• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

GAME THREAD: Dark Souls Mafia

Seanzie played very aggressively early in the day and attacked people using fairly weak, reachy cases. This is classic town behaviour. Many town players purposefully use bad arguments early in the day in attempt to generate meaningful discussion which is then used as a basis for stronger reads. This gameplay is typically bad as scum because it almost always results in a lot of players scumreading you, as it did for seanzie. Its much safer to play less aggressively on day 1 since you'll get a free pass for it as there isn't much to go on.

Seanzie's case on minish reeks of OMGUS. he seems to only think minish is scum because minish was scumreading him. Seanzie seemingly didn't say a thing about minish until minish made a post attacking him, at which point seanzie proclaimed that he had caught scum. OMGUS is a natural town reaction. When you know you're town and someone is attacking you, you naturally think "what do they gain from attacking me, a town player?" and so its easy to see them as a wolf if you can't get outside your own head enough, so this is another town tell.

Furthermore, Seanzie tried to start a wagon on a voteless player, minish, when he was in the lead in votes and deadline was hours away. I would expect a scum seanzie to think about how to live through the day and thus prefer a case on someone who already had votes on them like ex or DW. That he chose a completely new person suggests to me that his primary motivation in doing so was because he felt like they were scum and not that he wanted to survive. This naturally indicates a town perspective.

lol ok you do realize Sean attacking players aggressively isn’t at all AI for him right?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
are they compulsory?
if they can target themselves it's pretty much holstering tho
they're compulsory. I don't know whether or not targeting themselves is legal, but that would indeed be functionally equivalent to holstering.

Rag, what say you to my proposed CFD?

Because right now, I'm ready to pull the trigger on KillJoy. I'd like to make it meaningful from everyone participating so as to avoid a vote issue either due to the strict voting rules or due to a split that causes Cin Min to bite the dust.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
lol ok you do realize Sean attacking players aggressively isn’t at all AI for him right?

I wouldn't know as I haven't played enough games with him. If other people who are familiar with his meta say he plays this way as scum or as town then I'll consider that portion of the case NAI though.

Rag, what say you to my proposed CFD?

Because right now, I'm ready to pull the trigger on KillJoy. I'd like to make it meaningful from everyone participating so as to avoid a vote issue either due to the strict voting rules or due to a split that causes Cin Min to bite the dust.
Idk I think KillJoy could be town.

ok but what if one of the non-hiders realize one of their reads is like super scummy lol

It's a bit of a dilemma, as numbers said before we can't rely just on the mechanical stuff
then put your head down and shut the **** up

you choose your own claimed targets, it's on you to pick ones you won't regret

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom