• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gamespot Gives Skyward Sword a 7.5???!!!

GOD I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW TICKED IT MAKES ME WHEN SOMEONE SAYS A GAME ISN'T GOOD BECAUSE IT'S WHAT THE GAME IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry... but if I wanted something that wasn't tried and true to the Zelda formula, then I'd play something that wasn't Zelda! BUT!!! I want to play Zelda for the simple fact that it's game I fell in love with and if it was something entirely new and different then it's not Zelda! If I want to play something different I will! Geez reviews like that make me mad...

Night Owl

~Momentai
I got lost trying to figure out what they were trying to say.
It seems like they were bashing it for being to much of the same old stuff.
Personally, from what i've seen of the game, I think their cons aren't as bad as they make them out to be.

I most definitely wouldn't give the game a 7.5, but easily an 8.5/8.75. it doesn't deserve a 10/10.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I wish game spot had a face so I could slap it!
Good god! 7.5. That is absolutely outrageous! That brought the metacritic average down to 94!
It's all because it does what zelda does, being Zelda! That is a really unfair review, and is not judging the game on its own but against other zelda's and comparing it to them.
They game SMG2 100 when it is almost exactly the same game as the first! If this is doing the same as other zeldas such as OOT which they gave 100 to also, why does this game not get a high score?
Fortunately famitsu's 100 score has not yet been added to metacritic so the score can still go up. But seriously 7.5!?

Last edited:

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I haven't beaten it yet, but I'm very far in and would give the game a 10. It's a remarkable game. 7.5 seems a bit low to me.

I never listen to any reviews and I don't care about the scores reviewers give to games. That doesn't tell me it is going to be good I just have to play it to find out if it is good or not. What I think is that it is one person's opinion and I am not going to be let down about the score or the person said something bad about the game. I am going to ignore this score and other scores and reviews.

There is something bad in every game no matter how hard the developers try there is something that will be annoying in games. But I typically ignore the bad and focus on the good.

I don't care about reviews and the scores that are given to games. This and other scores given to this game won't bother me since, to me, it doesn't tell how good the game is. It could receive award after award but I will have to play it to see if it is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
i, for one, am very down abut it. i care a lot abut reviews, in SS has been nothing but a disappointment in that filed

i, for one, am very down abut it. i care a lot abut reviews, in SS has been nothing but a disappointment in that filed

Are you kidding me?! ... there's been what? a total of like 5 scores that were below a 9 while there have been like 20 that gave it a perfect? and the rest have been, while not perfect, pretty damn close... Where is this logic coming from that Skyward Sword has been disappointing in reviews? To top it all off the so called "negatives" have been rather nitpicky in that the recent idiot from Gamespot just waggled the wiimote so much that it decalibrated it often. Had he played right and moved with control he probably wouldn't have had as many control problems. That and people complain about no voice acting or HD graphics while these are clearly no reason to base a game score on... The biggest pet peeve of mine is complaining that a game is too much like it's franchise... HELLO!! that's the point that it's like its franchise. If I wanted to play a Zelda game that was more like Skyrim... I'd go and buy Skyrim, but I don't want that, I want the Zelda I've grown up with and love. If you change the formula and change the game so it's not the same, then it's not Zelda but an entirely different game with similar characters.

Point of the matter... the reviews have actually been really great bar a few idiots with ridiculously nit picky negatives.

Djinn

and Tonic
So it looks like their little plan worked out well enough. Their rating got all of you guys interested in them specifically and I'm sure everyone here visited the site a few times in the last 24 hours. Giving them a lot of nice traffic in the process, even if it was in anger or for the sake of messaging them about their decision. How many people actually visited the sites of everyone else that reviewed the game? Probably not many at all, it was okay enough to see the review posted elsewhere and then move on. The review seems to be a mix of two things, they hate the Wii period. Anything that appears on it they will not like since it is what they consider an inferior system and a game that does not live up to the potential of more modern games. And they are at least a little bit trolling, for special generated traffic. And in that sense they are succeeding very well. Stir up the emotions of the fans and then wait for something to happen.

The review seems to be a mix of two things, they hate the Wii period. Anything that appears on it they will not like since it is what they consider an inferior system and a game that does not live up to the potential of more modern games.

Well Gamespot gave Super Mario Galaxy 2 a perfect score of 10, so that disproves your claim that they have a bias against Nintendo.

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
I haven't read too much of the review and only watched the beginning of the video, but it would seem that the reviewer went into the game expecting to hate it. Whenever someone tries something with that kind of attitude, the negatives are going to stand out much more. That being said, it sounds like the reviewer had problems with his Wii remote. When so many other reviewers have given nothing but praise for the controls, chances are there was a hardware problem that was not related to the game. If this was the case, I'm disappointed that the reviewer doesn't seem to consider the possibility at all.

This guy also doesn't seem to be a big fan of Zelda in general. While reviews should objective, if someone dislikes a series formula, they won't give a great review of the game, no matter what the popular opinion is. Obviously he had problems with other games in the series, but he doesn't seem to elaborate what he dislikes. On top of that, like everyone else, I also think this might also have been an attempt to get more traffic to the site.

So, if you combine those problems, it's not too surprising that SS received a low score. One poor score doesn't mean a bad game. Just look at the big picture. For the most part, the game has received much more praise than criticism. I would think that means SS will be a worthwhile experience. It doesn't need to be declared 'The Best Game Ever!' to be a great game. In the end, it just needs to be fun and all that matters is your own opinion. Don't let a bad review affect your experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom