• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread [GAME THREAD] JOAT (Jack of All Trades) Mafia - ENDGAME - MAFIA WINS

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Obviously I’ll use the other shot tonight.

Woah woah woah. Hold up. What do you mean? We can very easily lose the game today. Today. Why dont we stay focused and get serious about our situation instead of worrying about what shots we wanna use tonight.

Mint Elv

Fish!
If OG is mafia they probably have conditions that need to be met before they just increase their vote. Otherwise they would just run the gauntlet every day and wouldn't need to sacrifice anybody.

It's convenient how you are taking your own ability with a grain of salt at this point. Nothing else about it is convenient. Nobody else should have a reason to take any of it into account when factoring in who they think is scum since your claim cannot be verified.
I’ve been on the mafia end of spy vs mafia that at this point, yes I’m paranoid of my own results, though part of it is how you are trying to twist them.
Woah woah woah. Hold up. What do you mean? We can very easily lose the game today. Today. Why dont we stay focused and get serious about our situation instead of worrying about what shots we wanna use tonight.
I am serious. Very serious. Is that really what your concern is about? What are your thoughts on what everyone is saying?

I’ve been on the mafia end of spy vs mafia that at this point, yes I’m paranoid of my own results, though part of it is how you are trying to twist them.

I am serious. Very serious. Is that really what your concern is about? What are your thoughts on what everyone is saying?
I'm not twisting anything, just providing what could be a very real situation. Do you disagree that what I've presented is a possibility? If it helps think of what I've presented as about a third party rather than yourself. Do you really feel like I've laid out an impossible scenario? If so, why? If you think it's impossible but unlikely what reasons other than personal perspective do you have to feel like it's unlikely that somebody would craft such a claim in a LyLo situation?

Also this CWAC from OG is probably why I don't see worlds where they aren't the second scum slot.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Also this CWAC from OG is probably why I don't see worlds where they aren't the second scum slot.
CWAC?
OMGUS?
My concern? Heck yeah, that is my concern. We have about a day and a half before our destiny is sealed.

I am suspicious of all of you guys. I still dont know my decision if we were to vote right now.

CWAC = contributing without actually contributing. Basically it means your posts are all fluff with no bones to them but you want to seem like you're in the thick of it.

OMGUS = Oh my gawd, you suck. Which is basically a "no, you..." type of argument made only because the omgus'ee pointed a finger in the omgus'ers direction first. Can be valid points but when it's done in direct retaliation it loses a lot of its luster.

Questions for you, who are you most suspicious of and why? Who are you least suspicious of and why is it Rubik?

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Questions for you, who are you most suspicious of and why? Who are you least suspicious of and why is it Rubik?
I dont think that it would be DW, Rubrik, Jamie as Mafia. DW and Rubrik had the report "Mix-up" and said that Jamie was Mafia. Turns out he was. Pretty credible to me. Unless.....they sacrificed him to "confirm'' their "Towniness". Still not one hundred percent sure about them.

Or it could be you and Mint. I dont see any another possible groups of Mafia. Definitely dont trust you guys either.

I am just really waiting for the Mafia to slip up, then I will use my ability. Almost everyone that I thought was Mafia has died. I am just too unsure about stuff right now.

Mint Elv

Fish!
I'm not twisting anything, just providing what could be a very real situation. Do you disagree that what I've presented is a possibility? If it helps think of what I've presented as about a third party rather than yourself. Do you really feel like I've laid out an impossible scenario? If so, why? If you think it's impossible but unlikely what reasons other than personal perspective do you have to feel like it's unlikely that somebody would craft such a claim in a LyLo situation?

Why would I say yes to anything that implicates me?

I can agree OG is a weird slot. He had had heat, it died down and now in the final moments I’m not sure. Why wouldn’t his mafia buddy push to control the vote? Granted like you said admittedly he could require special conditions to use a multi vote.

I dont think that it would be DW, Rubrik, Jamie as Mafia. DW and Rubrik had the report "Mix-up" and said that Jamie was Mafia. Turns out he was. Pretty credible to me. Unless.....they sacrificed him to "confirm'' their "Towniness". Still not one hundred percent sure about them.

Or it could be you and Mint. I dont see any another possible groups of Mafia. Definitely dont trust you guys either.

I am just really waiting for the Mafia to slip up, then I will use my ability. Almost everyone that I thought was Mafia has died. I am just too unsure about stuff right now.
So you're just waiting for somebody to vote so you can pile on them with extra votes?

Why would I say yes to anything that implicates me?

I can agree OG is a weird slot. He had had heat, it died down and now in the final moments I’m not sure. Why wouldn’t his mafia buddy push to control the vote? Granted like you said admittedly he could require special conditions to use a multi vote.
Probably because it doesn't implicate you at all. It's just a scenario. It's not proven so admitting it's possible isn't admitting it's correct. But acting like it's not possible and launching into OMGUS in response is going to make you look far worse if you are town.

His heat didn't really die down, it was overshadowed by Jamie's red check. Had that not happened we likely would have seen OG go for another controlled Lynch since they were the front runner before that happened.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
So you're just waiting for somebody to vote so you can pile on them with extra votes?
Um no, read my post. If you didnt understand it the first or second time, do it again. Repeat if necessary.

Literally putting words in my mouth. Literally. I am starting to feel some friction.

Um no, read my post. If you didnt understand it the first or second time, do it again. Repeat if necessary.

Literally putting words in my mouth. Literally. I am starting to feel some friction.
Literally asking you to clarify. If you won't then I have no choice but to put words in your mouth for you.

You didn't say that you were trying to clarify. Communication with a key.
I asked if that was what you are doing. As noted by the use of a question mark. That is a completely valid method of seeking clarification used the world over. A reasonable response if that wasn't what you were doing would be to say "no, I'm combing through previous days to review Jamie's interactions to see if there's something there" or some such thing. But that's not the route you wanted to go. Now, I suspect that paragraph was just Pointless Posturing™; more CWAC to make it seem like you're doing something, but I asked anyways to keep you engaging with the thread so as to flesh out the situation. Since you couldn't or wouldn't, I'm going to conclude that my initial assessment was right. You can choose to correct me if I'm wrong but I can't make you elaborate on the situation, and that's why I don't have a choice, because the choice is in your hands. Not mine.

Votecount 1.1.
Rubik (1) - Ragnarokio
Minish
(1) - JamieIsBored
HangryHangryHippo (1) - Minish
DawningWinds (1) - Storm

Not voting (9) - DawningWinds, beryllium, mastermind lissi, Mint Elv, Princess Abigail, OGSniper, DuskyBlue, HangryHangryHippo, Rubik

Votecount 1.2.
Rubik (1) - Ragnarokio
Minish
(1) - JamieIsBored
HangryHangryHippo (1) - Minish
Jamieisbored (1) - Mint Elv
ExLight (1) - Storm

Not voting (8) - DawningWinds, beryllium, mastermind lissi, Princess Abigail, OGSniper, DuskyBlue, HangryHangryHippo, Rubik

Votecount 1.3.
HangryHangryHippo (2) - Minish, Mint Elv
ExLight (2) - Storm, Princess Abigail
Rubik (1) - Ragnarokio
Minish
(1) - JamieIsBored
Mint Elv (1) - Rubik
Jamie (1) - HangryHangryHippo

Not voting (5) - DawningWinds, beryllium, mastermind lissi, OGSniper, DuskyBlue

Votecount 1.4.
Mint Elv (1) - Rubik
OGSniper (1) - Ragnarokio

Not voting (6) - DawningWinds, beryllium, mastermind lissi, OGSniper, DuskyBlue, JamieIsBored

Votecount 1.5.
Mint Elv (1) - Rubik

Not voting (6) - DawningWinds, beryllium, mastermind lissi, OGSniper, DuskyBlue, JamieIsBored

Votecount 1.6.
Mint Elv (1) - Rubik
mastermind lissi (1) - Jamieisbored

Votecount 1.7.
HangryHangryHippo (3) - Minish, Mint Elv, Storm
mastermind lissi (2) - Jamieisbored, Rubik
ExLight (1) - Princess Abigail

Votecount 1.8.
mastermind lissi (3) - Jamieisbored, Rubik, HangryHangryHippo
HangryHangryHippo
(3) - Minish, Mint Elv, Storm

Final D1 Votecount
HangryHangryHippo (3) - Minish, Mint Elv, Storm
mastermind lissi (2) - Jamieisbored, Rubik, HangryHangryHippo

**Keep in mind that in the above counts and the below discussion for this day, I am lissi, not Hippo**

Some things that pop out here are that Mint and Rubik are the only active players Day 1 that haven't flipped yet. That's more just an amusing note rather than something I would try to draw much meaning out of. The wagons look good for yours truly. Hippo's wagon was started and ended by town, making it not likely to be the mafia drive. The tied wagon on me was started by Jamie with slight prompting by Rubik. With such small wagons and likely support from Rubik it's questionable that Jamie would start a wagon on a partner just hours before deadline.

Votecount 2.1.
Rubik (1) - Storm

Not voting (8) - Jamieisbored, DawningWinds, HangryHangryHippo 2.0, Mint Elv, OGSniper, DuskyBlue, Morbid Minish, Rubik

Votecount 2.2.
Rubik (1) - Storm

Not voting (7) - Jamieisbored, DawningWinds, HangryHangryHippo 2.0, OGSniper, DuskyBlue, Morbid Minish, Rubik

Votecount 2.3.
OGSniper (2) - Ragnarokio, Storm
DuskyBlue (1) - Rubik
Storm (1) - OGSniper

Not voting (5) - Jamieisbored, DawningWinds, HangryHangryHippo 2.0, DuskyBlue, Morbid Minish

Votecount 2.4.
OGSniper (2) - Ragnarokio, Storm
Jamieisbored (2) - Mint Elv, DawningWinds
DuskyBlue (1) - Rubik

Not voting (5) - Jamieisbored, HangryHangryHippo 2.0, OGSniper, DuskyBlue, Morbid Minish

Votecount 2.5.
DuskyBlue (5) - OGSniper, Rubik
OGSniper (3) - Ragnarokio, Storm, Jamieisbored
Jamieisbored
(2) - Mint Elv, DawningWinds

Not voting (3) - HangryHangryHippo 2.0, DuskyBlue, Morbid Minish

Votecount 2.6.
OGSniper (4) - Ragnarokio, Storm, Jamieisbored, HangryHangryHippo 2.0
Jamieisbored (2) - Mint Elv, DawningWinds

Not voting (2) - DuskyBlue, Morbid Minish

Votecount 2.7.
OGSniper (5) - Ragnarokio, Storm, Jamieisbored, HangryHangryHippo 2.0, Mint Elv
Jamieisbored (1) - DawningWinds

Final D2 Votecount
OGSniper (4) - Ragnarokio, Storm, Jamieisbored, HangryHangryHippo 2.0, Mint Elv
Jamieisbored (1) - DawningWinds

Much more active day with the only two not throwing votes being known town now. D2 looks good on Mint and DW, with both leading the charge on Jamie most of the day. Mint switched to OG towards end of day which could have seen town Dusky saved, although it was in the final ten minutes so I probably wouldn't weigh that into the mix myself. The emphasis there is definitely the Jamie push. Jamie was on the OG wagon, however, the vote was self described self pres and OG had already stated they would use their ability in thread, so if they are aligned Jamie would probably know it's safe to self pres on a partner in that moment.

Votecount 3.1.
OGSniper (2) - Ragnarokio, Jamieisbored
Jamieisbored
(1) - DawningWinds

Not voting (5) - HangryHangryHippo 2.0, Mint Elv, OGSniper, Morbid Minish, Rubik

Votecount 3.2.
OGSniper (3) - Ragnarokio, Jamieisbored, OGSniper
Jamieisbored (2) - DawningWinds, Morbid Minish

Not voting (3) - HangryHangryHippo 2.0, Mint Elv, Rubik

Votecount 3.3.
Jamieisbored (2) - DawningWinds, Ragnarokio

Not voting (6) - HangryHangryHippo 2.0, Rubik, OGSniper, Morbid Minish, Jamieisbored, Mint Elv

Votecount 3.4.
Jamieisbored (5) - DawningWinds, Ragnarokio, Mint Elv, Morbid Minish, Rubik
OGSniper (1) - Jamieisbored
Morbid Minish (1) - HangryHangryHippo 2.0

Not voting (1) - OGSniper

**The Final Count and 3.4 were posted back to back as 3.4 ended up being a hammer with no changes so I didn't include the final**

There isn't much to glean from yesterday as votes weren't wilding and only three slots were known. The only vote that was thrown before Rubik red checked Jamie was Rag's on OG. Jamie pushed on OG again, but not until after he was red checked. OG, myself, and Jamie are the only players not to wagon Jamie, which doesn't really look good on us, except Jamie because wagoning yourself looks worse than not no matter your alignment. To be fair to OG though, not everybody can be on a hammered wagon.

Overall my take away from this exercise is that I'm more deeply rooted in the notion that Rubik and OG are probably remaining mafs, tunnely so. What detracts from this is Rubik red checking Jamie and Jamie's interactions with the OG wagons, but what supports this is how doggedly both Mint and DW were on Jamie before Jamie being red checked. Rubik has also been exceedingly protective of OG all game.

So that's a thing. Have fun with it.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
I asked if that was what you are doing. As noted by the use of a question mark. That is a completely valid method of seeking clarification used the world over. A reasonable response if that wasn't what you were doing would be to say "no, I'm combing through previous days to review Jamie's interactions to see if there's something there" or some such thing. But that's not the route you wanted to go. Now, I suspect that paragraph was just Pointless Posturing™; more CWAC to make it seem like you're doing something, but I asked anyways to keep you engaging with the thread so as to flesh out the situation. Since you couldn't or wouldn't, I'm going to conclude that my initial assessment was right. You can choose to correct me if I'm wrong but I can't make you elaborate on the situation, and that's why I don't have a choice, because the choice is in your hands. Not mine.
Okay. I took your question one way while it appears to be that you meant it in another way. That is why I responded with the you didnt clarify part. I took it more as an accusation, like I shoot now and ask questions later.

To answer your original quetsion, No. Someone elses vote choice will not affect mine. I will choose freely who I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom