• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games You Have Spent the Most Hours Playing

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm not sure one specifics but I feel it's quite unfair to have games that are solely based around single player with multiplayer based games, so I'll just split them up.

Single Player

GTA: San Andreas
My favourite game of all time so no surprise it's up here. This game just has so much depth, things to do and exploration, a prime example of a how a sandbox world can be used to great effect. The sheer size of the world led to larger exploration and more prolonged navigation -- that really added to the time spent, but there were two main factors; story missions and casual enjoyment. On the one hand, you had this wide array of vast and expansive missions that varied on skill level and were just plain great. I think my time spent mainly comes from the fact that there were around 100+ missions in total and doing missions alone would lead to around 30-40 hours game time.

Then you have the causal GTA experience -- I won't get into what antics people usually get up to, but it was extremely fun and one could skip the missions entirely and engage in a 100+ hour gaming experience. On top of that you have, side quests, miscellaneous quests, level systems, transport schools (car/bike/plane/boat etc.), racing missions, random encounters, mass collectible quests, two player and of course cheats. I've replayed this game three times ever since I bought it back in 2004 and probably have around 250 hours, maybe more but I honestly don't know.

Pokemon Sapphire
I don't really have to explain much here, it's a Pokemon game at the end of the day, they are known for there extremely addictive gameplay and collection aspects. So pretty much this game has an awesome main quest/objective, whatever people call it. Add this with trying to train, level up and catch all sorts of the many Pokemon and you have a big experience. Pokemon Sapphire is definitely my favourite, and truthfully, the only game in the series that I really got into.

Fallout 3/New Vegas
I'll pair these two together, just because they merit similar qualities. Here you have two RPGs on a massive post apocalyptic scale. The size of the world is massive, more so in New Vegas, but that size really does equate to time. I think the reason why I played these games so much was the fact that there was just so much to do combined with freedom. I could play my own way, explore what I wanted etc. All this sense of "freedom" gave me more of a warrant to explore and of course I did.

Both of these games have a pretty lengthy main quest but that's just the start, if one plays single player quests only, then they're only scratching the surface of the game. Fallout is all about exploration, finding new locations, new quests, new guns, caps -- complemented by a top draw currency system -- the game was just screaming for you to explores. Even if one completed all the main quests, side quests, miscellaneous quests, collected all items and reached a maximum level, there were still places to go and see and generally, just have fun. The Fallout games are notorious for random occurrences and whatnot, so all that was just a bonus. Then you have DLC, and probably some of the best I've ever seen added on to a game before. Not sure about specific hours, but around the 200 hour mark maybe.

Multiplayer

Call of Duty: World at War
What's this? A Zelda fan who likes Call of Duty!? I know I know, there are probably multiple people on this forum alone who are fond of this series, and believe it or not, it's not as bad as it seems. In fact, I think the hate is rather naive and misconstrued. Here you have a very polished game with great game play, great controls and an addictive multiplayer to top it off. Of course my main game hours came from online. I was around 14 at the time, if I recall and I was heavily anticipating this game, as were the vast majority of my friends. So on the one hand, I loved the social aspect with friends, but I loved the sheer addictiveness that competitive brought.

Why World at War specifically? Well people mainly see this as an odd game in the franchise, what with it revisiting WWII, but this just added to the charm in my opinion. It had a stimulating story, an amazing multiplayer, that was pretty well balanced and filled with great maps. If it's one thing that makes a great online shooter, it's the map design for me. I really did love this game, but were I enjoyed most was the Co-op section, more so the "Zombies" game mode. A great strategic survival style game mode that was heavily addictive. Add this with the three extra dlc maps and I spent hours and hours on Zombies. Online, including all my PS3 accounts, I clocked up around 10-12 days playing time (250 hours), which doesn't sound nearly as much as I remember. Combine this with the other modes and I probably have around spent 300 hours on this game.

Fifa (insert number here)
I'm a big sports fan and a big football (soccer) fan, so this game is pretty much a standard game for guys like me. I've owned every installment since the 1998 edition, so around 15 games, each on an annual basis. I can't really pin point time spent, even more so on a specific game, as I've probably spent an equal amount of time on most.

The game time comes from a number of different aspects within the game, for one it's just a great game for any football fan, if you're a fan of sorts then you can spend hours just playing causally. Want a better experience? Then you can go into the tournament, or my favourite, the career mode. In the more recent installments, you have online modes which have improved sown the years to offer an array of different cooperative and competitive modes. I find it hard just picking what mode to play sometimes, all are equally fun and addictive. It's also a great game to enjoy with friends and this is one of the only games that I still play, as my interest in gaming has slowly diminished in the last year or so.

GTAIV
I can criticise this game a lot, mainly for its comparison with its main predecessor, San Andreas, but I still adore this game, in fact, it's in my top ten, so I definitely rate this game high. However, a lot for people may be thinking why I put a story focused game in my multiplayer sections, well I have a few reasons. For one, I did love the story and it is a length one, but I easily completed this in around 20-25 hours. Plus unlike San Andreas, there wasn't a whole lot of do and explore outside the main missions.

This game came to life in the multiplayer modes. Now I'll admit, it did feel a little like these were kind of thrown in, but that just goes to show how much online works in a game such as GTA. I think anyone who had played the others had wanted to enjoy this with others and have gun fights etc. Well here you have it in this game. Most of my time was spent in the free mode, where I would mess around with friends, do random stuff, have gun wars, car chases, helicopter fights etc. I rarely played the competitive modes, but they were also fun just not on the same level. All of this was added on with the two dlc packs, which prolonged the initial experience a great deal, especially The Ballad of Gay Tony add on, where I spent most of my time.

Last edited:

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Team Fortress 2: Haven't played it in awhile but over 300 hours on that.

Xenoblade Chronicles: Over 120 hours and still going strong.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Etrian Odyssey IV (Demo)
Pokemon Series
Pokemon Puzzle League Challenge
GBC Zelda games
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
Sonic Colours
Sonic and Knuckles

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
super smash bros brawl
for around 4 years when i first got it,i played it on a daily basis & for plenty of hours
i might say i have over 1000 hours put into it,and i still play pretty frequently today

2nd place would go to the grand theft auto games
from 3 all the way to 4,a lot of my childhood went into these games,especially vice city & san andreas

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
PT's post reminded me of the over 358 hours I spent playing Smash Bros Melee with my brothers and cousins. Man. We'd play through the day and night. And this was just six years ago. Q_Q
What attracted us wasn't how much funt he items were, or even testing out new characters. It was all about getting better and having fun with the basic mechanics of the favorite character. Mine naturally was Young Link. <3

Spent soooo much time playing Fallout 3 and Skyrim I can't even...

And since this is a Zelda forum, I'm hoping it's just assumed I play my favorites over and over (MM, OoT, TP, ALttP). I liked Skyward Sword...but the game's pretty tedious on just one playthrough...

I also replay the Galaxy games a lot because I like the level design so much.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
Well, going off Steam, although is a bit skewered since my boyfriend sometimes uses it but not always; if we look at single-player only first, my most played game right now is Skyrim, with 400 hours on it. Second is Dragon Age: Origins, with 250 hours, and then it's XCOM with 120 hours. Good, respectable games. Skyrim and DA are #1 and #2 simply because of mods, they increase the longevity of games by just so much. I'm still playing about with Skyrim even now, everytime a cool new mod comes out that I just have to try, like Falkjaar (however it's spelt) which was basically a brand-new DLC campaign and was really fun.

Multiplayer-wise, topping the charts is Counter-Strike: Source with 2000 hours, and then Battlefield 2 with 800 hours (probably more because I didn't add it to Steam for a little while, had it boxed), and Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 are both in the 400 hours each. Yet more fun games, CS: S has just so much variety thanks to, again, mods, and so it's no surprise that's so high-up. Garry's Mod is chugging along with 300 hours, thanks to Trouble in Terrorist town and more awesome, funny mods. Chimera Hunt is another game-mode I adore on that game.

I have never played G Mod and if I do I will never play Chimera Hunt for the reason that I will want to strangle everyone for not knowing what MOTHER 3 is.

Anyway, I have played SSBB a lot. I downloaded a demo of 2 Fast 4 Gnomes, and if I ever buy the full version it would probably eat my time up. Oh yeah, and Minecraft. I probably would never stop if it wasn't for the fact that my computer overheats. I also played Black & White a lot when I was maybe 4 or 5, and I probably would of played that to much if I didn't have 3 older siblings.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the highest, no doubt. Without looking into stats, I can say that in the more recent years, I've played plenty of Ocarina of Time (and OoT 3D), Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, as well as Mario Kart DS, Wii & 7. I used to play Crash Team Racing and Wrath of Cortex enough to clock notable hours, and I was addicted to Viva Pinata and its sequel for some time.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I think my most played game is Guitar Hero.

Other than that, I'd probably say Pokémon Emerald. I literally play that game every night for approximately 30-60 minutes, before I fall asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom