• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gamespot Gives Skyward Sword a 7.5???!!!

Well Gamespot gave Super Mario Galaxy 2 a perfect score of 10, so that disproves your claim that they have a bias against Nintendo.
He said that review, not the entire site.

Djinn's right though, assuming they are trying to troll with this you're giving them exactly what they want. Any form of upset at them for this is problematic in its entirety, I'll explain why:

1. If they're being entirely honest, then they have their opinion and outrage is wildly inappropriate because that indicates that it's an injustice for someone to dislike something you like. Disagreements in terms of taste are a given; they're always going to happen no matter what and getting upset about it will only cause yourself unnecessary and fruitless stress.

2. If they're trolling, then regardless of how negative your attention towards them is, it's still attention; it's free publicity. Your outrage is misplaced because it ultimately is exactly what they're looking for.

It's just a negative review. Every game is going to get at least one. Don't be too upset about it.

There was a very clear bias in that review against the Zelda franchise.
1- He mentions that the game repeats many mistakes of previous installments. As a reviewer, he should elaborate upon those mistakes, something he did not do...he didn't mention what they were in the slightest. (He most likely pulled those "mistakes" out of his ***)
2 - Problems with the controls? It can't be because other reviewers have proclaimed their excellence and top-notch performance. If I were to follow this "reviewer"'s logic, I'd have to give Sonic the Hedgehog a 1 out of 10 'cause my Mega Drive controller no longer works therefore I can't play the game. Shucks :(
3 - Same old, same old? huh-huh, apparently he forgot that this game BREAKS tradition of the Zelda franchise in many ways.
Reviewers like these should get fired immediately. (Not for bashing on Zelda, but for overall incompetence.)

So it looks like their little plan worked out well enough. Their rating got all of you guys interested in them specifically and I'm sure everyone here visited the site a few times in the last 24 hours. Giving them a lot of nice traffic in the process, even if it was in anger or for the sake of messaging them about their decision. How many people actually visited the sites of everyone else that reviewed the game? Probably not many at all, it was okay enough to see the review posted elsewhere and then move on. The review seems to be a mix of two things, they hate the Wii period. Anything that appears on it they will not like since it is what they consider an inferior system and a game that does not live up to the potential of more modern games. And they are at least a little bit trolling, for special generated traffic. And in that sense they are succeeding very well. Stir up the emotions of the fans and then wait for something to happen.
i didn't say it got bad reviews, i just said the 95-94 average is a disappointment.
Skyward is currently the worst reviewed 3D Zelda game. Zelda usually has top score of the year, SS is at forth place, with Portal 2, Skyrim and Arkham City scoring better then it.
maybe Gametrailers where right, maybe Zelda is getting old...

I agree with Axle. :yes: It is only one bad review, and it is expected that most games will likely receive at least one. 7.5 isn't that bad by comparison, in my opinion. If this was indeed a troll move by the reviewer, however, the popular phrase "Don't feed the troll" would apply...

At any rate, here's a chart of ratings that Skyward Sword received from other sources [Note that it will likely be updated once more reviews are released]:

31b9f05a.png

Courtesy of GameRankings.com

I'm going to pretend that this review doesn't exist. I'm not mad but I am confused. Besides, just because its just one 7.5 and there are like 10/10s and more positive reviews. We have wait till the game comes out.

I agree with Axle. :yes: It is only one bad review, and it is expected that most games will likely receive at least one. 7.5 isn't that bad by comparison, in my opinion. If this was indeed a troll move by the reviewer, however, the popular phrase "Don't feed the troll" would apply...

At any rate, here's a chart of ratings that Skyward Sword received from other sources [Note that it will likely be updated once more reviews are released]:

31b9f05a.png

Courtesy of GameRankings.com
again, 94.11 is a low average for a 3d Zelda game. and yes, it is disappointing considering Skyward Sword's main GOTY competition, Skyrim review average..
dudes, don't you get it? a lot of the reviews said that Zelda is getting old, and SS is the worst reviewed 3D Zelda game ever! What if they are right? what if this is the start of the end for good Zelda games?

You can't tell if it is good or bad by not playing it and listing to others. I have to play the game in order to say if it is good or not.

I don't care if it is the lowest reviewed 3d Zelda game that doesn't tell me anything. I have only read once where someone is saying it is getting old but I could care less if they think that.

Last edited:

MW7

Here are my 2 cents.

1. It's one "good" review. Everyone is saying it's a horrible review but by Gamespot's definition 7.5 is "good."

2. Continuing on from #1 the review is an outlier. If a game has a 94% average through 20 reviews and one of the reviews is a 7.5, I'm taking that review with a grain of salt.

3. It's just a number and it won't detract from how you enjoy the game.

4. The guy is just giving his opinion.

again, 94.11 is a low average for a 3d Zelda game. and yes, it is disappointing considering Skyward Sword's main GOTY competition, Skyrim review average..
dudes, don't you get it? a lot of the reviews said that Zelda is getting old, and SS is the worst reviewed 3D Zelda game ever! What if they are right? what if this is the start of the end for good Zelda games?

Hmm... Ah, I see. If you put that way, I guess I can see why you are disappointed.

Don't fret, you have my say that Skyward Sword is an awesome game - I've played it, if that helps. :yes:

Yes, this is true, and more reviews are possibly still pending, which I mentioned when I posted my source [GameRankings.com]. I guess it depends on what reviewers most fans really care about.
IGN and Gametrailers and Gamespot are my usual go-to review sites, as well as Game informer and Machinima.
i also like tough critics like Edge and Erogamer, but i don't really care for them.
What really matters is the average, so Im kind of down. i mean, i don't evan know if I'm gonna get Skyward when i can spend my money on games that are considered better for my PS3. i know it sounds very stupid, but i just don't want to get disappointed by my favorite franchise

What's grey?
"Most troubling of all is how the infrared aiming works. There are certain items that require you to aim at the screen."
Wait, I thought you didn't have to aim at the screen to make things work and just needed to move the controller around like you would a cursor and a mouse. Am I wrong?
-
The review seems to have some legitimate points, although control complaints could have been a hardware problem. Even so, it seems to me based on the review, the score should have been an 8 at least.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's okay that they gave the game a 7.5, not your own review. If it were a troll attempt, I say bravo but also boo. Anyone can troll a well-praised series, it only takes a couple of cuss words and imagination. Anyone can troll SS for that matter, it just takes ability. Then again, trolling gets traffic as Djinn already noted, so Gamespot did well if that was what they wanted. I don't agree with the 7.5/10, but who really cares? It's not your personal view of the game, so leave them be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom