• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

FSA Ganondorf from Someone Who Knows Nothing About FSA

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
So I haven't played FSA yet- the structure of the game doesn't appeal to me, and I really don't plan to ever buy it. What I do know, however, is that FSA's Ganondorf goes to the Pyramid of Power and gets the Trident of Power, which evidently makes him into Ganon.

So, uh, assuming there's a period of time between the timeline split and Ganondorf's capture, what makes it impossible/implausible that his FSA mischief isn't what he was arrested for in the CT? Why can't FS/FSA be between MM and TP?

I'll be honest- I don't know anything about FSA, and I'd really like to know more about FS/FSA before I try my hand at putting together my own timeline. I feel that, given what we know, most timelines are fundamentally the same except for the placement of FS/FSA. So can somebody put up kind of a comprehensive list of timeline-notable facts about FSA for me to work with? I've pretty much got my main timeline figured out, so I just need the info on the two games I don't intend to play in order to finish it up.

Steve

5/19/13
Four Swords Adventures basically reintroduces Ganondorf, which is why many believe it to be the same Ganon, but a different Ganondorf. He becomes Ganon at the end, so therefore Twilight Princess couldn't possibly be after FSA.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
Ganon/dorf dies in TP. In FSA I assumed that it was a nes Ganondorf. Otherwise, Ganondorf magically came out of no where. Plus, Ganon/dorf doesn't really have the Trident in OoT.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Ganon/dorf dies in TP. In FSA I assumed that it was a nes Ganondorf. Otherwise, Ganondorf magically came out of no where. Plus, Ganon/dorf doesn't really have the Trident in OoT.

Exactly, plus, there are tons of in-game quotes saying that it was Ganondorf who went to the Desert of Doubt and into the Pyramid and got the Trident of Power.
The Trident of Power seems like a vessel to the spirit of Ganon.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Since he dies in TP, and assuming that it's the same Ganondorf, perhaps his transformation to Ganon was somehow reversible. If the Trident of Power is the source of Ganon, then it should be assumed that, given Ganondorf's transformations in both timelines (OoT AT, TP CT), he would have had to acquire the Trident beforehand. Perhaps the Trident was one of his goals in addition to the Triforce. If that were the case, it stands to reason that he would have acquired it sometime during the seven years that he ruled the world in OoT. In the CT, he may have acquired it before his execution- perhaps the very reason for it.

This is all on two assumptions- that Ganon cannot exist without the Trident of Power, and that Ganondorf would have the ability to control his transformation. A third assumption would be that FSA's ending allows for Ganondorf to be judged and executed, and I again don't know how FSA ends. So, what happens at the end of FSA (which assuming the Ganon transformation is reversible, could still lead to TP)?

My theory on him is that he sent Dark Link to trick Link into pulling out the Four Sword, thus releasing Vaati and supplying more minions to fight off the Links and distract them. After the Links completely destroy Vaati, Ganon retrieves the trident of power and uses it in the final battle between him and the Links. Ganon is eventually defeated and sealed into the Four Sword, which Link puts back into the pedestal. This would mean FSA would have to be at the end of a timeline unless another game about how Ganon escapes would be made.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
My theory on him is that he sent Dark Link to trick Link into pulling out the Four Sword, thus releasing Vaati and supplying more minions to fight off the Links and distract them. After the Links completely destroy Vaati, Ganon retrieves the trident of power and uses it in the final battle between him and the Links. Ganon is eventually defeated and sealed into the Four Sword, which Link puts back into the pedestal. This would mean FSA would have to be at the end of a timeline unless another game about how Ganon escapes would be made.

Well,99% of what you said is not a theory, it's in-game depiction of what happened.
The last sentence sounds pretty, but the GBA version of ALttP has the broken four sword on the Four Sword Palace, located on the Pyramid of Power

^Considering GBA LttP came out like 2 years before FSA, and FSAs story was completely scrapped and redone just a few months before it came out, I HIGHLY doubt that the Palace of the FS has anything to do with... well... anything.

Also, you didn't answer:
You said:
The Trident of Power seems like a vessel to the spirit of Ganon.
Me said:
Why, exactly, would you say that?

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Because it's pretty much implied that Ganondorf, the one who entered the Pyramid of Doubt turned into Ganon after obtaining it.

Ganondorf doesn't exactly die at the end of TP. It looks like he does, but all we really know is that he lost the ToP, which would explain why he tries to get more power in FSA (the Trident). I don't know why everyone thinks he's dead... It's very possible that he didn't die. It was just a ruse to end the game.

Because it's pretty much implied that Ganondorf, the one who entered the Pyramid of Doubt turned into Ganon after obtaining it.
Well it's the device of demons, so it makes sense that he turns into a demon after obtaining it, but nothing implies that he became a past incarnation of Ganon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom