• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
One example means nothing. I'm not saying for sure that Ky's suspiciouns are correct, like the players that the 7for7 case refers to. That would be stupid. It would be incredibly foolish to ignore Ky's other suspiciouns, as the chances more scum are on his list is good. Also, it's not just about luck, like the Link pointed out with the gambling reference; it's about skill. Ky is a fantastic player, and although we shouldn't follow him blindly, we should definitely listen to him. Also, since you're saying we shouldn't follow Ky, that makes me even more sure that one of the members on Ky's list is mafia. Conidering you defended two mafia members,

I didn't say we shouldn't follow Ky. Hell, I'm suspicious of Garo and was suspicious of you for most of yesterday. That's 2 people who were on Wyatt's list that I believe can be mafia.

I bolded the part in your quote were you reiterate my point (bolded below):
"Before we go on further about people on Ky's list being scummy because they're on Ky's list"
If there is reason to believe someone is scummy, great, vote em. Otherwise, following a list constructed by a player on Day 1 while the game is currently in Day 3 is a mistake in my opinion. Wyatt's list isn't a damning piece of evidence.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
So you think i'm scum, yet you take my advice. Interesting.

Also, Ky has two other suspects, yet you're only suspicious of me. You don't even consider the other two. Why is that? What you're doing is very odd considering pretty much your only reason for voting me is cause Ky said so. Besides, Ky suspected me least out of all of them. You're being completely illogical. It's quite possible that you're Mafia trying to get me lynched in the place of Viral, which would mean you two have been working together. This reinforces my suspiciouns against both of you.

One example means nothing. I'm not saying for sure that Ky's suspiciouns are correct, like the players that the 7for7 case refers to. That would be stupid. It would be incredibly foolish to ignore Ky's other suspiciouns, as the chances more scum are on his list is good. Also, it's not just about luck, like the Link pointed out with the gambling reference; it's about skill. Ky is a fantastic player, and although we shouldn't follow him blindly, we should definitely listen to him. Also, since you're saying we shouldn't follow Ky, that makes me even more sure that one of the members on Ky's list is mafia. Conidering you defended two mafia members,

Anyways, my 2 main suspects are Viral, and GWAF. I also think Linkdude and Garo might be good targets, mostly for being suspected by Ky, and because they're lurking.

Just because one is considered scum doesnt mean they dont give good advice that can be used against them and I stated in the beginning of the game that I prefer to work one suspect at a time than multiple thus why Im letting ALIT handle Viral and Im choosing to work you with my suspicions. It keeps me from getting overwhelmed with multiple people.

As previously stated, not scum but whatever.

Kirino

Tatakae
Just because one is considered scum doesnt mean they dont give good advice that can be used against them and I stated in the beginning of the game that I prefer to work one suspect at a time than multiple thus why Im letting ALIT handle Viral and Im choosing to work you with my suspicions. It keeps me from getting overwhelmed with multiple people.

Yes, but this is a specific example. I believe that people Ky suspected might be scum, and you agree. If I was scum, I would probably never say that if the people on that list were actually fellow mafia, as it would lead the town to their location. So if i'm Mafia, then it's highly unlikely that those members that I point out are Mafia as well, which means that agreeing with me when I say someone else might be scum doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you actually do think i'm Mafia.

Also, saying that you're town means absolutely nothing.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Hold on. I don't think Draco is scum. I suspected him earlier on, but after seeing a dead TMS, I don't think he's scum.

Let's look at it this way. TMS and Draco were at each others throats all day on Day 2. Considering votes were being thrown around, I don't think they were working together. Now some people are of the opinion that he may have been trying to cut ties so that he wouldn't be associated as mafia along with someone else, but if you look at when Draco started after TMS he had no reason to actually try and cut off ties with him. In essence, it would be a worthless, and quite frankly, stupid thing to do. Also there's this

I'm leaving to go to tennessee tomorrow. I will be inactive. Vote:Dracomjora.

MFS, as we all now know, was mafia. Considering his rather erratic playstyle, I doubt he'd go and vote that randomly against his own team. This is another reason for why I think Draco isn't scum. Of course I'm not completely on his side. I'd say I'm on the fence, but right now I feel like there are other anti-town that we can uncover as scum much easier.

Now, I'm not really focused on Ky's list anymore. Yes, we may have knocked off 3 of his list (Jedi, TMS, and one inactive/semi-inactive that happened to MFS), but I think that it was probably more of a lucky stretch and their play styles more than anything that got us to them (namely MFS, though whoever is the Vig must have used Ky's list and some skills of their own to take out the other two).

I myself believe that at least one of the other players who voted for me on Day 1 is scum. Logically it makes sense because of the fact that Axle, who we all know now was scum, made the vote while directing for the hammer. Clearly the hammer voting method was a call to get some of the scum to vote, insuring that I ended up dead. Now of all the people who participated back then I have my eye on a couple. Let me share a couple quotes.

For the time being Axle clearly has the most votes. To me it seems almost as if some of those who want to shorten the day want Axle dead. I'd like to keep the day's length as it is and maybe lynch Axle later in the game (unless he is proven innocent somehow before that). That way we can get some help from him before he dies, if he's a townie. However, we mustn't forget to lynch him towards the end, because if he is in fact a mafioso he is a great threat to us.

What if DH isnt calling them out? What if hes just playing a part of a plan? He could be deflecting onto others to hide that he is one of them. He did get awfully defensive there for a min, especially because of the FoS... Possibly because he slipped up? He could be using TMS and Durion as shields to make himself look like a townie and thats why he included them in the 3 mentioned... or they could be involved in the plan too. Hmmmm... where to go from here.

You could be targeting Axle because youre scum and you know hes a fairly good player(assuming what what others have said is true) If hes not scum he would be an asset to the townies therefore a target to be gotten rid of, thus why your focus has been on him from the get go...

Two of the votes on Axle are random anyways, and one was to put pressure. Also, does anyone know what happens in the case of a tie?

What happens with a tie? You break it.

Unvote: Violet
Vote: Dark_Hunter

Exhibit A, Pendio. Pendio has been somewhat noncommittal for much of the game, only choosing to vote on me. He kept saying he was pretty sure of MFS and Ky's scum list during Day 2, but also noted that he never felt enough evidence to vote for anyone. This wouldn't be odd to me if it weren't for that fact that MFS was top on the list of people to lynch on Day 2 and the whole Axle vs Me contest was going on during the end of Day 1. He wouldn't vote for Axle but immediately jumps on my case saying people who want to shorten the day must be scum. Turns out he was right on one of those people because TMS was another one who wanted a shorter day. So he has only voted on a lynch for innocent so far. I find that extremely scummy.

Next is Exhibit B, GWAF. GWAF's posts seemed adamant on proving that Axle wasn't scum. A little too adamant for my taste. Thus she's also going down on my list. Not only that but she says I'm using Druion and TMS as shields. Then when Draco asks about a tie breaker GWAF responds with that quote above. It has no basis on the vote, but is solely meant as a hammer. Now get ready for the clincher cause this will tie these two together and reveal who are most likely to be the final 3 members of the mafia in this game.

Pendio says that people who want the day to end early must be scum because they are trying to force a lynch on Axle. Axle turns up to be scum as we find out, so scum score rises there. Then, when Axle votes for me, he votes immediately after. Now keep in mind that TMS and Durion both voted for longer days AFTER I did. This was most likely to use ME as a shield so that people would think I wanted a shorter day and forget or just not pay attention to them voting for shorter days. So Pendio votes me when his reasoning for voting me could just as easily fit for TMS and Durion. Not only that, but GWAF says that I'm using TMS and Durion as shields. I don't believe in crazy super freak coincidences, and this is no exception. Here is my list of the final three mafia members.

Pendio
GirlWithAFairy
Durion

Not only that but I'm venturing out to say that either Pendio or Durion are Godfather.

DH, I doubt Pendio or Durion are the Godfather. The past few games, the Godfathers have been among the most active contributors. Ninten* and Thareous disguised themselves as townies in an attempt to subvert their opponents. Durion is more likely than Pendio to be Goddfather but I doubt such a significant figure would be so aloof from the game, pulling the strings from afar.

GirlWithAFairy said:

You seem resigned. You won't convince people with sentiments against you that you're not scum with a half hearted line like that.

Viral continues to dodge accusations against himself but the damage has already been done. Don't fly too close to the sun, your wings will burn off, and you'll drown in the sea below.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
DH, I doubt Pendio or Durion are the Godfather. The past few games, the Godfathers have been among the most active contributors. Ninten* and Thareous disguised themselves as townies in an attempt to subvert their opponents. Durion is more likely than Pendio to be Goddfather but I doubt such a significant figure would be so aloof from the game, pulling the strings from afar.

You may be right and I may not be on par there, but all three were tied back to each other multiple times earlier on. I think that it's too closely linked to look over I guess. I'll keep my eye out for both of them. And when they both come back in I'd enjoy hearing their defenses.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
You seem resigned. You won't convince people with sentiments against you that you're not scum with a half hearted line like that.

I know. Like I said, I feel like a hinderance ATM. Draco pointed out that I defended Axle in the beginning. My gut told me that Kyby was wrong because there wasnt any proof that Axle was scum. So I feel like I should ignore whatever preexisting notions I might have in my head and go with the guy who called it all the way to the end of day two.

Besides, it seems as if Draco is attempting to put words in my mouth by implying that I specifically stated things rather than speculated and he already said he doesnt believe in coincidences but hes practically ignored me the whole game up till I started mulling over the idea he was scum, which seems to me like he really wants the heat off his back and on to an easy target. What easier target than the person who was just thrown into the game? Could that be a coinkidink?

The tie-breaking thing was to keep the ball rolling rather than end stagnantly because no one really seemed to know what happened if there was a tie vote and with the previous complaints of other games being dead, Im not one to wait patiently.

My vote stands and Im mulling over role claiming because Im getting the vibe that even if there was noterized proof that Im not scum Draco would still call for my lynch but if I do that I run the risk of a night kill for outing myself. So its one of those ****ed if you do and ****ed if you dont situations wher Im wondering what would contribute more....

EBWODP- by Draco putting words in my mouth, I meant DH. Having a moment here but either way both of you are having at me so it all blends together.

Last edited:
Jenn, you're not defending yourself very well. Insisting you're not scum won't avert suspicion. What makes it worse is your previous adamant stance supporting Axle and current anti town positions. Even if you are not scum, you are presently a detriment to the town which will need to be handled after greater suspicions like Viral Maze are taken care of.

GirlWithAFairy said:
The tie-breaking thing was to keep the ball rolling rather than end stagnantly because no one really seemed to know what happened if there was a tie vote and with the previous complaints of other games being dead, Im not one to wait patiently.

Don't act reckless. Patience is perseverance in mafia as I learned two games back, jumping in early, posting frequently, sand ultimately being the first one lynched.

We're at a significant crossroads and we need you to support our initiative against Viral Maze. That will truly get the ball rolling.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Viral continues to dodge accusations against himself but the damage has already been done. Don't fly too close to the sun, your wings will burn off, and you'll drown in the sea below.

I think I've done well enough to defend myself. Why did I not vote MFS? I posted my reasons yesterday. I attributed his play to inexperience rather than scum. I guess I got comfortable with playing large games with many newbies (as a lot of the older ZD mafia game were), so MFS just slipped by. I tend to get night killed night 1/2 anyways, so I'm a bit rusty.
Anyways, that aside, I don't believe I will die today which may explain my nonchalant attitude. But that's also my playstyle (lolmeta).

DH, I noticed the same tie-breaker vote you quoted, which would normally have me voting GWAF, but I'm caught up on her being the 3rd and final vote for MFS. Why bus her scum partner, especially after they lost 2 members Day/Night 1? What does make me think she might be scum is that she thinks me and Draco are bussing each other...

I think I've done well enough to defend myself. Why did I not vote MFS? I posted my reasons yesterday. I attributed his play to inexperience rather than scum. I guess I got comfortable with playing large games with many newbies (as a lot of the older ZD mafia game were), so MFS just slipped by. I tend to get night killed night 1/2 anyways, so I'm a bit rusty.
Anyways, that aside, I don't believe I will die today which may explain my nonchalant attitude. But that's also my playstyle (lolmeta).

DH, I noticed the same tie-breaker vote you quoted, which would normally have me voting GWAF, but I'm caught up on her being the 3rd and final vote for MFS. Why bus her scum partner, especially after they lost 2 members Day/Night 1? What does make me think she might be scum is that she thinks me and Draco are bussing each other...

If you're not scum, then the opposite end of the barrel points to Draco who we have no clear lead on as of now. His aligning himself with Axle seems like nothing more than random voting with no clear mafia connection as he clear opposed other mafia members thereafter including TMS who clearly was not in the public suspicion until Draco's great offensive.

Viral, you certainly could have gained townie points by voting MFS but as you maintained, you're rusty after not playing for so long and perhaps you didn't want to follow suit with TMS. Two scum following the same tactic can be catastrophic for the mafia.

Viral Maze said:
I don't believe I will die today

Enter Sherlock Holmes. Procure the evidence or meet the light.

Pen

The game is on!
Exhibit A, Pendio. Pendio has been somewhat noncommittal for much of the game, only choosing to vote on me. He kept saying he was pretty sure of MFS and Ky's scum list during Day 2, but also noted that he never felt enough evidence to vote for anyone. This wouldn't be odd to me if it weren't for that fact that MFS was top on the list of people to lynch on Day 2 and the whole Axle vs Me contest was going on during the end of Day 1. He wouldn't vote for Axle but immediately jumps on my case saying people who want to shorten the day must be scum. Turns out he was right on one of those people because TMS was another one who wanted a shorter day. So he has only voted on a lynch for innocent so far. I find that extremely scummy.

I have not only voted for you DH, I have also voted for Viral Maze in this game. And my suspicions for MFS towards the end of day 2 were so strong that I was actually just about to vote for him when the day ended. Not to mention, it was actually I who lead the voting process against MFS. It was not until I laid out the evidence against him that other people became suspicious of him, and some even voted for him (Furie, GirlWithAFairy as well as TheMasteSword for some reason).

And on day 1 I voted for you because of explained reasons. I took Axle's party then because (as I've said numerous times before) if he was a townie he could really help us out, and I saw no good reason to vote for him. Also, it was only day 1, most people usually vote for innocents on day one because the game hasn't been going very long, and most of the players are innocent.

Pendio says that people who want the day to end early must be scum because they are trying to force a lynch on Axle. Axle turns up to be scum as we find out, so scum score rises there. Then, when Axle votes for me, he votes immediately after. Now keep in mind that TMS and Durion both voted for longer days AFTER I did. This was most likely to use ME as a shield so that people would think I wanted a shorter day and forget or just not pay attention to them voting for shorter days. So Pendio votes me when his reasoning for voting me could just as easily fit for TMS and Durion. Not only that, but GWAF says that I'm using TMS and Durion as shields. I don't believe in crazy super freak coincidences, and this is no exception. Here is my list of the final three mafia members.

Did I really say that "people who want the day to end early must be scum"? Well, if I did I apologize. My vote for you was cast not only because you wanted to shorten the day when you did, but also because you voted with not so good evidence and you accused your accusers. Neither TMS or Durion did any such thing. Again, it was just day one, and there was no real evidence against Axle then. I do not at the moment think that you are scum, Darknut_Hunter, but I fail to see the connection you try to make between me and the other two. The connection between GWAF and Durion sounds somewhat reasonable, but as I said, I don't see how I fit in there.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Jenn, you're not defending yourself very well. Insisting you're not scum won't avert suspicion. What makes it worse is your previous adamant stance supporting Axle and current anti town positions. Even if you are not scum, you are presently a detriment to the town which will need to be handled after greater suspicions like Viral Maze are taken care of.

Ok see your version of anti-town and mine arent meeting in a middle ground here so:
ALIT suspects Viral
Jenn suspects Draco
Draco suspects Me and Viral
DH suspectd Me Druion and Pendio
Pendio suspects Viral and DH based on the last post, maybe Im wrong?
Viral suspects Garo

And as for the rest they havent posted much like Polkalink, he was kinda like an ER dr, in and out and didnt have much to say....

Why do I think Draco is scum? Heres just a few reasons:
*First post is a commenta about how "town people can just murder like this"
*Votes for Raindrop-part of the playing it safe scumy tact so that no one can point fingers at him
*The way hes quick to jump on anyone who thinks hes scum, even when Garo just called him "skittish"
*He was adamant that DH was scum but the second day 2 started it was all about TMS
*He stated there isnt much to prove hes town then goes on to state that there int evidence against him because all hes really done is bounced around pointing fingers at others
*Day 2 he ended with being pretty verbal about thinking Viral and MFS were scum BUT never voted?
Note-Still in the air whether I think that him basically stating many of the things Axle stated was a slip up or just a way to say "Why would I do that if it got Axle lynched?" because everyone would ponder that no one could be that dumb.

Draco has done nothing but divert attention away from himself while stating hes town but not really sticking with anything at all nor really defending the town and IMO, diversion and playing hop-scotch seems to be the typical scum tact thus far. Why would a townie accuse and not vote? Thats my biggest question ATM.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
No, I do not suspect DH. I think he's town, but I cannot be entirely sure. However, I believe there's a possibility that at least one of the remaining three on Kybyrian's list of scum is mafia.

Ok, I wasnt sure if I was gauging you right based on you saying you had voted for DH and for Viral... Thats why Im trying to make a list of who thinks what.

Kirino

Tatakae
*First post is a commenta about how "town people can just murder like this"

And? I was talking if Mafia was actually real life. You're trying to find evidence where there is none.

*Votes for Raindrop-part of the playing it safe scumy tact so that no one can point fingers at him

That makes absolutely no sense. Raindrop is the mod of the game, it's a random joke vote. You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

*The way hes quick to jump on anyone who thinks hes scum, even when Garo just called him "skittish"

It's called defending myself.

*He was adamant that DH was scum but the second day 2 started it was all about TMS

That's because Axle's death signifigantly decreased the odds of DH being scum. I was also suspicious of TMS at the end of day 1.

*He stated there isnt much to prove hes town then goes on to state that there int evidence against him because all hes really done is bounced around pointing fingers at others

Bounced around? I've been mostly consistent. Pointing fingers at each other is how you play Mafia.

*Day 2 he ended with being pretty verbal about thinking Viral and MFS were scum BUT never voted?

My vote wasn't going to change anything, and I had multiple suspects.

Draco has done nothing but divert attention away from himself while stating hes town but not really sticking with anything at all nor really defending the town and IMO, diversion and playing hop-scotch seems to be the typical scum tact thus far. Why would a townie accuse and not vote? Thats my biggest question ATM.

I don't vote on the slightest bit of evidence. I am careful with my votes, and don't vote for no reason.

Note-Still in the air whether I think that him basically stating many of the things Axle stated was a slip up or just a way to say "Why would I do that if it got Axle lynched?" because everyone would ponder that no one could be that dumb.

I never said that. I said why would I make it so obvious that me and Axle were partners on day 1 on the slightest suspicion? Why would I just go and defend a fellow Mafia member like that, and make our connection so incredibly obvious? That would be very, very, VERY stupid if I were Mafia. Both of us would probably die. I'm a somewhat experienced player, and I wouldn't make such a stupid decision if I knew Axle was scum.

Also, I haven't flip-flopped. During day one, I was for lynching DH, and against lynching Axle. That remained until the end of day one, until the results twisted completely, in which case Axle was proven Mafia, and DH was shown to most likely be town. The, I suspected TMS, as he was obviously scum, and VM and MFS. I haven't flip-flopped at all, and saying I did is just plain stupid. I haven't diverted attention either. I constantly brought the suspicions against me up. Your suspicions are just plain lies, and make no sense.

Riddle me this: why would I get TMS and MFS killed if I were Mafia? The Mafia was doing awful, so if I were Mafia, I would never get two of my fellow Mafia members lynched. Also, like Ky said, it only makes sense that out of me and TMS, one would be town, and one would be Mafia. It only takes a bit of logic to figure out that this is most likely true, and TMS was scum.

All of the "evidence" you have against me, is just you looking at every single sentence, making things up and giving one small possible reason that I could be Mafia if you look closely.

I suppose there is a little bit of small evidence against me, if you look really closely, but the evidence in favor of me being town majorly outweighs the evidence against me.

I think GWAF would be a good nightkill target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom