• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this isn't going to go anywhere any time soon...

Unvote: Voilet

Vote: Axle the Beast

No hard feelings, but you can see my reasoning in my past posts.

Kirino

Tatakae

Voting off Axle might be risky. On one hand, if he's Mafia, we get a huge obstacle out of the way since he's such an experienced player. This could also work bad if he's town, as we would lose a very valuable asset. I'm going to hold off making any serious votes for now.

Unvote: Dracomajora

I read them and didn't see anything as far as a reason for voting for me goes...?

Voting off Axle might be risky. On one hand, if he's Mafia, we get a huge obstacle out of the way since he's such an experienced player. This could also work bad if he's town, as we would lose a very valuable asset. I'm going to hold off making any serious votes for now.
Basically I'm either your best friend or your worst enemy and the only deciding factor is pure chance. Your best bet is to leave me alive for most of the game and kill me before it ends.

Not trying to be arrogant or anything, but that's honestly how things tend to be from my point of view.

Kybyrian

He's just as much a detriment as an asset. Maybe he's either your best friend or worst enemy, but if he becomes the worst enemy of the town? You don't even need to be Mafia to do that, and it's not completely unlikely. All that aside, it's not the reason I'm voting for him. Simply dispelling some arguments one would have against the vote. Just the second sentence there,

Axle the Beast said:
Your best bet is to leave me alive for most of the game and kill me before it ends.

It doesn't ring right. And as for the rest of the game, tsk tsk, Axle, I thought you better

He's just as much a detriment as an asset. Maybe he's either your best friend or worst enemy, but if he becomes the worst enemy of the town? You don't even need to be Mafia to do that, and it's not completely unlikely. All that aside, it's not the reason I'm voting for him. Simply dispelling some arguments one would have against the vote. Just the second sentence there,

It doesn't ring right. And as for the rest of the game, tsk tsk, Axle, I thought you better

Although I agree with you that it is suspicious, he also could be sarcastic at the same time.

All I'm going to for now is this:

Fos: Axle

Kirino

Tatakae

Seriously? You haven't given a single reason as to why you're voting for him. None at all. Using hypothetical questions to dispell arguments is also very weak. What if he does become the town's worst enemy? What then? Well, we would heve to lynch him, wouldn't we? But he's been a normal player so far, and there's no reason to vote for him. You are certainly very quick to jump on this bandwagon for seemingly no reason. There's about 70% chance Axle is town considering the town to mafia ratio.

Vote:Kybyrian

Although I agree with you that it is suspicious, he also could be sarcastic at the same time.

All I'm going to for now is this:

Fos: Axle
I meant it 100% seriously. I'm not going to come into this game saying "I'm a townie, I'm not mafia", because it's an empty, meaningless gesture and I'm not going to say something empty like that. Statistically I'm as likely to be Mafia as anyone else is. If I am a townie, I will be an invaluable scumhunter as I've always been since literally my first game of Mafia (where I pegged every single member of the mafia save for the one that got modkilled, and my town would have won if they'd listened to me).

If I'm Mafia, you will have extreme difficulty telling me apart from a townie because I play exactly the same as both. When I play scum, I literally tune out my Mafia allegiance when I post in the thread; I forget being scum for the duration of writing my post. Maybe I tweak it afterwards in case my legitimate scumhunting is about to bus an ally who doesn't need to be bussed, but otherwise I post identically.

My point is that you have no real means of knowing which, but I'm potentially your best friend, so IMO your best bet is to kill me eventually, no matter what, but leave me alive until you deem it time. That's how I would play, anyway, and have played in the past; I never lynch experienced players early.

Unvote: Dracomajora

If you read what I posted before, I said the best thing you can really do with the random voting stage is to get someone to the point where only a few more votes will kill them off. It puts him in the position to defend himself so we can actually get some information before the end of the day. I'm not attempting to get him lynched here. My actions may lead to him being lynched if he puts forward a shoddy argument in his defense, but I highly doubt that will happen.

I read them and didn't see anything as far as a reason for voting for me goes...?

It's nothing personal against you so I guess that it's not obvious really, but basically going along the lines of what I said earlier in this post. If we all vote like we currently are doing, then we won't get much information at all from their deaths. Furthermore, unless it's a lucky lynch and a mafioso is killed, it'll be a day wasted and a step closer to losing. I believe that unless someone is placed in a position where they are 2 or 3 votes away from being lynched that we will get no where. Thus I've acted and attempted to see if my 'theory' can work. Unfortunately, I had already voted for Violet and leaving my vote like that wouldn't get us any closer to hopefully recovering some useful information out of what I see as a usually useless day in the game. If I hadn't already had my vote against Violet but you were still tied on votes for her, then I would have probably used random.org to decide who I voted against.

I know that this is a risky tactic, but I doubt that the mafia are stupid enough to hammer the last 2 or 3 votes on the first day. However, if you were to be in the situation where you were pushed to within one vote of lynching for no real reason, then I'd remove my own vote in the hopes of stopping you from being lynched. Hopefully I've explained that well, if not I'll try and explain myself better.

Exactly.....isn't there something you can do to petition a shorter day? At least by half.....

I agree with this, except I think that the day should be shortened permanently. This site already has enough troubles keeping a game going due to inactivity. Extremely long days won't help, I'd say at maximum, it should be 5 days.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer

In addition to deception, Mafia is a game of chance; not only in terms of odds, but taking chances. I've seen nothing thus far which blatantly tells of Axle's position in this game. But as Draco pointed out, the Town/Mafia ratio shows us that there's more of a chance that he's Town. If he's our best friend great; if he's our worst enemy, not so great. But truth be told, I think Axle was narrating on his theme abilities, not his position.

Basically, he might have an ability to either make or break the game for anyone, depending on the side that everyone else is on. Hard to say what that might be, seeing as we know little about that. Obviously if he's Mafia, then his cohorts will know what it is. But in my eyes, it was simple information for us to deliberate.

It doesn't ring right. And as for the rest of the game, tsk tsk, Axle, I thought you better.

This itself doesn't ring right with me... What exactly is the implication that Axle wasn't doing anything right? Merely stating that he "wasn't good enough" at something (as I interpret the bolded statement), maybe defending himself, isn't a very good approach. It seems more like you're intentionally casting suspicion onto him. Time will tell if that's true.

FoS: Kybyrian

If you read what I posted before, I said the best thing you can really do with the random voting stage is to get someone to the point where only a few more votes will kill them off. It puts him in the position to defend himself so we can actually get some information before the end of the day. I'm not attempting to get him lynched here. My actions may lead to him being lynched if he puts forward a shoddy argument in his defense, but I highly doubt that will happen.
Ahhh, I getcha. Makes sense. I've seen the tactic before, and it's an interesting one.

In addition to deception, Mafia is a game of chance; not only in terms of odds, but taking chances. I've seen nothing thus far which blatantly tells of Axle's position in this game. But as Draco pointed out, the Town/Mafia ratio shows us that there's more of a chance that he's Town. If he's our best friend great; if he's our worst enemy, not so great. But truth be told, I think Axle was narrating on his theme abilities, not his position.

Basically, he might have an ability to either make or break the game for anyone, depending on the side that everyone else is on. Hard to say what that might be, seeing as we know little about that. Obviously if he's Mafia, then his cohorts will know what it is. But in my eyes, it was simple information for us to deliberate.
...I was just affirming what Draco was saying: I'm a huge risk. And I was offering him advice in dealing with that. I can be very valuable as a townie, so I'm best kept alive. But since I'm so good at hiding my role, it's probably best to kill me at some point. I don't see how Ky can say I'm scummy for inviting people to kill me later in the game because they can't trust me. Unless he thinks I'm a Jester or something? At which point it still doesn't make sense for Ky to want me dead.

So I'm still really confused about what Ky was saying; I meant it when I asked him to rephrase, because I legitimately did not understand his post... unless he was just implying he had a bad feeling about my phrasing, at which point... nothing I can say against that I guess. Intuition is intuition.

This itself doesn't ring right with me... What exactly is the implication that Axle wasn't doing anything right? Merely stating that he "wasn't good enough" at something (as I interpret the bolded statement), maybe defending himself, isn't a very good approach. It seems more like you're intentionally casting suspicion onto him. Time will tell if that's true.

FoS: Kybyrian
I'm a little weirded out by it too, but I think I remember him doing similar things before. If I recall, Ky tends to play by intuition, and it's sometimes pretty sharp. I can't really remember, though; it's been a while since I've played Mafia at all, let alone with him. Feel free to confirm or deny, Ky.

Kybyrian

Seriously? You haven't given a single reason as to why you're voting for him. None at all. Using hypothetical questions to dispell arguments is also very weak. What if he does become the town's worst enemy? What then? Well, we would heve to lynch him, wouldn't we? But he's been a normal player so far, and there's no reason to vote for him. You are certainly very quick to jump on this bandwagon for seemingly no reason. There's about 70% chance Axle is town considering the town to mafia ratio.

Vote:Kybyrian

Dracomajora said:
Vote:Axle the Beast

Dracomajora said:
Random Voting Stage

Dracomajora said:
There's about 70% chance Axle is town considering the town to mafia ratio.

Random voting your buddy initially for that little playman's method of "vote for your teammates to dispel suspicion", then turning around and putting down the pressure on someone else when people actually start voting your buddy? Oh Wyatt you're so good at drawing scum out from their little hidey-holes. You really just made it that painfully obvious, Draco.

I don't see any worse reason to vote for him than anyone else - but regardless of the fact I've drawn two scenarios. You are masons or mafia. If you take a trek to some previous games, it would seem it's not uncommon for this tactic when you start out on a defined team, Draco. And history is doomed to repeat itself, you know. And if we're looking at a mason/mafia type thing, well then you have a higher ratio of being scum then, don't you? Guess that's dead in the water.

But I won't change my vote, but that's because you're one of two fish in the same barrel. One of those fish is a piranha though, and that's of more consequence to us.

ebwodp

Thareous said:
I've seen nothing thus far which blatantly tells of Axle's position in this game.

Oh so truthful, but I guess that means we have to put the pressure on someone until they slip, don't they? As long as no one misinterprets (shocker) the methods and bandwagons, it's not hard to get people to slip in their "final" moments. Dracomajora's given me everything I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom