• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread [GAME THREAD] JOAT (Jack of All Trades) Mafia - ENDGAME - MAFIA WINS

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
oh i forgot lissi was replaced by hippo, that makes beryl a sensible target in the case of the second scenario

Seems like we have a rolecop as I also got someone else's results. And it means Storm is town.
Oh cool. That confirms it alongside the tracker claim.
I recall jamie seeming to express pride in their ability to read softs and seemed to particularly enjoy solving the game via that method, which is why they come to mind.
I do! But I hope you’ll be happy to know it isn’t the only thing I look at anymore. (Still sorry about that hammer lynch). I did not think that was a soft, from my experience with her Beryl either doesn’t soft, or just claims straight up really early.
I set some chaos into motion last night. I'll feel free to talk about it since I only had the one shot of it. I deflected anybody that tried to target me last night. So anybody that tried to target me last night targeted Rubik instead. You're up next on the lissi revenge tour, Jamie.
Thank you for letting me know in advance, now I can create some real chaos! :ham:

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Bless whoever ****ed with the results and sent them different places. It helps a ton if town gets the results so they can just claim them without outing their roles. And also kinda forces scum to out if they got any so they look good.

Plus I'm assuming rolecop is probably scum and if so I got scum's results and that's less info they know.

Town leaning OG even more now due to his start of day reaction asking if he should give the results he got.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Bless whoever ****ed with the results and sent them different places. It helps a ton if town gets the results so they can just claim them without outing their roles. And also kinda forces scum to out if they got any so they look good.

Plus I'm assuming rolecop is probably scum and if so I got scum's results and that's less info they know.

Town leaning OG even more now due to his start of day reaction asking if he should give the results he got.
The problem with ****ing with who gets the results is that scum can just lie about the results if they get them.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
The problem with ****ing with who gets the results is that scum can just lie about the results if they get them.

True but it can be risky depending on the results.
At least there's a higher chance of it being randed to town than scum, and it also gives town scum results. If scum gets a cop result then it's really no different than cop being roleblocked. But in this case if town gets them they can out the result without letting scum know who cop is.

Mint Elv

Fish!
Yay! I can post now. Hey everyone! How are you all on this fine day/afternoon/evening?
NAI
I need my hot wheels.
Vote: Minish
Lovely to see you again Minish. It’s been a while.
Supposed Joke vote
Someone else I havent seen in a while. But I only have one vote, Mafia is so hard :(
NAI
I thought you ran out of sandwiches Lissi
NAI
Hello! Have you played the game IRL before?

We all missed you too.

I did, it was a vote of friendship rather than a vote of suspicion however. There’s no need to be jealous you can have one too after we don’t play together for a while!
Joking.
It's pretty similar just without visual or audio cues, I try to go off of people's behaviour and I soft hunt a lot. Try and find your own niche and you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of the game!
NAI
RVS is random voting stage, when people will randomly vote usually as a joke.
NAI
Weren't you the one who pushed a host vote in Ex's last game though? Did 123 give you that much PTSD lmao?
>_>;
Yep, by 6 posts
NAI
Probably expands on our roles somehow, in Chess Mafia it would have made all the pieces like homebrew or something.
NAI
Everyone's called Jack lol. I like the push though, good to see you're at least trying.
Hmm
Got to unvote first.
NAI
I have a confession.
I'm a JOAT
Joke
Sounds to me like they took joke voting very seriously.
Hmm defense of OG
Hard Counterclaiming your counterclaim to my claim.
joke
I dunno if I’d give Sniper town pants just yet, the tone definitely feels very sarcastic.
Funny. He seemed to be leaning towards town the last two posts about OG.
Feels kinda condescending to me, at least the first part.

It’s fine, suspicion is part of the game.
Both are to OG. Still opposed to OG. I’ll give the second half an NAI
I have my doubts over that town leaning, but it’s not exactly scummy either. Hoping to see more scum hunting from them to help ease me towards that way.
This is neutral. It’s starting to look like Jamie doesn’t want to take a clear stance on OG so he can’t be held responsible for anything that happens to OG.
………….
Thats not a what reaction.
….
Fair.

Right. But if two other people have claimed it and one them said it was likely everyone was Jack I’m not sure why you’d then push that onto me.

Yeah, we all have a JOAT kit which means we have multiple roles that we can use over the game. By the way you’re said some players, does this mean you don’t have one?

Everyone has their own opinions on others and they’ll usually voice them in order for us to start creating interactions between players. It’s perfectly normal to defend someone should you believe they’re town.
This is mostly explaining stuff but the bolded part at least seems fair as though maybe they aren’t both mafia.
Where there will be chaotic elements in a game that could include things like hidden roles, random events etc.
Nai
Confused on your vote on me. Your reasoning doesn’t make sense if I was also a Jack alongside Dawning.

That’s the point of this mafia, is that everyone has one. That’s interesting that you don’t have one though.
The top half being had on the thread is heartening, making me think they aren’t talking in private. That or they’re doing really good theater. But we’ll see.
Apologies if I’m being unclear; if you thought you were the only Jack, and then 2 people claim to also have the same as you why vote them? But get the Dawning vote, but once I corrected you that everyone was Jack why switch that over to me?
Nai
Right, but why would I do that? Had me and Dawning been mafia together me defending them would be an instant way to catch both of us.
Not necessarily. But according to Jamie if they’re mafia buddies he won’t defend them. Noted if Jamie flips mafia.
It is illegal yes, otherwise everyone would just screenshot our PM’s and be able to win pretty quick lol.
Nai
That is your role though no? If you don’t a kit that’s probably why.
Still illegal, because then there’s no deduction involved with the roles (the best part), and it would clear so many people.
That Ex can’t confirm it.
What more do you have to claim? Didn't you so you had no kit?
Indeed, a godfather wouldn't care if they were targeted because they would appear innocent to a cop. Your obsession with being checked is making me wary of that.

Unvote
Yeah, it's a pretty common role for mafia to have. Sometimes it can only be one-shot but often times its a passive they keep for the entire game. It gives the mafia a bit of a safety net when it comes to claims.
Godfather role description
Grouping of posts are just explaining stuff to OG. Frankly not strange for Jamie. He’s our resident PR translator on bulba so he’s pretty good at stuff like that.
That was my vote on Minish
:whistle:
Dunno, sometimes the host can have a role that can affect the game in some way.
Ex won’t have to claim anything, as a host you have to remain neutral.
Then he is hosting as he should.
More OG explaining.
I’m reading it as very confusing. It’s not sitting right with me but I’m not sure if that’s just confused new player or new scum, it’s definitely feeling really disruptive. Especially considering the fact that they have the second most posts.
This sounds solid but is still too neutral.
Take as long as you need.
You not having a kit is your role as I understand it. That's the point of who you are. Ex confirming that clears you.
Oh, well let me teach you then. A Jack-Of-All-Trades is someone who is good at many things hence why everyone else has multiple roles.
More NAI stuff
Oh right sorry, I was just quoting your posts through the who replied thing and didn't see the context to that one. I forgot about the opening John text lol.
ATE is appeal to emotions. Where you defend yourself by using emotional language and appeal to people that way rather than with evidence.
Nai
Not really. This could be an act in order to make yourself look better. This is a common first-time scum tactic and I have seen it used before with @mastermind lissi being the culprit.
Lissi I will Say didn’t act anything like OG. Sure she was new and got leniency for that, but she was being coached, and easily does what she’s told as mafia. Which you know very well having coached her as mafia. OG is much more chaotic

this post is throwing shade at OG using another person who is entirely different.
I didn't like the reasoning. That's all.
Fair.
No as in, if you did confirm that.

You not having a JOAT kit is probably your role, you're different to us in some way. Ex didn't confirm anything I was saying that if he were to then it would make that clear it was your role.
Nai
Maybe my passive was given to Sniper :suspicious:
This is a strange comment. It sounds as though Jamie is positive everyone has a passive and active amongst their abilities. But he does not. Considering we had no flips yet we don’t know who has what.
No. You should know already, I thought you were scum. :P
I am but beside the point.
Is that the Darth Vader thing you're referring to? I think that was just an example.
Nai
Agreed, although I think Min is currently decently busy so might be worth giving her the benefit of the doubt for now? When Lissi is scum, she tends to lurk a lot if that helps anyone.
This stinks. Gives Min a pass but casts shade on Lissi. Especially with this not only not being her home site but also because knowing what game is happening on her home site. Just ignores too many factors he knows about Lissi to paint her in a negative light.
Lissi has said that she isn't going to be very active this game. I'll pull up the quote for you.
Funny to see this when the post right before he cast shade on her.
(
I like your thinking. Hello my first town lean.

Vote: Lissi
For the hot wheels!
This is scummy. Going for an inactive is an easy lynch and it comes right after two contradicting pots about Lissi. I can see this as nothing but an attempt at a mislynch.
@ExLight You got a sub that could fill in?
Nai
If not, might be best to cut losses by removing a non active slot.
Again this does not look innocent coming from him after his other posts.
Unfortunately I cannot confirm or deny that due to the fact that it's ongoing, but you can read the game on Bulba if you want to judge for yourself.
And now he just looks flip floppy on Lissi like he did with OG.
Good post. Still town lean.
Fair
Is the amount of votes here correct?
That’s true, they did counter claim me earlier.
deal-norris-small.gif

hank-from-breaking-bad-xd.gif
Nai

Jamie you post too much.

And I did cut out his post analyzing OG. I’ll look at that later.

Ultimately most of his stuff is nai but he is too neutral in his opinions of others in a way That is scummy instead of just unsure. He looks like he’s contributing and giving opinions bt is actually contradicting himself and avoiding being connected to his opinions.

Vote:Jamieisbored

Was ISOing in the order people post. Might change that after the large amount from Jamie. -_-

True but it can be risky depending on the results.
At least there's a higher chance of it being randed to town than scum, and it also gives town scum results. If scum gets a cop result then it's really no different than cop being roleblocked. But in this case if town gets them they can out the result without letting scum know who cop is.
You're assuming it's being randed instead of directed. I think that's a dangerous assumption at this time. As one with a (relative) chaos kit, I can tell you none of my abilities have a random factor to them.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.

this post pings me a bit b/c it reads sort of like what scum minish might say if she was frustrated with how the night went.

Neutral in my opinion of a new player because as I have stated before I find it hard to read them. I have made my reads on everyone else very clear. I gave Minish the benefit of the doubt because I know she was very busy, Lissi had 2 days where she had all the time in the world to post here, yet she didn’t. How is that scummy to push that?

I can have my own opinions and try and help others form their own too. It’s not my way or the high way that’s how town gets bottle necked into losing.

I do post too much, it’s a big issue that every time I try to solve it ends up with 400 posts more than the last time.

Duskyblue

Schiischaib
My ability went through as intended.

I am a bit confused how HHH's ability would lead the what we see (people getting random results), so I assume something or someone else was also at play. I do not find this confusion helpful, so disagree with Minish's take as it seems to me it's even more helpful to mafia in regards to claiming things.

Honestly was going to vote Storm today but he got a town read, so there goes that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom