• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Friendzoned

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Have you ever been "friendzoned"?
Yea.

Is it just a pathetic excuse?
It depends on the situation. I think it's better to tell or hint at a friend that that's all you want to be rather than lead them on or be too shy to tell them. However; when the person you like is going through a tough breakup or problem in their relationship, and they tell you, "Why can't more girls/guys be like you. You're so kind and understanding." I'm ready to punch them in the face.:cooky:

Does the "friendzone" even exist?
Yes. Yes it does.

I uh got worse than that, the girl I love doesn't have any interest in being my friend, she keeps me added on facebook and I am so grateful for that but I don't think she likes me. I hope one day I can at least say I have been friend zoned, if not better.

R

ruddahbagga

The friendzone, while arguably real, is generally still used as a petty excuse for Nice Guys who don't understand why being nice doesn't entitle them to affection. NiceGuyism and friendzoning go hand in hand in that regard.

Basically getting friendzoned means a guy has generally failed to act in a remotely attractive way or find the courage to be the kind of credit to humankind that women prefer, and wants to blame it on women being incapable of seeing him romantically.
In essence, it's asking oneself, "why isn't she attracted to me?" when the real question is, "why am I so unattractive?"

The reversal, for girls, is known as floating mirthlessly in the Brozone Layer, and it's about as rip roaringly hilarious a spectacle as it is just plain sad. Notice this is different from friendzoning for guys, which is not hilarious because it got well past the point where it was just downright creepy self-victimization a looong time ago.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I haven't been "friendzoned" yet. hopefully it wont happen either... But what dose happen to me is that the guy would want to start a relationship but when they get what they want the leave me.. and then they talk about how they want me as a friend but I won't have it lol.. i won't allow my self to be "friendzoned" because that kind of thing hurts to much.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
In the past I have totally friendzoned people and I almost felt bad for them but you never want to date someome that you dont LIKE that way/are attracted to. Ive also been friendzoned which was mildly depressing because it told me that something about me wasnt attractive. As a single parent I expect to be friendzoned often when I get the ovaries to be in the dating scene again(wont be for many years) because not many people want 2 tag alongs as well as the crazy ex-husband baggage.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I've friendzoned and been friendzoned.
Honestly, the best way to deal with it is to forget about it. Just move on mentally (and physically if that helps you). It certainly isn't the end of the world.
Plus once you stop trying so hard to get that person's affection, you never know what might happen :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom