• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fungal Spores What Are They For?

[video=youtube;fuNznBxCKaI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuNznBxCKaI [/video]
you can skip to around 2:20 to see Link collect some.

I have no idea what they're for. I don't really think it's to regain health because there are too many mushrooms to collect from, it would make the game too easy, you probably have much less bottles at that point in the game than in the video, but even then there are so many it's like an unlimited source.

Maybe they're for some kind of side quest? Or it upgrades some kind of item?

There are lots of possibilities

Maybe you can take them to be mixed into a special potion later? Or maybe they're used to upgrade an item?

I'm not too sure either.

I believe their function is similar to that of a Red Potion, i.e. they're used to recover hearts. It seems a little unorthodox, I know, but hey.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
You drink them to regain health. Though this is probably a tentative function as pointed out earlier, they're friggin' everywhere! But, this is a demo, so they're generous with the health. As you can see, Link has a butt load of heart containers too. Similar to why there's unlimited ammo for projectiles and bombs.

You drink them to regain health. Though this is probably a tentative function as pointed out earlier, they're friggin' everywhere! But, this is a demo, so they're generous with the health. As you can see, Link has a butt load of heart containers too. Similar to why there's unlimited ammo for projectiles and bombs.

Ah, ok. That makes sense. They might reduce the number of mushrooms in the actual game...

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!

How much health do they regain? Is it like the Bee Larvae in Twilight Princess where they heal 1/4th of a heart per larvae, 2 1/2 hearts for a full bottle?

Seeing how they're everywhere, they probably heal a minimal amount. Or maybe they were everywhere just for the demo...

Link drinks the weirdest things, wouldn't you agree?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I think they'll be an ingredient for making some other potion. At first I thought that they would fix shields, but I'm lost for ideas about this specific feature...

when i watched a video on tuesday the guy from nintendo would not say what they are for but that they were important. i think they maybe used in the main quest for something like to make a potion or something along those lines. all i know for sure is that they are important.

is there any video featuring link drinking them? because I dont think they will give you health just like that, because I dont think they are going to remove them, I bet you can make some potions with them

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
If I were to guess as to what they will be used for. Then I would guess that it would be to make blue potions or new potions at a potion shop. This is similar to Kotake's store in MM.

Ikana

Trollkastel
What I think they would mostly be used for is to make potions or to be used in a side quest but I find that one unlikely. If they are used for anything else then I'm lost for words on what they could be used for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom