• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I don't understand the votes on Jenn (or GWAF but I don't call her that because awkward).

Atticus's most recent post strikes me as completely out of the blue random. Quoting someone who was lynched earlier in this game and who's also playing in the Beginner's Mafia game isn't a veritable method to incriminate someone. It's not an action that raises my suspicions but prompts me to scratch my head nonetheless.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
ALIT was the only one really suspicious of Garo, besides VM. Garo didn't seem to be in any real danger'

Also, it wouldn't make sense for Pendio and GWAF to nightkill DH. Most people didn't even suspect them that much. Besides, killing DH would obviously make them even more suspicious. I doubt they would be stupid enough to lynch DH. Then again, GWAF is a newb.

I disagree. Garo seemed to be in some very real danger. ALIT basically called him out for what he was... (the following is two posts combined, just for simplicity)

A Link In Time said:
FoS: GaroXicon

Garo appears to be targeting active townies and tried to cause confusion with several long and false points strongly claiming I was mafia.

Pretty sure I explained why he's scum already. He might even be the Godfather.

Draco, ALIT wasn't the only one suspicious of Garo, but he was the only one who appeared to be at the end of the day. That's why Garo couldn't kill him! It'd be too obvious! Luckily, most had forgotten that Darknut_Hunter too had suspicions, and that's why Garo chose him. (Well, part of the reason; I've already explained that I think either Pendio or GWAF convinced Garo to "kill two birds with one stone")

Darknut_Hunter said:
I'm torn at this point and here's why

1) Garo has some good posts, but I still have this gut feeling that he's more than meets the eye, and that bothers me because if he is using his opinions to sway people, we're in trouble.
2) ALIT seemed great at the start, but after looking over the original posts myself, Garo's evidence holds solid which worries me that ALIT might not be what we thought he was.
3) Apply the previous number to the first number and it's more reasoning for why Garo has me feeling unsure of him.
4) Viral doesn't have a town feel to him, but if he's lynched, than we'll be out of a town, and that's one more problem.

So frankly, I'm not sure where to turn from here.

I know it wouldn't make sense for Pendio or GWAF to kill DH by themselves, but when discussing the night-kill with Garo, I'm sure it must have come up. Either one of them could have said, "Hey, Garo, Darknut_Hunter is suspicious of you. He's also suspicious of me. How about we take him out now and get rid of a future problem?" And it is here that DH's death makes sense. As for the kill making them look more suspicious... maybe they didn't think it out? I don't know, this is all speculation.

Dracomajora said:
And Lord Death, once Pendio said that other scum besides TMS might have voted for MFS in order to clear themselves, you considered it. However, when Atticus used the same thing to try and incriminate GWAF, you completely shot her down, and said it was ridiculous. How come?

The difference here is that Pendio offered it as a theory; Atticus offered it as evidence. I said it was ridiculous that she was using a post made in another game, by another person, that didn't even make sense in this situation, if I'm being perfectly honest,.. to justify a vote against GWAF. In it's simpliest form, I was just appalled at the post. Like ALIT said, it was out of the blue random. Certainly not evidence to incriminate her. That's all.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Ummmm Im missing where someone convinced me to kill two birds. If I recall correct it was Draco calling for my NK or vig kill.... Now why would someone call for me to be night killed if I was scum? I was actually not on board with the offing of DH at all except on Day 1 where I was proven wrong by Kyby when Axle turned out to be scum. I argued to the heavens with Kyby who knew DH wasnt scum. Which is why I turned away from DH starting on day 2.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
And that's where you're wrong. I think there is something there.
Not going to commit to a vote yet, though I am close.

Does Viral know something we don't?

And someone also pointed out Viral Maze voting for Garo at the last minute on the second day, but I can't remember who, and I couldn't find the quote when I did my skim through. I do remember the person saying that it's possible Viral voted for Garo because it wouldn't draw attention to himself, and Garo certainly wasn't going to die. If I remember correctly, night two was a big night for mafia kills, with both MFS and TMS being outted. Of course Viral wouldn't vote for two members he knew were mafia, and instead voted for a safe and, at the time, undetected mafia.

What I think is happening here is that Viral Maze is letting Pendio and GWAF banter to draw attention away from himself.

Vote: Viral Maze

I don't know. I don't think so.

Also, what is this? Either you know, or you don't know. Playing this way is pretty scummy in my eyes.

EBYODP

Also, as to why the mafia would choose to Night Kill Darknut... though I'm unsure whether Pendio or GWAF are mafia (and if I had to be honest, I feel Pendio is the more suspicious because he's the one who started flinging premature and nearly evidence free accusations), I think Darknuts suspicion of Garo coupled with the fact that Darknut wasn't the center of our attentions (and therefore less obvious) would be enough for Father to order a NK on Darknut. Of course, neither he nor his fellow mafia assumed that Father would be killed by the vigilante the very same night.

Ebwotp

Had to add- let's say that Pendio and GWAF are town, and they very well might be, when would be a better time to NK Darknut other than when his suspicions are on the godfather and two townies? That way, when DH dies, the finger would get pointed just as easily at the townies who were grouped with him? Just a thought.

Last edited:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Current vote tally:

2 - GirlWithAFairy (Pendio, Atticus)
1 – Pendio (A Link In Time)
1 – Viral Maze (Furie)

With 10 alive it takes 6 votes for a majority lynch.

Day ends on 1/10/2013 at 11:00PM ET.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
What I think is happening here is that Viral Maze is letting Pendio and GWAF banter to draw attention away from himself.

Also, what is this? Either you know, or you don't know. Playing this way is pretty scummy in my eyes.

EBYODP

Also, as to why the mafia would choose to Night Kill Darknut... though I'm unsure whether Pendio or GWAF are mafia (and if I had to be honest, I feel Pendio is the more suspicious because he's the one who started flinging premature and nearly evidence free accusations), I think Darknuts suspicion of Garo coupled with the fact that Darknut wasn't the center of our attentions (and therefore less obvious) would be enough for Father to order a NK on Darknut. Of course, neither he nor his fellow mafia assumed that Father would be killed by the vigilante the very same night.

Ebwotp

Had to add- let's say that Pendio and GWAF are town, and they very well might be, when would be a better time to NK Darknut other than when his suspicions are on the godfather and two townies? That way, when DH dies, the finger would get pointed just as easily at the townies who were grouped with him? Just a thought.

I think Furie has a point. I think Ive been a huge distraction granade for them. Holy crap Furie!

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
And someone also pointed out Viral Maze voting for Garo at the last minute on the second day, but I can't remember who, and I couldn't find the quote when I did my skim through. I do remember the person saying that it's possible Viral voted for Garo because it wouldn't draw attention to himself, and Garo certainly wasn't going to die. If I remember correctly, night two was a big night for mafia kills, with both MFS and TMS being outted. Of course Viral wouldn't vote for two members he knew were mafia, and instead voted for a safe and, at the time, undetected mafia.
lol, so me being suspicious of the godfather makes me suspicious? Though your reasoning could be sound, you're wrong. I told you why I voted for Garo when I actually voted. I would have voted him again yesterday, but I was building a case (thus why I asked him more questions yesterday) because obviously the 'OMG PLAYER X IS SCUM' approach wasn't working. Garo was number 2 on my scumlist since Day 2, and I think I made that obvious (though much of it, beyond my vote, was pretty subtle).

That's a stretch. All I said is that there could possibly be more to their back and forth than most would think. I wasn't giving them a free-reign to continue. If you recall my back and forth between me and Draco on Day 2, there is something there, which I'm sure everyone missed. But it was because of that I believe Draco is moreso town than scum.
I've actually been waiting for you to post since I am currently stumped and want to see what everyone else is doing. I still think Pendio has a chance of being scum, but I am a little apprehensive.

I feel like it's already clear that Mafia are in this game too. If I knew something, I wouldn't release information prematurely until I knew it could do damage because if I start releasing suspicions people start acting differently. I don't see that being scummy on my part. That quote however is the truth. I don't know if I am on to something or not. I had no idea indecision was a scum-tell, but then again ALIT is still alive, so I guess it isn't (no offense ALIT).

Pen

The game is on!
Ebwotp

That is a very good point you're making, I might even consider changing my vote actually. I have stated my suspicions of Viral Maze previously, and by now I'm probably just as suspicious of him as I am of GWAF. My vote remains on her for now though.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Furie said:
EBYODP

Ebwotp

You make some very good points here... Thinking about it now, maybe I'll remove my speculations of DH's death as evidence towards Pendio and GWAF. I still feel there's something to be said from that situation, but I can definitely see where you are coming from and see that the mafia could have thought with the same mindset you suggested. But I retain my vote on Pendio, simply due to his premature vote on GWAF and some strong intuition about him. But I'm starting to consider others in his place now...

And Rainy, did you miss my post #518? I pointed out that I believe only 9 players are alive. And while I admit to not formatting it correctly, I did indeed

Vote: Pendio

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
And Rainy, did you miss my post #518? I pointed out that I believe only 9 players are alive. And while I admit to not formatting it correctly, I did indeed
Maybe it's part of the flavour of the game... Maybe Durion is supposed to still be alive and Rainy is just ignoring us, though I doubt it.
vote: Durion
Let's see what that accomplishes..

Pendio, if I have this right, you think Atticus, Furie, ALIT, and Pokalink are town, right?
And your suspicion of GWAF purely extends from the fact that Darknut Hunter (now dead) was suspicious of her, and that she just happened to be on your scum list (alongside me, Draco, and Lord Death/Linkdude).

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Oh, come on Atticus. That's ridiculous. There's no proof there! All that you have presented is TMS stating that he, and only he, voted for a fellow mafia member in this game. Nowhere does he say, "...voting for another fellow mafia (like my fellow scum buddies and I did in FMA Mafia).

We know TMS was scum, and we know MFS was scum. We know that TMS used that tactic a few days ago. This quote you provided serves in no way to put guilt on neither GWAF nor Furie. It could have been pure coincidence that they also voted for MFS. Just because TheMasterSword used that trick doesn't mean the other two did...

You have a right to be suspicious of GirlWithAFairy. Even I am. But I'd say for all the other stuff; this proves little to nothing.

Well OF COURSE he didn't say "me and my mafia buddies", because there were/are players who are playing both games. Both GWAF and Furie, two people who are playing both games along with TMS, voted for MFS. TMS obviously wasn't an idiot, considering he used an advanced tactic that we've only now found out about. Why would he blow the cover of his fellow mafia members? That's right, he wouldn't. Yes, yes it could be a pure coincidence that both Furie and GWAF voted for him, but at this stage almost nothing is a coincidence; it's done discreetly and on purpose.

I didn't understand Pendio's post at first, in fact it took me several minutes to brake it down and analyze it, but then that quote from TMS came up. What Pendio said began to click in and make sense. To those who apparently don't even understand the evidence, it's basically a confession from TMS stating that he did vote against his fellow mafia member. It's his confession that he used advanced tactics to make himself, and possibly others, to look innocent. Because of this, Pendio's theory pans out and becomes the truth, making both Furie and GWAF possible mafia members that could have conspired with TMS to lynch MFS.

Although I agree that this does not confirm they're mafia, it does however make me very curious as to what they may or may not be hiding. It may seem like a foolish thing to bring up to you, but to me it brings me one step closer to finding out the last two mafia members.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
So now we have two votes on my former foe, Viral, and two on Pendio's head. After applying significant pressure to Viral throughout the course of the past day, I've determined his play style is naturally aggressive and I doubt he's mafia. Pendio, on the other hand, has failed to coherently support his position. DH was on a roll regarding potential scum and was therefore seen as a threat to the mafia and night-killed. As highlighted by posters above, Pendio was among the suspicious DH accused.

My vote for Pendio stands.

Pen

The game is on!
Pendio, if I have this right, you think Atticus, Furie, ALIT, and Pokalink are town, right?
And your suspicion of GWAF purely extends from the fact that Darknut Hunter (now dead) was suspicious of her, and that she just happened to be on your scum list (alongside me, Draco, and Lord Death/Linkdude).

To answer your first question, I do not trust anyone. Right now though, I think that those you listed might be less likely to be Mafia. But I cannot be completely certain. Few of us can.

For the second one, I'm not suspicious of GWAF because DH was. I'm suspicious of her because DH was killed tonight and he was suspicious of her. It's a little different. She also voted for DH on day 1, and by doing so supporting Axle (the Mafia). And yes, I know I am guilty of both of those things as well, but that doesn't mean I cannot have major suspicions of her. However, there's also the fact that Atticus recently mentioned, the theory I brought up earlier about GWAF voting for MFS together with her fellow TMS.

There, I hope those were good enough answers for your questions. ^^

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of saying 'Player X died last night and was suspicious of Player Y, so lets be suspicious of Player Y too'. I feel like DH's suspicions are not damning on their own (its the same way I've said I felt about Kyby's suspicions on Day 2). Mafia could have easily killed DH and subtly pointed us in the direction of DH's (potentially innocent) suspects. But this is all very 'Wine in front of me'-ish, thus why I don't like this.

However, there's also the fact that Atticus recently mentioned, the theory I brought up earlier about GWAF voting for MFS together with her fellow TMS.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, which is why I asked you earlier what you thought about the MFS-wagon. But I don't fully believe GWAF is scum.

Because of this, Pendio's theory pans out and becomes the truth, making both Furie and GWAF possible mafia members that could have conspired with TMS to lynch MFS.

Although I agree that this does not confirm they're mafia, it does however make me very curious as to what they may or may not be hiding.
I'm glad someone else has been thinking about MFS's lynch the same way I have.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Im still wondering why the hell we are bringing what TMS said in another mafia, in which he could be scum as well, to incriminate me? Like seriously that makes so little sense its not even funny so lets stop bringing it up. Thats comparable to Jenn said this in the SB to Axle and he was scum! She must be scum too!

And since were using past suspicions still why dont we bring back Kyby who was suspicious of Draco. He also said he knew that DH wasnt scum and he also told said he was fairly certian I wasnt scum, essentially just a silly noob making mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom