• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread [GAME THREAD] JOAT (Jack of All Trades) Mafia - ENDGAME - MAFIA WINS

universal backup is a popular role on bulbagarden i think (ex's home community), and considering OG originally claimed to only have passive components to their role its not unlikely that those passives allow them to fulfil that function. This seems a much more likely possibility to me than a steal-roles-by-killing type role, although thats still possible. universal backup in this kind of setup is probably not AI, but steal roles by killing would either have to be an indept or a mafia hit modifier considering we only had one kill N1 and if OG were a town vig he would have been lying about having a kit. This results in him looking somewhat worse on average, but probably not by much.
Beryl wasn't the first town to die though, so you're insinuating here that either a modified "choose who you back up" (which isn't exactly passive) or a multi-use limited back up is more likely than a scum aligned ability stealer?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
thats a good catch and makes OG look worse. he claimed a passive role, but the role he demonstrated is pretty clearly active. There's possibility for miscommunication here considering his spotty understanding of the game (not his fault, we were all there once), but i find two scenarios likely here:

1) He was telling the truth about having a passive role, and his passive role gave him an active ability. This is possibly the case. He seems to be claiming his voting ability is passive and that its similarity to beryl's is a coincidence, which seems unlikely to me. The voting ability is very probably activated and the similarity to beryl's combined with his initial claim of a passive role makes it likely that he gained beryl's role somehow. a town aligned UB-variant is possible, but it would have to be one that only triggered on NKs or something similar, which makes it less likely. More likely in this case is a something like a kill modifier that steals the victim's role, which would give OG an anti-town role.

2) He was telling the truth about having a passive role, and his role really is passive. This doesn't seem to mesh with how his role actually functions. He has voted in the past without triggering his extra votes, which seems to suggest the extra votes are activated, and thus not passive. Its possible me and exlight just arne't on the same wavelength wrt this though.

3) He was lying about having a passive role. This is possible, and would probably be NAI if the case because i can't see a point to OG's lie as town or as mafia, and new players probably have a tendency to make pointless lies.

Considering the similarity between OG's role and beryl's and the high likelihood that OG lied about obtaining beryl's role, they look a lot worse in my eyes now, and barring something like an investigative result its unlikely I'd support any other lynch over theirs.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
thats a good catch and makes OG look worse. he claimed a passive role, but the role he demonstrated is pretty clearly active. There's possibility for miscommunication here considering his spotty understanding of the game (not his fault, we were all there once), but i find two scenarios likely here:

1) He was telling the truth about having a passive role, and his passive role gave him an active ability. This is possibly the case. He seems to be claiming his voting ability is passive and that its similarity to beryl's is a coincidence, which seems unlikely to me. The voting ability is very probably activated and the similarity to beryl's combined with his initial claim of a passive role makes it likely that he gained beryl's role somehow. a town aligned UB-variant is possible, but it would have to be one that only triggered on NKs or something similar, which makes it less likely. More likely in this case is a something like a kill modifier that steals the victim's role, which would give OG an anti-town role.

2) He was telling the truth about having a passive role, and his role really is passive. This doesn't seem to mesh with how his role actually functions. He has voted in the past without triggering his extra votes, which seems to suggest the extra votes are activated, and thus not passive. Its possible me and exlight just arne't on the same wavelength wrt this though.

3) He was lying about having a passive role. This is possible, and would probably be NAI if the case because i can't see a point to OG's lie as town or as mafia, and new players probably have a tendency to make pointless lies.

Considering the similarity between OG's role and beryl's and the high likelihood that OG lied about obtaining beryl's role, they look a lot worse in my eyes now, and barring something like an investigative result its unlikely I'd support any other lynch over theirs.

It is a passive ability. It is not shot where I have a fixed amount of uses. I tell @ExLight when I want to use it, but when I use it, whether or not I get the correct cards to give me more votes, I cannot vote for the next 2 days. I never lose the ability. I always have it.

I really dont know what else to tell you.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer

(flavor pending)

Storm died!
Welcome Storm!

You're Jack in the Green!
You're one of the Jacks, so you're Town aligned JOAT!
Kingston_Jack_in_the_Green.jpg

You start with the following JOAT shots:
> 1x Voyeur
> 1x Watcher
> 1x Tracker
> 1x Self-Ascetic*

You win when all direct threats to Town are removed from the game!
Use your role wisely, good luck, and have fun!
> Voyeur: During the Night you can target a Player. You will learn what actions were performed on the chosen Player.

> Watcher: During the Night you can target a Player. If the chosen Player is targeted by anybody you'll be told who targeted them.

> Tracker: During the Night you can target a Player. If the chosen Player targets anybody you'll be told who they targeted.

> Self-Ascetic: You can activate this ability during the Night. If another Player attempts to target you during the Night their action will fail, except for killing actions.

D3 STARTS NOW
Day ends in ~71h45m.
If this is not a good time for the updates feel free to request for a shortening or extending the phase so it ends at a more convenient time.

Phase ends on March 6th, at 9:00:00 PM (GMT-3).
DEADLINE COUNTDOWN

Last edited:

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I copped jamie last night but the results went missing, so either we have another result out there or i was redirected to mint

Ragnarokio

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I have used up both my cop activations so I will say:

Night one I targeted Dawning Winds and my action failed.
Night 2 I targeted Mint Elv and my results went missing.
Night 2 I received results saying that Jamie is mafia.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Vote: JamieIsBored
I was already leaning towards this for today but cop results just cement it IMO.

There's nothing to my role that should've caused that, so I'm assuming you were roleblocked or something.
Considering that some people suspected myself and that HHH claimed that all targeting on himself would have redirected to me, the odds that I'd be roleblocked or jailed is decent.

Oh, well I doctored Storm last night. So prolly Strongman. Looked over the thread and that OG vote thing was really scummy especially with the claim that he only had passives. Just a coincidence that the person defending him the most is the one who gets the results that will magically save him for another day.
Vote: OGSniper

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom