• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games You Have Spent the Most Hours Playing

Tetris (Gameboy) - It came with the system, but I played the crap out of this game because it is a brilliant and addictive game.

Super Mario Bros. - Not much to say about this. Pure classic and countless hours logged.

Final Fantasy III (SNES) - My personal favorite all-time video game. I have probably gone through it at least 6-8 times.

Guitar Hero 3 - I am a little embarrassed to admit how many hours I have logged on this game.

Skyrim - I have only gone through it once, but once is enough to put this game on my list.

Honorable mention: OoT, MW3, SMB3.

DarkLink17

Well then
I have spent a TON of hours on tf2, the most addicting online shooter in my opinion. It was pretty easy to see, since Steam logs your gametime for you.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Twilight Princess - I've played it over enough to add up over 300 hours. #TPfangirl4lyfe

Okami - Between all of my save files, I've got over 200 hours.

The Wind Waker - I've owned it for over ten years. There probably hasn't been a year that's passed that I haven't played it.

Spyro: A Hero's Tail - I used to play this all the time when I was little, but I was terrible at it so I'd just keep replaying the beginning over and over. I still played it long enough to occupy most of my time.

Madden NFL '09 - I played this when it first came out because I had a huge obsession with football at the time. I still remember all of the teams' rosters from back then and it surprises me how much they've changed.

Tak and the Power of Juju - Another game I played a lot when I was younger but was really bad at. Whenever I couldn't pass a certain part of the game, I'd drop it for months and then restart it from the beginning. From all that restarting as well as my eventual completion of the game, I must have racked up a good amount of play time.

Avatar: The Last Airbender video game - I owned this for both Gamecube and DS, and I love Avatar a hell of a lot.

Oracle of Ages - I picked this up at a garage sale for $1 when I was like eight and it was one of the only good Gameboy games I owned at the time, so I played it for hours when I was away from home and couldn't play with my Gamecube.

Honorable mentions: The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning; Banjo Kazooie (the racing one for Gameboy); MLB 2K11

This is a really long list; probably because I'm more inclined to play over old games than start new ones, oops.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
In Star Wars: The Old Republic I have close to 90 days played of in game time across all my 5 characters. World of Warcraft; 56 days on my only character. CoD multiplayer I also have a lot of time spent playing, but it's a little more tricky, I don't have more than 15 days played on each game, but if I add CoD4, MW2, MW3, BO, BO2 and WaW all together I get something like 60+ days..

I think if I were to add all the other games I have ever played in my life, just add all the hours & days spent playing together then I'd probably get close to or even more than a years worth of time invested in gaming, that's 1/17th of my entire life! ._____. :D

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Guild Wars - I have had several characters and I spent over 1000 hours. Is that natural for an MMORPG, I don't know. But I got my money's worth out of all the expansions.

Final Fantasy XII - Over 600 hours played. I speedran this game, tried a mock Perfecter, grinded for the Zodiac Spear... man so many hours lost. I love this game.

Star Ocean Till the End of Time - Over 600 hours played. Beaten on all difficulties bar Earth (because Earth is useless). I played this over the cours eof a year to get Full Active Mode, and damn is FAM worth it.

Zelda Ocarina of Time - OoT, 'Nuf said.

Call of Duty series - My brother and I spent a lot of time grinding for prestige. Let's say it's close to 700 hours.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - I've played that game dozens of times over the past 10 years.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - I used to play this game from dusk to dusk... I literally had no life last summer. :P

Minecraft 360 version - So... much... building.

Guitar Hero 3 - I used to like this game a lot for some reason.

Harvest Moon 64 and Harvest Mooon: A Wonderful Life - So much farming o.o I tried to get married in both games and didn't both times. #foreveralone.

Pokemon Ruby - I no-lifed that game. I even played it in school.

Sims - I used to play that game too much

Animal Crossing (Gamecube) - Ditto @Sims

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Guild Wars - I have had several characters and I spent over 1000 hours. Is that natural for an MMORPG, I don't know. But I got my money's worth out of all the expansions.

MMO's are in general known for having an addictive community, so average playtime/year is really high, your playtime is completely normal! ;)

Big Octo

=^)
Ocarina of Time: I always find myself replaying this game every year, even though it's not me favorite, nor is it my second favorite. Even so, I enjoy playing it.

The Wind Waker: It is my favorite Zelda game, so I often find myself replaying this game and going for the 100%. Always a fun time.

Twlilight Princess: I have one file with over 100 hours of playtime. This is due to me challenging myself to complete it 100% without a guide as well as aimlessly wandering Hyrule Fields and slaying enemies.

Super Smash Brothers Series: What else have I to say? It's easy for me and my friends to get absorbed in the games for hours, leading to a very long collective playtime on my save files.

Bethesda RPGs: From the plains of Cyrodil to the deserts of the Mojave Wasteland, and I've been there, and I've been there for a long time. It's easy to pick up a TES game or Fallout game and completely lose track of time.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, going off Steam, although is a bit skewered since my boyfriend sometimes uses it but not always; if we look at single-player only first, my most played game right now is Skyrim, with 400 hours on it. Second is Dragon Age: Origins, with 250 hours, and then it's XCOM with 120 hours. Good, respectable games. Skyrim and DA are #1 and #2 simply because of mods, they increase the longevity of games by just so much. I'm still playing about with Skyrim even now, everytime a cool new mod comes out that I just have to try, like Falkjaar (however it's spelt) which was basically a brand-new DLC campaign and was really fun.

Multiplayer-wise, topping the charts is Counter-Strike: Source with 2000 hours, and then Battlefield 2 with 800 hours (probably more because I didn't add it to Steam for a little while, had it boxed), and Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 are both in the 400 hours each. Yet more fun games, CS: S has just so much variety thanks to, again, mods, and so it's no surprise that's so high-up. Garry's Mod is chugging along with 300 hours, thanks to Trouble in Terrorist town and more awesome, funny mods. Chimera Hunt is another game-mode I adore on that game.

[
Harvest Moon 64 and Harvest Mooon: A Wonderful Life - So much farming o.o I tried to get married in both games and didn't both times. #foreveralone.
Really?? I thought you were forced to get married in AWL! Maybe I'm thinking of a different one.

I spent a lot of time playing:

The Sims series: Yeah, I don't know how much time I spent with these games. Other than a lot.

Animal Crossing series (GC and 3DS): I haven't played this as much as the Sims, but I still play these games an awful lot.

Tales of Symphonia: I think I clocked in about 300 hours into this game total. I hate those dungeons, yet I keep coming back and playing it. XD

Dragon Quest III: I love the class system. I love making these awesome sages that can basically do everything.

Dragon Quest VIII: Goodbye 100 hours of my life.

And there's probably more, but I can't think of them right now. :P

Last edited:

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I wouldn't be able to give an exact figure but my time on The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind would easily clock into the thousands. I would hazard an estimate at 2000 but I would not be at all surprised to find that it was more. No game for me even comes close; I think my next highest would be The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion which would probably be somewhere around 800-900 hours total with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim standing at about 500-600 maybe.

After that I guess would be Pokémon games. I know my Soul Silver file got to 356 hours and I probably put in around twice that amount on the original Silver. Blue would be next with maybe around the 300 mark but it's been far too long so I wouldn't know for sure.

I can't be certain of how many hours but when I think back on how often I used to play Resident Evil 3: Nemesis I've probably built up about 200-300 on that. I eventually got to the point when I could whizz through it quite quick so I guess I never really noticed the time I spent on it, but I did play it regularly for about six years and still go on it every now and then today.

Any other large numbers would come from franchises as a whole rather than individual games and they would be the likes of Mario Kart, Oddworld, Hitman, and Halo.

Salem

SICK
Mario kart series in general
Mario party series
Animal crossing games
any game I replay a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom