• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't like this whole quote. You say at one point you think I'm scum, along with MFS, and yet you don't vote for me (or him)? Because you want me to reveal my reasons? Either I'm scum and I'm lying (meaning my reasons are ********), thus you vote for me; or you don't think I'm scum/are on the fence and let me defend myself. You're trying too hard to be a townie.

I don't vote for you because I have two other suspects. If you were my only suspect, I would vote for you. Also, i'm not letting you state your reasons to be nice. I can only be certain you are Mafia if you roleclaim, and until you do, I don't see anything putting you very high above TMS and MFS.

By defending Axle adamantly, you're potentially scum.

Did you not see the absolutely ridiculous "evidence" against Axle? Of course I defended him, as he had almost no evidence gainst him. What did you expect me to do? You said it yourself, Ky's reasons were weak, and he refused to state most of his reasons. Anyone who has no evidence pointing either way has about a 70% chance to be town. It was more likely Axle was town than Mafia at the time. Also, he was an experienced player, which means his death, if he turned up town, would be very bad for the town. All I did was try to stop a lynch that would most likely end up being detrimental to the town. I have already explained my actions multiple times, and it was only logical to defend an experienced person with no evidence against him, as a bandwagon was quickly forming against him.

Think about it logically. I am a somewhat good and experienced Mafia player. I have played at least 7 games. With that in mind, do you really think I'd be stupid enough to adamantally defend my Mafia partner at the slightest hint of suspicion? No. If we were both Mafia, would I make it so incredibly obvious that we were mafia partners? No. I had no idea that Axle was scum, he was an experienced Mafia player, he was most likely town, and he was being unjustly accused. Of course I defended him.

Also, Axle used words similar to the bolded in your above post prior to his death.

FoS: DracoMajora

And? They're barley even similar.

Me:"Well of course I won't recommend lynching myself."

Axle:"I don't want to die, and I want DH to die."

What kind of logic is this where everything Axle said is automatically scummy or suspicious just because he turned Mafia? The only thing in common are that I don't want to get myself lynched, and Axle doesn't want to die. Nobody wants to die. Nobody. Wether you're town, mafia, or third party, you don't want to die. There is absolutely nothing suspicious about wanting to live, and like I said, they're barley related.All you did was take two quotes, found a slight similarity in them, and said it was suspicious.

Also, anyone siding with Viral Maze on this is an idiot, or Mafia. Or both. He has yet to even give any evidence that warrants a vote on me, or even actual suspicioun. Nobody has, but VM hasn't given a single reason for his vote on me, besides defending Axle, which is a stupid reason to vote for me. Also, VM completely dodged Thareous's question. I've already stated my suspicions, so might as well make them formal.

FoS: TheMasterSword, Viral Maze, and MonkeyFightSquad

I noticed that Viral Maze said that he thought both were TMS and MFS were townie, leading me to further assume a connection between the 3, that they all are Mafia. I know for sure that at least one of them is.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Viral Maze, I don't know what kind of game you're trying to play. It could be that you have your own plan and don't want to get caught up in a side discussion about whether or not you're with Mafia, but the way that you go about it is very peculiar. Treating me like some kind of ghost offers nothing that would satiate my rising distrust of your objectives. I'd only ask for a succor to hold my actions at bay...

If you won't impart evidence on why you feel Draco is scum, then will you at least substantially tell why you still maintain the vote toward him?

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I noticed that Viral Maze said that he thought both were TMS and MFS were townie, leading me to further assume a connection between the 3, that they all are Mafia. I know for sure that at least one of them is.

As far as Monkey is involved, I just said his actions seem to stem from inexperience, rather than being Mafia. He could easily be mafia, but I believe there are bigger targets out there for Day 2 than Monkey who only has 5 posts, 2 of which lack any substance. I misspoke/miswrote when I said Durion and Monkey are leaning townie. Only Durion is leaning townie for me, out of those two. Monkey just seems like a bad Day 2 lynch since his posts make it apparent he lacks experience and comfortablity which is not a scumtell.

I'd like to see some evidence of Durion and Monkey "leaning town" as you call it.

They have 12 posts between the two of them. I'm sure you can go back and read their posts.
REMINDER: For those who don't know, if you go to the main Mafia subforum page, beside the thread title it says 'Replies' and 'Views'. If you click 'Replies' it opens up a box that shows everyone who posted, how many times they posted, and links to all their posts.

That said, I'll answer your question. Durion is leaning town solely on the basis that he voted for Owen on Day 1. There are a few things with his posts I don't like, but currently, he did the town a larger favour than not. Could his vote have been mafia bussing mafia? Totally. Any reason for me to believe that it was? None, if you don't include paranoia.
As for Monkey, lets break this down step by step so you can see my actual thought process:
Post 1: Early day 1 fluff. Nothing scummy.
Post 2: Random drop-in. Vote for DM, and saying he is leaving for Tennessee. Doesn't seem very scummy, especially noting Axle's reactions to DM yesterday. Of course he voted DM after Garo's post calling out DM's 'skittish'-ness but that's not a scummy move. Voting for Darknut Hunter would have been a bigger scum-tell (since that was the time when the DH-wagon started to pick up speed, with Owen at the head of it).
Post 3: A vote for ALIT after ALIT says he wants to learn Thareous's role. Definitely not scummy. Like at all. Probably the only 'town' thing Monkey has done.
Post 4: Now I'll admit, this is an odd post. Says he thinks either ALIT or Thar are scum (or both?) and then says he's gonna read the thread, blah blah. Again, not exactly scummy. Screams inexperience more-so than scum.
Post 5: Just a random post about double posting and not editing. Nothing here, like post 1.

3 posts with substance. 3 posts that scream inexperience. Now inexperienced town or inexperienced scum is the main question here. I can't say for sure, but I feel like if he was mafia his playstyle and voting patterns would be far worse. Definitely a player to watch, but not one to lynch yet.

So what is it about those posts that you found so very scummy, Furie?

If you won't impart evidence on why you feel Draco is scum, then will you at least substantially tell why you still maintain the vote toward him?

I maintained my vote for one reason - pressure. I asked all the questions I asked for the exact same reason.
Surprisingly to me, I'm actually satisfied with Draco's answers. Do I think he is scum? There is a chance. But I'm not as sure as I was.

I'd rather focus more on Garo now for whatever that is worth, 3 hours away from deadline. Personally I think there is a good chance at least one more person on the DH bandwagon is scum.
5 - Darknut_Hunter (Axle the Beast, Pendio, GaroXicon, Dracomajora, GirlWithAFairy)

After Owen voted DH, the next dew votes got added decently quickly. Not saying it's a 100% chance that one of them is scum, but the remaining 4 should be high on anyone's scum list.

Unvote since Draco seems more townie now than before. As I do this, I ask: does anyone have any idea why a mafia member would so vehemently defend another mafioso during Day 1. Serious question, think about it.

Vote: Garo for lurking an awful lot, acting almost 'too townie', voting for DH and then saying he doesn't necessarily think DH is scum (to cover his tracks maybe since I'm almost damn sure DH is town), having a very odd Day 2 opening post, subtly defending Owen Day 1 and not committing to a vote either way until Owen started the DH-wagon, and for not actively scum-hunting at all.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I'm dreadfully sorry for the delay, but my internet went out.

Current vote tally:

3 - MonkeyFightSquad (Furie, TheMasterSword, GirlWithAFairy)
1 - A Link In Time (MonkeyFightSquad)
1 - GaroXicon (Viral Maze)

As the day went on most of the town decided to sit back and watch the goings on, deciding not to participate, as the game of cat and mouse went on. As Twilight came upon them the girl re-appeard and they all fell silent. Finally one of them spoke up.

“We have come to our conclusion miss.”

The town fell silent as they waited for the outcome.

“MonkeyFightSquad is mafia!” Furie shouted, pointing to the accused man.

MonkeyFightSquad stood up, and walked foreward.

“I see. Come with me for your lynching,” the girl said to MonkeyFightSqaud.

“Oh, you don’t get it do you? You see, I won’t be going to be lynched. I’m going to live!”

Monkey gave out a shrill evil laugh as his appearance changed. His waist got thinner, his arms more slender. And his hair fell down to his waist. But he was no longer the appearance of a man. Rather that of a woman, with a tattoo on her chest.

“I see, so you are who they say you are,” the girl said, smirking with her hands at her side.

“Yes, and now all you humans will perish!”

Lust lunged forward at the woman, and stabbed her fingers into her gut. The woman screamed out in pain, and struggled to get the homunculus off. The town looked on in horror, unmoving. When Three of them leaped at her and pulled Lust off.

The woman gasped, and held her hand at her open wound. Lust screamed in anger, throwing herself around trying to get free. The woman stood up warily, a glowing knife in her hand. She limped forward, her right hand on the wound, the other hand clutching the knife that would end this.

Lust screamed and struggled to get away from the knife, but as the girl drew nearer Lust grew weaker.

“What is that made of!” Lust shouted in agony.

“Your doom, Lust.”

The woman thrust the knife down into Lusts gut, the center where the stone was keeping her alive. As the knife pierced the stone, Lust shouted out with the voice of a banshee. Everyone plugged their ears, not wanting to hear the cry. The voice faded as Lust’s body fell to dust. The philosopher’s stone disintegrated and disappeared along with what Lust had been.

The towns’ folk stood there staring at the bleeding woman. She gave them all a stern look, and then headed off.

“But miss, your hurt-”

“Go home. You’ll need to protect yourselves tonight.”

Everyone just stood there as the limped away, leaving a trail of blood for all to see.

Night fell upon them, and they hurried to their homes, hoping against hope that they would not suffer the same fate as their companion Kybyrian had.

MonkeyFightSquad was Lust, a mafia member

Please send me your PMs, those who have power roles. No need to rush, but I would like to get the next day going in a timely fashion. ;)

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Father was not happy at all about these numbers. He paced the room furiously, with his hands behind his back, while the other homunculi sat around, waiting orders of what to do.

“Those insolent humans, thinking they can get away with three deaths! Three, do you hear me! Well I will not stand for this any longer, this must end or they will all certainly perish a most painful death.”

“Perhaps we can kill a few tonight, Father,” Pride had the courage to say.

“Yes, but we’d need to be careful. Last time that scarred man found us and killed Gluttony. I will have none of you failing tonight.”

“If I may be so bold as to ask, aren’t we here to collect the Elric brothers?” Wrath stated.

“Yes, but now we need to focus on getting out of here. We can wait a few more years for another sacrifice,” Father said, still pacing.

“Then who would you like to kill Father?”

“I don’t know. But it doesn’t really matter does it? Kill anyone you like, just make sure that scarred man doesn’t appear again.”

“Yes Father. I will carry out the death tonight, as I am fairly skilled in the sword,” Wrath flipped his sword around to show he had years of practice with it.

“Then go, and be quick.”

Father waved Wrath off to do the bidding. As Wrath quietly searched the houses, he noticed one of the towns people lurking around outside. Wrath quickly hid in the shadows to not be seen, as the boy looked up. He seemed only to be about the age of fifteen. Wrath smiled at the thought of this being an easy kill.

But what Wrath wanted to know, is what the boy was doing out here. Did he loose something? As the boy drew nearer he could make out his features better. He had blond hair, all wrapped up in a loose braid at the back. His eyes were hard to make out, as they moved around too much, but Wrath say a glint of honey in them.

The boy was also wearing a long red coat, and strangely, white gloves. It was not cold outside, so this appearance puzzled him. Suddenly the boy stopped. He looked directly in Wrath’s direction. The boy smiled, with an air of satisfaction.

“Ha, I knew I’d find one of you lurking around here,” the boy said.

Wrath could no longer hide it, as the boy knew he was there. He came out with sword in hand, and the same air of delight on his face.

“It seems you have more courage than the others, boy.”

“Yeah well, I couldn’t just stand by and hope for the best while watching friends drop like flies.”

“I see. Well, then I’m glad I can re-unite you with them tonight.”

“Oh it won’t be that easy to beat me old man,” the boy said, laughing at Wrath’s remark.

“And why not?”

“Let’s just say I’ve got fate on my side.”

And quicker than anyone could have breathe the boy was at Wrath, and cutting at his skin. Although Wrath, being a homunculus, was quick also, and was able to block all of the boy’s hits. As they fought, Wrath noticed that the boy had been using his arm. But there was something else on his arm, and extension?

The boy cut and stabbed at Wrath, as Wrath could only block and dodge. As the night went on, with only a few cuts from either side, they began to get weary. When they both stopped for a breath, each still keeping his guard, Wrath decided to take a closer look at the boy’s arm.

“Automail huh?” Wrath said, panting.

“Yeah,” the boy replied, out of breath. “My mechanic made it special.”

“What happened, you lose an arm?”

“No, but I did learn a lesson.”

“Ah, so you did the most unforgivable thing an alchemist could do? Perform human transmutation.” Wrath smiled.

“What’s it to you buddy?”

“Then that means we’ve found you. You are Edward Elric, the sacrifice we’ve been looking for.”

“Sacrifice? What-“

Wrath went at him faster than ever, and this time Ed didn’t have time to dodge. The sword went straight through him, blood spurting out everywhere. Edward looked with wide eyes, giving out a painful gasp.

“Too bad we don’t need you anymore,” Wrath said in his ear.

Wrath pulled out the bloody sword, and Edward fell to the ground in his own blood.

“Y-you…”

The last words of Edward Elric were not heard, as his life was being sucked from him. And the very last thing Edward saw in the darkness was Wrath’s smile, and the bloody sword, dripping what had been in him before.

As Wrath looked on in satisfaction at Edward Elric, dying in the dirt he heard a noise.

“Who goes there?” Wrath commanded, whirling around in every direction.

It came out of nowhere, it seemed, as Wrath was gripped on the face, and a bright light was shone in his eyes. It was all over before he knew it, and life ended for him there.

Of course there was a loud commotion, and all the towns people came rushing out. The battle between Wrath and Edward had lasted almost the whole night, and dawn now drew upon them. Everyone screamed and cried as they saw the body.

But before anyone could go near Edward’s body, the girl from before came rushing out.

“Stand back!” She called.

Everyone made room, and she ran to Edward’s side. There was a deep cut in his stomach, and his eyes were open with a look of shock. She reverently closed his eyes, and picked him up. All the towns’ people moved for her to get through, and she went in the direction of the graveyard.

When she arrived, she found that the rest of the town had followed her, although she carried out her intent. As she finished burying the hole, she turned to them.

“We must go back, and continue with today.”

“But-” One of them spoke up.

“Do you want to get rid of the evils that surround you?” She waited, but only found silence. “Go back, and decide once more what you will do.”

She went to where they had been the other day, and they all gathered to decide again. Then she looked around at them.

“Excuse me miss, but who was that boy?” Pendio ventured to ask.

“He was Edward Elric, a town’s man trying to help you people. But there was one more who died last night,” She added. “He was not of the town, I know that. Judging by the numbers now you have been lowered by two, and not one. My guess is that the other was Wrath, one of your foes.”

Some of the town looked gladdened, yet sad at the loss as well.

“Carry on, and I shall be back at dusk,” the girl said, as she left them then.

They all noticed she had a sort of limp to her, and saw the blood where Lust had pierced her skin before. But before anyone could go to her, she disappeared as quickly as she’d come.

They gathered around each other, closer now that the numbers were fewer, and began the process once more.

TheMasterSword was Wrath, a mafia member
Thareous was Edward Elric the Town Hero

The living(15):
Dracomajora
A Link In Time
Darknut_Hunter
Furie
GaroXicon
Fig
Linkdude74
Durion
Pendio
PokaLink
PK Flash
Rachel
zelda_geek
Viral Maze
GirlWithAFairy

The dead:
Axle the Beast - Sloth_mafia member [Lynched day 1]
Kybyrian - Ling Yao_vanilla townie [Night-killed night 1]
Jedizora - Gluttony_mafia Strongman [Night-killed night 1]
MonkeyFightSquad - Lust_mafia member [Lynched dday 2]
Thareous - Edward Elric_Town Hero [Night-killed night 2]
TheMasterSword - Wrath_mafia member [Night-killed night 2]

With 15 alive it takes 8 votes for a majority lynch.

I have a few notes as to mod-kills. There are people who have dropped out, and one person who was inactive the entire day period of day two. However, I did not receive a response as to if he still wants to play, so I decided not to mod-kill Linkdude74. As for those who dropped out, there are four of them. I’m not going to do mod-killing yet, as I will give a chance for getting replacements. But just know, that they are not playing the game, and will not be held accountable for any inactivity at the moment.

Fig
PK Flash
Rachel
zelda_geek

They dropped out. And if you know of anyone who wants to play mafia, please say so and invite them, because four players is a fairly large number for this size game.

Day ends on 12/26/2012 at 11:00PM ET.

Last edited:

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Rainy, MFS is still in your list of the living. He's in your dead list, too (which is correct)

Kirino

Tatakae
Fantastic. I don't know who killed TMS, but i'm glad. Maybe the Vig? The Serial Killer? Maybe he listen to me, or acted on his own. It's a shame that Thareous died though. Does anyone know what a hero is? I searched the Mafia Wiki and couldn't find it.

Anyways, my three main suspicions were MFS, TMS, and Viral. Two of them were proven scum, and Viral's chances of being scum have been reduced after listing his reasons for suspecting me, though i'm still suspicious of him. I'll go look through the thread and see if I can find anything.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Fantastic. I don't know who killed TMS, but i'm glad. Maybe the Vig? The Serial Killer? Maybe he listen to me, or acted on his own. It's a shame that Thareous died though. Does anyone know what a hero is? I searched the Mafia Wiki and couldn't find it.

1) I'm guessing vig cause all kills seem to be pro town.

2) Same here. I looked on the wiki and googled it and couldn't find it. Rainy, is it possible for you to tell us what this role was?

Anyway, I think we need to look at those who targeted me earlier, not out of revenge but simply because it's likely at least one more is mafia. Statistically, it would make sense.

Kirino

Tatakae
With 4 Mafia members dead, we know that there's at least two left. The Godfather(father) and one more(Pride). I don't know that much about FMA, but Pride spoke during the conversation had with the Mafia, and we've known about Father since the beginning.

Anyways, i've noticed that Durion has been very quiet lately. It's been quite a while since he last posted. Seems odd that he's lurking, especially with so much going on. Then again, I haven't seen him around ZD much lately either, so it's very possible that he's just busy. With the 4 that have dropped out, and all the people lurking, I encourage more activity. Inactivity is bad, and gets the town nowhere. Please post if you're inactive.

Considering Viral Maze defended both of my suspiciouns, TMS and MFS, both of which were Mafia, I believe he might be Mafia as well. He didn't react like I expected to, but maybe that's just because I figured him out, and he tried to pin his actions on pressuring me.

Also, I can't help but wonder what about Thareous made him a good target for a Mafia nightkill. Maybe he was onto something, or coversely, the Mafia are trying to frame someone. Maybe it was just because he was an experienced player. Then again, I believe Durion and Garo are even more experienced, not to mention Durion was the one who started the bandwagon on Axle. I'd think both of those would be a better target than Thar, as I see nothing that would lead the Mafia to believe that Thar had a power role. Both Garo and Durion might have not gotten nightkilled because they were Mafia members, and maybe they're trying to lay low and let us fight it out while they pick off townies in the shadows. Then again, they were inactive, so maybe the Mafia just felt it wasn't worth it.

There really isn't all that much to go off of right now, but my main, and pretty much only suspect is Viral. I also have some minor suspicion on Durion and Garo.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Rainy, is it possible for you to tell us what this role was?

I believe it's not against the rules, so I shall explain. A Town Hero is protected from being lynched. It is to be helpful to the town, so they may find scum, and not lynch a townie. Although, he is not immune to night-killing. That is what a Town Hero is. ;)

That's a huge development to take in. The problem with the four inactive players is impeding the game if they possess an important role. What if one of the Mafia is lurking amiss their ranks? I hope you get this sorted out, Rainy, and if not resort to modkills because inactivity may dampen the experience significantly.

Among the remaining living, I suspect there are three living-the Godfather-Father-as well as his scum goons-the Homunculi, Envy and Pride. Additionally, I believe there may be a cult in this game due to Greed's disobedience in the anime although no evidence has bolstered this conclusion thus far and Rainy may not have experience with incorporating third party rogue factions in mafia games.

There's a slightly better than 25% chance that anyone remaining is a member of the Mafia. I was hesitant on the debate emerging between Draco and Viral Maze last night but I'm almost certain now that Viral is scum and pressuring him is the optimal method to proceed.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I could give a long explanation about my inactivity, including finals, packing, travel, shopping, etc., but the truth is that I just haven't had anything to say. I rarely say anything in mafia games, because voicing any minor suspicions I may have just tells the person what they need to stop doing to avoid suspicion. Instead, I tend to stick to the shadows and only post when I have a significant case to be made against them that will require a significant defense rather than just a minor shift in playstyle. Thus far, no player has been particularly suspicious to the point that I have reached that point, and thus I have been a quiet observer. Several of you have mentioned that I have been viewing the thread; this is true. I just have nothing significant to add; only small things I have been monitoring.

That said, I am a bit dismayed about Viral's behavior yesterday. He had suspicions of Draco for much of the day despite not providing elaboration for these suspicions. He asked me whether I would go after Draco or TheMasterSword, and after answering TheMasterSword, he maintained his suspicions of Draco and ignored my answer despite asking for it several times. Then, three hours before the deadline, after people had voiced suspicions of his lack of elaboration regarding his vote for Draco, he switched his vote, citing only "Draco seems more like a townie", and then voted for me based on suspicions he had not voiced prior. While this may seem somewhat hypocritical given the way that I play (as I just stated in this very post!), the concern I have rests mostly on his deeming of my opening Day 2 post as "strange" despite asking for clarification and then stating that he agreed with me. It just seems awfully like a desperate attempt to deflect suspicions of him at the last minute, while possibly attempting to hammer a vote on me (given that MFS was lynched with only two votes). I don't necessarily think he's scum, it just seems like a knee-jerk reaction.

If you have any further concerns about my past actions, I assure you that I have played precisely as I usually do, and will do my best to continue to allay your concerns.

Right now I advise we pressure Viral for more information regarding his suspicions and erratic behavior at the end of day 2. The night actions don't seem particularly revealing, which unfortunately leaves us pretty much where we left off yesterday.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Why would I attempt to defend MFS, a regular mafia goon (not even a power-role) if I am mafia too? It makes no sense. Easier for me to vote him, and gain "town-points" (something TMS did). I'd hate to give you guys a WIFOM, but there it is.
But MFS caught me off-guard. Thought he was more inexperienced than scum.

I'm almost certain now that Viral is scum and pressuring him is the optimal method to proceed.

Then vote me :dry:

the concern I have rests mostly on his deeming of my opening Day 2 post as "strange" despite asking for clarification and then stating that he agreed with me. It just seems awfully like a desperate attempt to deflect suspicions of him at the last minute, while possibly attempting to hammer a vote on me (given that MFS was lynched with only two votes). I don't necessarily think he's scum, it just seems like a knee-jerk reaction.

I can reveal my reasons for being suspicious of Draco now, since it doesn't matter much, if you guys really do still care. I need to re-read the thread, so I'm scrapping my previous suspicions.
Me asking you who you'd vote for had no baring on my vote, but just wanted to see what would do, so I can relate it back to who flipped what later on in the game because as I said, I have my suspicions of your role.

Raindrop, ALIT brings up a good point if a mafia member is among their ranks, also since they will not be voting, making the majority lynch harder to reach (but with these 'highest vote lynches' I guess that point really doesn't matter).

Viral Maze said:
Then vote me

I refuse to vote for someone unless I'm absolutely certain they's scum. Given your defense of now deceased mafia members, I have strong suspicions about your allegiance but I will not cast my vote until more information about the situation is gleaned. Even if you are mafia and we lynch you, the town would have nowhere to go with few developments of interest surfacing as of late.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I'm a little confused. If we're pretty sure Viral is scum, why should we push him? Why not start discussing the in actives, hopefully getting them to come into the conversation? Inactives like GirlWithAFairy and Durion? Both of which have had the FoS before if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom