• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Futuristic

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I was just listening to a remix of the Lost Woods and it really hit me that Zelda could make a techno-future game where they used the Tri-Force to advance civilization and it brought corruption to Ganon or something. Not sure if I want a futuristic one but it seemed cool. Maybe they revert at the end of the game back to normal. The shrieks in the middle seemed strange but reminded me of Skull Kid on his stump. I thought it would be like a metal tree forest with this music. Interesting thought but not sure if it'd work. I just wondered what everyone else thought of this idea.

Here is the inspiring song.

[video=youtube;d0rf8kwlCHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0rf8kwlCHI&list=PL7CF3E76DB57C228E&index=3&feature=plpp_video[/video]

Sorry for external link. I still don't know how to pull the video over. If you could leave that info in your message that would be great.*<-Ignore This Now*

Edit: Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
Sorry for external link. I still don't know how to pull the video over. If you could leave that info in your message that would be great.

Click the "Insert Video" button, it's with the "Link", "E-mail", and "Insert Image" buttons

[video=youtube;fGsqbTnqOM0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGsqbTnqOM0&feature=related[/video]

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
It's an interesting concept but I don't know if it would work. It wouldnt feel like traditional Zelda and it wouldn't be very logical. If it were futuristic, Link wouldn't be using a weapon as outdated as the sword. Maybe a certain area of a game could be futuristic, That'd work for me

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
Wasn't there an article where someone created concept art of a post apocalyptic/futuristic Zelda here on ZD?

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
Yeah and this song reminded me of that which got me thinking because his version of lost woods looks like crumbled concrete towers.

If there ever was an official petition for this my name would be first on the list. Nintendo needs to get experimental.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
It's an interesting concept but I don't know if it would work. It wouldn't feel like traditional Zelda and it wouldn't be very logical. If it were futuristic, Link wouldn't be using a weapon as outdated as the sword. Maybe a certain area of a game could be futuristic, That'd work for me

Exactly. You would never use a sword in a universe full of guns. It is not courageous, it is just plain suicidal. However, Link could always have the "Mastergun". This idea is interesting, but Nintendo would never do it. Zelda is a medieval/post-medieval game... not a futuristic one. Zelda just wouldn't be the same without the classic setting.

This always gets brought up but I would have to say no, doesnt really go with zelda. I think of FF8 though with the main guys sword gun thingy. I dont remember what its called but its a sword that after hitting someone you can shoot them too. Maybe that would work?? Just kidding

I think this would be a brilliant idea if it was on a certain part of the game. For example, like the twilight realms in TP. Ya know, just one area, or certain parts of the game. That would be great. But as an entire game? Wouldn't work

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I sort of agree with leaving it in the past but I still like to fantasize about the concept. If I had to settle for less I guess an area or two rather than the whole game. Not sure how'd it work but I guess it could be done. It is Nintendo. They can do anything.

This always gets brought up but I would have to say no, doesnt really go with zelda. I think of FF8 though with the main guys sword gun thingy. I dont remember what its called but its a sword that after hitting someone you can shoot them too. Maybe that would work?? Just kidding
You mean a gunblade? That would be kind of awesome.. But then again I have an open mind so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom