• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GAME THREAD: Dark Souls Mafia

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I'M LITERALLY BUSTING MY ASS ALL OVER THE PLACE TRYING TO MAKE SURE WE'RE ALL ON THE SAME PAGE WHY WOULD SCUM ME DO THAT

i can agree that town ex is somewhat more proactive. Can you link me some posts that you feel are indicitive of your proactivity in this game?

ExLight

why
Staff member
uh anything past the first 24h so around the last half of the posts was fairly proactive

even me finding time hopping in during my birthday, despite not catching up with the thread, to vocalize stuff like the hypoclaim being optimal and give meta on other players since there are quite a few that havent played with each other before is fairly proactive imo??

so I want to say #36, #124, 132; #195-201

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
When me and KoD are in agreement you know it's gonna be quite a game.

As for Ex, I still don't see scum Ex here. Scum Ex sounds more logical and chill. His vote for DW doesn't come across as fake emotion to me. I feel like scum Ex doesn't make much of a show like he has. It's always town Ex who sees some posts sussing him, cries about all the votes on him, and then it turns out that there's only like one or two. Lol.

I think I could get behind a Seanzie lynch. No one stands out to me as super scummy right now. But Seanzie I feel like has been reaching for a lot of his suspicion. And trying to play up his town game, possibly in hopes of having people say that we could use a strong town player like him so that we don't lynch him. I also feel like Seanzie's flip could be an info flip since he's had such strong interactions with quite a few players.

DW has been flip floppy and Ex seems to see their scum meta here, but I can see more logic behind their motives. His Ex vote seems less like it comes from scum and more from frustrated town to me, even if I disagree with it.

Vote: Seanzie

I will post my target before EOD.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
ooh I see what you mean
60% in the case where they die
the odds seems pretty high still though

it will rarely be appropriate to not lynch the claimed target in that case although its not a sure thing and if we rely too heavily on it as a mechanic we will lose

What

If you claim "I'ma visit X" then "N1: X" is now your will

you can't be pro-pre-hypoclaiming and anti-wills
Sure you can. The aim of hider cover is to allow them to lay a legacy hidden in a bunch of other fake legacies. The vanilla town changing their fake target post night doesn't stop that. Let's say you're scum and I fake a pre night claim that I'm going to hide behind you. Coming into day 2 with me not dead you're like "we gotta 'em boys he ain't the hider!!1!" But then I turn around and say while reviewing the game in the night I decided Ex was a much better target and I targeted him. I've just changed my will without interacting with the hider at all and removed the certainty from scum!you that I'm not the hider. But now this is an immutable action, for the most part. Granted I can still say I lied at this point but only a hider leaving down a factual legacy has a reason to do so. So you see the difference between a pre night claim and a post night claim is small but is very mighty. Granted this isn't something to abuse as it will make the hider apparent since they are trying to lay down a lasting legacy, but it is not something you should leave off the table as town either, and not posting wills without a purpose in doing so builds town that wiggle room. Seriously is your guys only strategy built on praying the hider wins you the game?

When me and KoD are in agreement you know it's gonna be quite a game.

As for Ex, I still don't see scum Ex here. Scum Ex sounds more logical and chill. His vote for DW doesn't come across as fake emotion to me. I feel like scum Ex doesn't make much of a show like he has. It's always town Ex who sees some posts sussing him, cries about all the votes on him, and then it turns out that there's only like one or two. Lol.

I think I could get behind a Seanzie lynch. No one stands out to me as super scummy right now. But Seanzie I feel like has been reaching for a lot of his suspicion. And trying to play up his town game, possibly in hopes of having people say that we could use a strong town player like him so that we don't lynch him. I also feel like Seanzie's flip could be an info flip since he's had such strong interactions with quite a few players.

DW has been flip floppy and Ex seems to see their scum meta here, but I can see more logic behind their motives. His Ex vote seems less like it comes from scum and more from frustrated town to me, even if I disagree with it.

Vote: Seanzie

I will post my target before EOD.

What you call "reaching" I call generating more readable content than almost any other person in the entire game thus far.

Also, I am a strong town player, and it is ill-advised to elim me, especially with anti-town elements like KoD at play, and 3+ inactive or nearly inactive slots in play.

To everyone else: I'd like to say that out of everyone voting me, this feels the most like scum. I feel them moving to solidify my wagon based on trying to get an "info flip" is opportunistic, especially since the only thing that Minish has said towards me being scum is that I was "reaching", which I don't really think is fair, I've just actually explained my reads and thoughts in detail, unlike almost everyone else.

ExLight

why
Staff member
hot take that will prolly end up killing me but inactive players are extremely bad for town in this setup and I wouldn't oppose them lynched first because they'll just be unsolved dead weight and even if the hider finds a scum there we really don't want them to die to a player that isn't even influencing the game

Ragnarokio

yea as long scum has the roleblocker there's a small odd they might frame a positive result which is one of the disadvantages of claiming the results before the night

This is a pretty nonsensical play for scum but i did consider it. In order for scum to get value out of it they need to both successfully identify and roleblock the hider and then be targeted by the hider. In addition, if they're targeted by the real hider before they succeed then they're just giving the town free information. Its a longshot plan that simply doesn't pay off compared to the much larger gains from getting rid of the hider earlier in the game and not allowing them to generate more information. Given, there are certain players i imagine would prefer to go for a plan that is statistically unlikely to work simply because it will be more convincing to the more mathematically-minded players when it works. Not every player is mathematically minded though, and in LyLo its probable that players will trust gut reads more than mechanical information, which just makes it more useless.

Ragnarokio

hot take that will prolly end up killing me but inactive players are extremely bad for town in this setup and I wouldn't oppose them lynched first because they'll just be unsolved dead weight and even if the hider finds a scum there we really don't want them to die to a player that isn't even influencing the game

hider outing inactive scum is very good since inactives tend to live until endgame solving them via mechanical info is more valuable than solving active players via mechanical info that will be less likely to survive to end game

lynching inactives is always a safe play, if not a particularly fun one.

Ragnarokio

uh anything past the first 24h so around the last half of the posts was fairly proactive

even me finding time hopping in during my birthday, despite not catching up with the thread, to vocalize stuff like the hypoclaim being optimal and give meta on other players since there are quite a few that havent played with each other before is fairly proactive imo??

so I want to say #36, #124, 132; #195-201

these posts were pretty lukewarm. I didn't feel like you really attacked any player or expressed any ideas that would draw heat towards you. Why were you voted by the people on your wagon?

ExLight

why
Staff member
these posts were pretty lukewarm. I didn't feel like you really attacked any player or expressed any ideas that would draw heat towards you. Why were you voted by the people on your wagon?
Dawning and Kreal initially voted me because I kept popping in every now and then during the day I was busy

Kreal removed his vote eventually but still keeps throwing shade at me and DW changed his reason to something among the lines of him thinking I'm trying to pocket him for complimenting him before catching up

I don't know what exactly caused Fext to vote me

ExLight

why
Staff member
as for them being likewarm, I guess?

I made my argument on why I'm not liking Dawning's slot but that was after he solidified his vote on me; I also poked Fext a bit over him being, according to himself, intentionally lazy (for the lack of a better word). Regarding previous interactions I picked the KoD (and Number's since it was the origin of the discussion) side from the Seanzie-KoD discussion. Kreal I'm just almost ignoring at this point because he's doing the thing where he gets in his own mind and starts pushing his messy ideas into everyone's throats.

I think this sums up the content of my posts so far? Kreal and Fext have a chance of being just OMGUS, but DW had set his vote on me over stuff I often said on Bulba and never prompted negative reactions from him, plus his sheeping, plus his opportunistic attempt to make my wagon gain speed when I wasn't around and I just can't see it as anything but extremely scummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom