• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Friendzoned

Kybyrian

I got friendzoned once. I never really understood the friendzone before that. There's this girl on my engineering team I really kind of like, and she said it would be awkward for her to date anyone on the engineering team because she kind of considers us all like brothers and it would be extremely awkward for her. Things can always change when you're drunk though... and I'm a professional at persuading people. But yep, that's the friendzone.

I have never been "friendzoned". (How on Earth do you kids come up with these otherworldly terms?) However, I have subconciously "friendzoned" lots of others. What I mean by this can best be explained thusly:

Okay, so there have been lots of girls who have shown interest in me, even though I have never spoken a single word to them. This might sound odd to most, even myself, but they seem to observe me from afar, and I have taken note of that. So anyway, once they feel as if they have "gotten to know me" by observing my every move, they perform a "Sadie Hawkins" style approach, and try and hook up. ("omg why are u ignoring me am i not kewt enough ponies and such!!!111ichi!1") The part where the subconcious "friendzoning" comes in is where I do lots of avoidant things - it is not so much that I am trying to be a d*** to them as it is that I abhor desperation. But hey, maybe we can be friends. (The kind that I'll never talk to EVER... ;j)

Screw relationships...

Zorth

#Scoundrel
The friend zone does not exist. You either put yourself into the friendzone for not having the courage to ask somebody out or you get rejected and blame it on your crush.

What does the above mean?

It means getting friendzoned is 100% your own fault, there is not a single percent that you can blame on your crush for crushing your heart (Ska Doosh ;D). You need to be mature about rejection/friendzoning, find out what you did wrong and not automatically point fingers at your crush for saying "let's just be friends". Girls are not vending machines that will give you what you want after putting in enough amount of "nice guy" coins in them. Your crush shouldn't be forced to give you what you want just because you decide to be friends with them for one sole purpose, to get some. That's just low and as far from "nice guy" you can get.

Technically you can't call it friendzoning because you aren't a true friend, you are only after one thing and when the it all hits the fan you blame it on your so called "friend" for actually being a true friend and wanting to keep being "friends" but being the "friend" you are you say you got friendzoned and send your friendship with your crush to hell instead of saying "Hey man, I got rejected.. it happens but thank god we are still friends".

In other words, it's a cheap excuse for getting rejected.

Kazumi

chagy
Nope, never. I don't really see what the big deal is anyway. If you really like someone, you would want them to be happy. If they aren't going to be happy in a relationship with you, then that isn't really a good thing.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I have never been friend zoned or whatever because I don't spend my time starting to fall in love with someone that won't feel the same.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
In my opinion I think that the idea of friendzone...is sometimes an illusion that people use as the reason why people don't like them!

Let me explain myself before I sound like a complete jerk haha! I think what Zorth is saying is very true...The term "friendzoned" is used too much among people these day's, of course thier may be some cases where indeed it may happen but I just think think that a lot of people now use the term out of context.

Some people as harsh as it seems can't understand why a girl/boy may not like them! It's not necessarily a bad thing, if two people don't match or the person you may like may not like thid could be for the best...A relationship needs 2 to work and if the person you may like doesn't see you in that way then its best just to stay friends. Being in a relationship with someone who you are jot fully committed to can be a really bad idea and I consider it leading someone and I remember I was with a girl not too long ago (2 years ago) and she got too attached, me on the other hand...I just wanted a non-serious relationship to tell the truth as my heart didn't completely feel for me ex!

So the morale is that just because a girl/boy may not like you it does not mean it's the end of the world! He/She may not see as there type and in the end you may find someone who likes you just as much as you like them:)

I've never been friendzoned. I always like the wrong people, and have only dated/been asked out once. That's a long story that I'd rather not retell... I hate my heart.

But in my(typically twisted)opinion, friendzoning is just a gentler way to tell someone that you don't, or can't, lie them, but you consider them a good enough person to get to know a little better, although I consider it a tier below true friendship. It's pointless to cling to a guy or girl that's friendzoned you, because what on earth would change someone's opinion on you? And if you're not their friend already when you ask them to get into a relationship with you, you must have a weird idea of how things work. If you're friendzoned by a friend, then you've probably lost a lot of their trust, but that kind of thing can sometimes be regained. If a guy I've known for a while, a friend, asked me out, the I would be pretty touched that they thought me such a good person to be attracted to me. I would probably decline, but as kindly as I possibly can. Would I friendzone him? No, I should hope that I'm not that low. If he somehow shattered my trust by asking me out, I would try to rebuild our friendship, of course starting with friendzone. Eventually, I'd try to make it what it was before. Because, above all else, friendship matters to me.

This is just my perspective, not all people would act like this. But this is what I would do. Am I a better person than some? I truly try to be.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I have not been friend zoned since public school. The reason why have not been fend zoned in High school yet is not because I have had any luck, but because I have not token any chances yet. It seems as if high school has knocked out my willingness to take the risk.

This is a recent video by Vsauce about the friend zone [video=youtube;IGK2KprU-To]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGK2KprU-To[/video]

Last edited:
People way, way, way, overthink the friendzone. In fact, it really isn't bad at all. Wouldn't you like to really get to know this girl before you went into a relationship with them? Plus, the friendzone is not a dead end. I've made it out of the friendzone on more than several occasions. It's a matter of how badly you want it.

It feels kinda weird to say this, but I've sort of "friendzoned" or, more accurately, "brotherzoned" someone I know. And it's a shame, but there's literally no attraction at all on my side. I love him very dearly as a brother, and would protect him to my last breath, like I would with a certain someone I love romantically. But there's absolutely nothing there.

Similarly, I've probably been friendzoned. It's a sucky feeling, but try not to take it personally. The truth is, attraction isn't really a choice. At least, for most people I'm sure it isn't. I know my life would be a whole lot easier if I could just choose who I get to be attracted to. Sometimes there just isn't anything there, and you can't force the other person to feel the same way you do, no matter how much you wish you could.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If you all don't mind me asking, what sort of friendzone were you, or are you, in?

I'm in the friendzone where the girl just treats me as a friend/brother and nothing more. It isn't parasitic; she doesn't ask anything of me, and I don't beat on her for not wanting to be something beyond friend/brother. However, I DO go out of my way to give her gifts, which is really ironic considering I said I wouldn't spend any kind of money on her. lol

I was in the friendzone for two months with the girl I loved. We were "best friends." I guess I was "so sweet" that I was too sweet.... Moral of the story: be an ******* and you can get girls

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
IMHO, (this might be a little harsh, sorry) friendzoning is a load of bull. I know a lot of people get hit with the "we can just be friends" card, and I know it must suck. A lot. But I think there's much worse situations to be in, for example if they blab about your crush on you to the entire school and shun you completely, or when you are invisible and can't even speak to the person you like. At least, when you're "friendzoned", you're still, as the name implies, friends with that person. I know it's not perfect, but I am saying there are worse things in the world.

I also see it as a lame excuse from "Nice-Guy Syndrome" guys, who are essentially guys who think that because they're really nice to the girl, they're obviously entitled to something from her. And of course, when she rejects him, because A) she knows that he's a jerk or :cool: nobody wants to really date someone who dotes upon them every minute of the day and can't think for themselves, he whines and complains about "friendzoning." No. You're just a jerk. Sorry, bud. I'm not saying it's always the guy, because it isn't, but I do think that they are the majority when it comes to the friendzone and many of them just like to blame the girls when really they're the ones with the problems here.

As a girl, I don't think I'd want to date someone who bends over backwards for me and would even act as a footrest if I asked, because it just wouldn't work out and trust me, nobody wants to go for a spineless wimp who can't stand up for himself. Guys/girls alike, if you're caught in that sort of situation where you do absolutely everything for that person and you're a super A+ megafriend and you're still not getting the relationship you want, it's time to move on. Don't complain about being friendzoned, because that's a silly excuse and you need to learn to stand up for yourself. Instead of running around saying "bluh bluh why doesn't so and so like me I mean I do everything for them weep weep weep", do something about it! What's lying around pitying yourself going to accomplish?

I'll give you a hint.

NOTHING.

If the person you're interested in gets mad at you for not worshipping them and kissing the ground, they are horrible people who aren't worth your time.

Sometimes there are genuinely nice people out there, and if the person you're after is into ******bags, then just let them be because you can find somebody 10000 times better than them, anyway. It's unfortunate, but these days that's how it is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom