• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread [GAME THREAD] JOAT (Jack of All Trades) Mafia - ENDGAME - MAFIA WINS

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer

Flavor incoming soon

A tie has happened! The relevant last placed votes will be removed in order to break the tie!

Final D2 Votecount
DuskyBlue (5) - OGSniper, Rubik
OGSniper (4) - Ragnarokio, Storm, Jamieisbored, HangryHangryHippo 2.0, Mint Elv
Jamieisbored (1) - DawningWinds

Not voting (2) - DuskyBlue, Morbid Minish

Duskyblue died!
Welcome Duskyblue!

dd2536y-8f5d353b-21d6-4736-b8f8-b236ddf095de.png

You're Jack Frost!
You're one of the Jacks, so you're Town aligned JOAT!

You start with the following JOAT shots:
> 1x Roleblocker
> 1x Double Roleblocker
> 1x Silencer

You win when all direct threats to Town are removed from the game!

Use your role wisely, good luck, and have fun!
> Roleblocker: During the Night you can target a Player. The targeted Player will be unable to perform any actions that would target another Player.

> Double Roleblocker: During the Night you can target two Players. The targeted Players will be unable to perform any actions that would target another Player.

> Silencer: During the Day, you can target on Player. Can only be used if there are less than 24h remaining in the Day. The affected Player will be unable to post normally. The affected Player cannot post messages that contain any relevant text or audio for the rest if the Day. Their votes will also be done privately for the rest of the Phase.

REMINDER THAT POSTING DURING THE NIGHT WILL LOCK YOUR ACTION. MAKE SURE YOU SUBMIT IT BEFORE POSTING IN THE THREAD.

NIGHT 2 STARTS NOW

Night 2 ends in ~23h50.
If this is not a good time for the updates feel free to request for a shortening or extending the phase so it ends at a more convenient time.

Phase ends on March 3rd, at 9:00:00 PM (GMT-3).
DEADLINE COUNTDOWN

Last edited:

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
This is interesting. Paints OG as mafia, and doesn't give him a newbie pass. Without knowing OG's alignment it is hard to say the motivation of this. I am curious what makes you think this about him though.
Its a personality read, and based on the impression i get of OG as a person rather than anything concrete.

While her single post about OG matches this vote, saying he's her strongest read does not. She has not talked about anyone else outside of calling Storm fatalistic. With her previous OG post this makes sense, but the explanation behind it does not. I could see her as mafia bussing mafia that messed up.
Why doesn't me saying OG is my strongest read not track? If i only talked about them would they not be my strongest read? What about my explanation behind my OG post doesn't make sense? in the scenario where me and OG are mafia, in what way did OG mess up?

3) This makes no sense. If the mechanics are what caused the issue then how does that make BMG players look worse? If it is a mechanics thing then why is it more likely BMG players were the killers?
there was meant to be a linebreak partway through there, and so the final two lines were a summation of my feelings considering all three points. If mechanics caused the kill it does not implicate a BMG player.

It is really suspicious that Rag is separating players by websites in this post. While calling out individual players is one thing, she is instead trying to pin the whole mafia as from one site.

I didn't mean to insinuate that the whole mafia was from one site and such an event is statistically unlikely. What i meant to insinuate was that given the kill, it seemed to increase the likelyhood of bulbagarden players being represented in the decision making process behind the kill. As an example, if the mafia team were jamie, OG, and HHH, and jamie said in their night chat that he thought beryl would make a good kill because he thought that she was a cop then HHH, being a relatively accomodating player, and OG being new might have gone along with the plan. In this case, jamie's association with the soft-heavy meta of BG drove the kill even though the mafia team would have been 2/3 ZD players. Its also true that just because someone is from BG doesn't mean they'll consider softs when picking a kill, whether or not they tend to prefer to play the game that way. Jamie himself has said that he didn't think beryl was softing with her post, and thats feasibly how he actually feels, in which case even if jamie is mafia and decided to kill beryl it wouldn't have been because of softing like i posited. There are also going to be BG players that are more or less likely to engage in that kind of gameplay, although i'm not familiar enough with the players to make a guess about who would be implicated by that kind of kill. I'm sorry if you find the characterization of bulbagarden players offensive, though i don't think its an unreasonable guess that bulbagarden players on average will be more likely to choose a kill based on perceived softs than players from other communities would be on average. Its not necessarily true, but i'm working on limited information and trying to work towards winning the game by making the best guesses i can.

I have yet to see Rag do anything except accuse others. Min as mafia would have no reason to say she got rolecop results unless a townie came out with saying they rolecopped someone. There is just no scum motivation in it.

What does one typically do in mafia aside from accuse others? Defend themselves? I haven't been attacked until now so i haven't had an opportunity. Help solve mechanically? I did a bit of that, although i don't think there's much of that to do yet given the lack of results and their uncertainty. I don't tend to townread players as often as i scumread them (although anyone i'm not scumreading looks better by process of elimination), so i guess that might be what you're looking for in my play? If so, why do you think townreading players is alignment indicitive? I tend to read by looking at player actions and finding situations where i think they would play something differently as town than they would as scum, and adjust my reads based on that. You've seen two examples of this in the form of thinking OG as mafia is more likely to try and make a tricky play than he would as town and feeling like his "mistake" could be a representation of that, and feeling like the kill on beryl being possibly soft-motivated indicates that jamie could be the killer, becaues scum jamie is more likely to kill beryl for softing cop than town jamie would be. I haven't yet seen any player do something that i feel they would do as town but wouldn't do as scum, and i think thats probably rarer than the opposite case, because scum has motivation to play like town but town does not have motivation to play like scum.

As for minish's motive to claim the rolecop results, she gave them herself. She feels that mafia, if given another player's investigative results, would feel pressured to share them for fear of looking suspicious otherwise. Whether minish is town or mafia, her saying this is probably honest, and thus it can be said she has motivation to share the results if she is mafia.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
If this is active Rag I don’t want to see inactive Rag.
i had a pretty bad track record of going completely awol in scum games and either being modkilled or replaced, although i can't recall doing that in a while i still carry the reputation. idk how telling my being active actually is, although its true that i prefer playing as town because i get more engagement out of reading people and attempting to solve the game than i do out of trying to avoid suspicion or manipulate wagons.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Hey, I didn't want to die, so I picked the person with the least amount of activity, DuskyBlue. I will admit that I had no reason to believe that she is Mafia. I killed her so that I wasn't killed. You guys wanna lynch me now, there ain't anything I can do because I can't vote for 2 days now. That is my only passive ability. It is a lot like of Beryl's Showdown shot. I basically have to do the same thing as Showdown but the outcome of the cards determine how many votes I have. I decided to use it. I know this is kinda messed up but someone was going to die and I decided that it wasn't going to be me.

Ragnarokio

universal backup is a popular role on bulbagarden i think (ex's home community), and considering OG originally claimed to only have passive components to their role its not unlikely that those passives allow them to fulfil that function. This seems a much more likely possibility to me than a steal-roles-by-killing type role, although thats still possible. universal backup in this kind of setup is probably not AI, but steal roles by killing would either have to be an indept or a mafia hit modifier considering we only had one kill N1 and if OG were a town vig he would have been lying about having a kit. This results in him looking somewhat worse on average, but probably not by much.

Ragnarokio

i would guess that OG is probably lying about his role, and that probably makes him look worse, although i think a town OG would still find reason to lie about their role in the belief that hiding it would allow them to get more pro-town use out of it.

Ragnarokio

when do you get your extra votes?

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
when do you get your extra votes?
I used my extra votes to kill Dusky. I got them from my ability. What exactly would you like to know. I am extremely sorry. I am like this in real life. I really have to have a dumbed down version of everything in order to understand what one is saying.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I used my extra votes to kill Dusky. I got them from my ability. What exactly would you like to know. I am extremely sorry. I am like this in real life. I really have to have a dumbed down version of everything in order to understand what one is saying.
alright, buddy. what needs to happen for your votey-wotey wffwxt to take place? you killed Dusky Wusky and now you are very sketchy-wetchy.

Ragnarokio

its no issue, you're new to online mafia and so not understanding some things is completely natural, anyone would have trouble.

What do you need to do in order to gain your extra votes? Do they automatically apply to your first vote every day or do you get to choose when you get them? You mentioned you can't vote for two days after using them so i assume you could have chosen not to use them?

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
its no issue, you're new to online mafia and so not understanding some things is completely natural, anyone would have trouble.

What do you need to do in order to gain your extra votes? Do they automatically apply to your first vote every day or do you get to choose when you get them? You mentioned you can't vote for two days after using them so i assume you could have chosen not to use them?
I think OG has a double or nothing role
He might be Jackpot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom