 - 30, so he could have only been that age.

Also comparing him to his parents, Koume and Kotake is a bad example, considering the fact that both of them are witches.

And I don't understand the title of this, Ganondorf is in Ocarina of Time.

Yeah, Ganondorf is relatively young in Ocarina of Time (around late 20's, early 30's), and is a male Gerudo, which is a rarity, as only one is born every 100 years among the them. Skyward Sword is popularly believed and is hinted to take place well before Ocarina of Time; possibly multiple centuries.

Koume and Kotake took him in as there own child, and it appears as though they taught him the Dark Arts... If anything, given their age (400-ish), the two could appear or at least be alluded to in Skyward Sword.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I wouldn't really mind if he has a cameo role in it. They never actually said how long a Gerudo lives or how fast they age. Perhaps he was actually near the end of his life that was motivation for obtaining more power. I personally thought he looked like the equivalent of human late 40's. Dangerously tiptoeing close to theory-section stuff here... but think about it. The next male can't just take power the moment they're born. The previous one has to stay in there until the new one is old enough. Perhaps killing the previous on is their rite of passage into adulthood for the males. It's no more wild than the other speculations put up here. Perhaps Ganondorf is actually approaching 100. I kind of think that they will put him in some small cameo role as a tie-in to Ocarina. Perhaps as a young gerudo teenager. Perhaps even his predessesor is an antagonist. Personally I'd love him to have some sort of cameo role in the game. Since he can't be the main bad guy, it's be nice to have him in there somewhere. This would be before most people in that world would have thought of him as evil.

Agent Spaghetti

Advanced Noodle
Unless Skyward Sword takes place very close to Ocarina of Time (which is unlikely), then Ganondorf will not show up. It's been confirmed that he will be alluded to, but I wouldn't count on an actual appearance.

G

Goronelder1990

My theory is that the Red Head kid that is the bully at Link's school is an ancestor to Ganondorf. At the end of the game perhaps he will end up in the desert and marry a gerudo and the rest is history...hence his red hair.

I don't know why people are saying that Ganondorf can't be in Skyward Sword because it takes place to long before Ocarina of Time. The whole Zelda timeline is spread out by thousands of years. If Ganondorf can't live a couple hundred years until the events of Ocarina of Time, then how come he can live thousands of years afterward?

However, I don't think we'll be seeing Ganondorf in this game anyway.

I don't know why people are saying that Ganondorf can't be in Skyward Sword because it takes place to long before Ocarina of Time. The whole Zelda timeline is spread out by thousands of years. If Ganondorf can't live a couple hundred years until the events of Ocarina of Time, then how come he can live thousands of years afterward?

Ganon lives that long afterward, not Ganondorf. Most fans agree that Ganon lives that long because of the triforce of power. Ganondorf didn't have that before OoT.
Ganondorf can probably only live about 100 years without the influence of the triforce, since there's only one male gerudo born in that time span.

IHNo

The Other Side
In an interview with Aonuma, he stated that Ganondorf would me mentioned in Skyward Sword and the game would also explain his presence in Ocarina of Time. But it seems like nothing more than that. Timeline-wise, it doesn't make sense for him to physically appear, so I doubt he will. However, Koume and Kotake might make an appearance, given that they are around 400 years old.

Ganondork

goo
In an interview with Aonuma, he stated that Ganondorf would me mentioned in Skyward Sword and the game would also explain his presence in Ocarina of Time. But it seems like nothing more than that. Timeline-wise, it doesn't make sense for him to physically appear, so I doubt he will. However, Koume and Kotake might make an appearance, given that they are around 400 years old.

That was Ganon that he confirmed, not Ganondorf ;)

However, I don't think we'll be seeing Ganondorf in this game anyway.

Like what Griffin said. However, he left out the fact that Ganondorf is introduced in Ocarina of Time. Ganon might make an appearance, but Ganondorf will not, unless he stumbled upon a time machine; something that hasn't been invented even to this day. But even with that, I don't want Ganon to show his face, I would rather we see new antagonists.

IHNo

The Other Side
That was Ganon that he confirmed, not Ganondorf ;)

Really? Bah! Shows how much I know, then! Haha! :lol:
Well, I still expect not to see too much about him. It still seems like it was more hinted that, "Yeah, we mention him in there, but he's not actually in the game."
However, with the little information on this subject that we know of, I guess it's possible he could fit in. But I sincerely hope not. :shake:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom