• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game with the best items

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Which Zelda game had the best items? Do you consider "best items" to be the most interesting, or most useful?

I've been playing Wind Waker a lot which is why I began thinking about these questions, since the items in that game seem to be the most fun and unique in that game.

Although I'm not a huge SS fan, I think the items in that game are pretty cool too.

So what do you think?

Hmm, this is actually a difficult question...

I know it seems like the easy go-to answer but I still say Majora's Mask. I love the 1st gen iterations of 2D-into-3D items like the bow and hookshot featured in Ocarina of Time, which Majora has as well. But then you get the transformation masks which are hugely enjoyable to use (non-3D versions anyway), plus more bottles and lots of other fun masks like the ever-useful bunny hood to what I like to call the "Looks Good While Riding Epona" class of masks like Bremen's Mask and the Garo Mask.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'll argue for Twilight Princess. We get two game-exclusive items in that one: the ball and chain and the spinner, both of which are super fun. Plus, we get the water bombs and stuff, which are useful, as well as two claw shots. I would say that Skywayrd Sword is a close second though, what with the Beetle and the like.

I'll argue for Twilight Princess. We get two game-exclusive items in that one: the ball and chain and the spinner, both of which are super fun. Plus, we get the water bombs and stuff, which are useful, as well as two claw shots. I would say that Skywayrd Sword is a close second though, what with the Beetle and the like.
Personally I absolutely hate the double clawshot. It feels like a total copout, and hiding items behind clawshot use always rankled me to begin with. But hey, to each their own.

Oh, though the case could be made for the awesomely suped up magic rods in A Link Between Worlds... especially the Fire Rod. I like when bees chase it.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Hmm... Triforce of the Gods has all the items.

But then Majora's Mask got all them masks... man this is hard :/

I see best as both useful and interesting... but i'd lean more towards interesting than useful, i want to use items i've never used before.

Twilight Princess had this down for me, the spinner was both a weapon and mode of transport, the double clawshots were a brilliant evolution of the hookshot, the hawkeye (which i didnt use) was cool to have, bomb arrows too.

So TP wins for me but WW's double usage items like the grappling hook and deku leaf are a close second.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Which Zelda game had the best items? Do you consider "best items" to be the most interesting, or most useful?

I've been playing Wind Waker a lot which is why I began thinking about these questions, since the items in that game seem to be the most fun and unique in that game.

Although I'm not a huge SS fan, I think the items in that game are pretty cool too.

So what do you think?

Probably Majoras Mask for me. It had a lot of OOT's regular items but also had a wide selection of useful masks as well, especially the transformation ones.

This is easy. Zelda ALTTP. The first Zelda game with a great assortment of items.
Here is what you can do in Zelda 3.

Want to be a shovel knight? Well you can. Link is the knight and he can get a shovel.
Want to warp all over the world? Well you can with the flute.
Want to be stronger than Dwayne Johnson and lift heavy rocks? Well you can with the power glove and titan's mit.
Want to shoot ice and fire? Well you can with the ice rod and fire rod.
Want to use bees to attack the enemy? Well you can with the bug catching net and a bottle.
Want to read a book? Well there is the book of Mudora
Want to swim in deep water? There is flippers.
Want to cook? Well you can't but someone can cook for you if you find them a mushroom ingredient

And so on and so on. So many options to do so many cool things. Most of which all for the first time in a Zelda game.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
At first thought, it's Twilight Princess, but then you realize that a lot of the items in that game have limited use. Like the spinner. Easily the single coolest item in any Zelda game, but you never use it! You use it in the dungeon you get it, and once in the overworld. Huge missed opportunity there.

So it has to go to A Link to the Past. That game had a ton of items, and some of them were even optional. But how satisfying was it to discover some of the enemies were weak to those optional items? It was the first introduction to the hookshot as well! How can it not be the best!?

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Not necessarily the best game but for me the best item is are the magnetic gloves from Oracle of Seasons I found those to be great fun (not so much in FSA)

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
TP has some pretty sick items like the ball and chain and the spinner. But so does SS because of the beetle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom