• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fool-Proof(?) Timeline

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
Doesn't FSA talk about Ganondorf entering the SR but they call it the Dark World (which is the tainted SR)?

I'm fairly certain FSA never indicates whether or not Ganon entered the Dark World, but that's not particularly relevant. Ganon didn't touch the Triforce in FSA, and no Seal was cast...those are the two biggest timeline placements problems for the Seal War.

And yes, there is a "Dark World" in FSA, but whether or not it is the tainted Sacred Realm is highly debateable. Since the Japanese word used (makai) simply means any place taken over by a Demon, not all Dark Worlds have to be the tainted Sacred Realm.

There are a lot of key differences between the corrupted Sacred Realm of aLttP and the Dark World of FSA.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I'm fairly certain FSA never indicates whether or not Ganon entered the Dark World, but that's not particularly relevant. Ganon didn't touch the Triforce in FSA, and no Seal was cast...those are the two biggest timeline placements problems for the Seal War.

I think the fact that the Dark World is used in FSA is a good indication that Ganon was probably there. Also, at the end of FSA, he is SEALED in the Four Sword (or the chest that it's held in)... that doesn't sound like "no Seal was cast" to me. By the way, that's not supposed to sound rude :P

And yes, there is a "Dark World" in FSA, but whether or not it is the tainted Sacred Realm is highly debateable. Since the Japanese word used (makai) simply means any place taken over by a Demon, not all Dark Worlds have to be the tainted Sacred Realm.

There are a lot of key differences between the corrupted Sacred Realm of aLttP and the Dark World of FSA.

In ALTTP, the Dark World is a near exact opposite of Hyrule with some differences. The Dark World in FSA is exactly the same. It is nearly exactly the same from wherever you enter with some differences.

Last edited:

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
Also, at the end of FSA, he is SEALED in the Four Sword (or the chest that it's held in)... that doesn't sound like "no Seal was cast" to me. By the way, that's not supposed to sound rude :P
Yes but the "Seal" has to be on the Sacred Realm, not the Four Sword. If the Sacred Realm isn't sealed, then what's the point of aLttP? Why is Ganon trying so hard to break a seal that doesn't exist :P

In ALTTP, the Dark World is a near exact opposite of Hyrule with some differences. The Dark World in FSA is exactly the same. It is nearly exactly the same from wherever you enter with some differences.

In aLttP the Dark World is only accessible by one-way portals that lead into the Dark World, but not out.
In FSA, it can be accssed and exited by things called "Moon Gates"

In aLttP the Dark World can only be exited with the use of a Magic Mirror. As said above, it can be exited by Moon Gates in FSA.

In aLttP the "Moon Pearl" is a single item that is used to protect the Hero from transforming. In FSA:
A: The Dark World doesn't even have transforming powers like it does in aLttP
B: Moon Pearls serve a completely different purpose

In aLttP, the Dark World is strictly parallel to Hyrule, and even when the Seal is broken, it remains as such. In FSA, the Dark World is not strictly parallel, and it spreads into Hyrule and corrupts it. The entire 5th Level of FSA is "The Dark World", even though its in Hyrule proper, and not the parallel Dark World.

..so yeah. Some pretty important differences.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The Sacred Realm is a magical place. Why can't its properties change over time? Maybe the Dark World changes over time to make it's presence that much more mysterious.

According to OoT, the only entrance to the Sacred Realm is the Temple of Time. In ALTTP there are portals that take you to the Dark World (which is the Sacred Realm). Obviously means of transportation to the SR/DW have changed so why can't the SR/DW, itself, change?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
The Sacred Realm is a magical place. Why can't its properties change over time?

I would have to agree with this. Hyrule itself changes over time, so I don't see why the Sacred Realm can't. It's also stated that Ganon changed the Sacred Realm to make it the Dark World once he gained control of the Triforce of Power, so it's possible that over time it could be warped into something else, either because Ganon wills it, or perhaps because it's adapting or evolving to being changed in the past.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
The Sacred Realm is a magical place. Why can't its properties change over time? Maybe the Dark World changes over time to make it's presence that much more mysterious.

According to OoT, the only entrance to the Sacred Realm is the Temple of Time. In ALTTP there are portals that take you to the Dark World (which is the Sacred Realm). Obviously means of transportation to the SR/DW have changed so why can't the SR/DW, itself, change?

I can understand its entrances potentially changing, but its very nature (being able to reflect the hearts of those who enter and transform them) is absent in FSA.

If the Triforce is in the Sacred/Dark World during FSA, then it should reflect people. That's a fact stated in aLttP.

If the Triforce is not in the Sacred/Dark world during FSA, then how can FSA be the Seal War? How can Ganon enter into the Sacred Realm and grab a non-existent Triforce?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
If the Triforce is in the Sacred/Dark World during FSA, then it should reflect people. That's a fact stated in aLttP.

And a fact stated, in a game made more recently than ALTTP, says that there is only one entrance to the Sacred Realm. There are so many things when considering the timeline that don't make sense because some games completely contradict others.

If the Triforce is not in the Sacred/Dark world during FSA, then how can FSA be the Seal War? How can Ganon enter into the Sacred Realm and grab a non-existent Triforce?

You got me there, I guess.

The fact is, ALTTP does not fit nicely anywhere on the timeline because of it's BS.

Steve

5/19/13
And a fact stated, in a game made more recently than ALTTP, says that there is only one entrance to the Sacred Realm. There are so many things when considering the timeline that don't make sense because some games completely contradict others.

You got me there, I guess.

The fact is, ALTTP does not fit nicely anywhere on the timeline because of it's BS.
It especially doesn't help that they threw in Four Sword Adventures into the mix, to further complicate things. Which as you've stated, FSA contradicts with A Link to the Past as it basically rewrites the whole backstory.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
New entrances could be opened up. We know the magic mirror can do that.

It's also possible that the portals are a result of Ganon's wish corrupting the Sacred Realm and turning it into a mirror-world of Hyrule.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
New entrances could be opened up. We know the magic mirror can do that.

It's also possible that the portals are a result of Ganon's wish corrupting the Sacred Realm and turning it into a mirror-world of Hyrule.

So why can't some other item or some magical being change the Dark World around, if there are tiny mirrors that can make entrances to it? If such a small item can open up portals to a realm that once only had one entrance, then why can't a super villain with a massive amount of power change the nature of that realm?

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I'll clear up a few things here:

I'll admit it HAS been a long time since I played LttP (and I've played a whole lot of games since then), but I DO remember that the mirror only goes from the Dark World back to the Light World. To go the other way, you need to find a portal that's already in existence or go back to the portal created when you leave the Dark World. So, it's not THAT easy for any other powerful being to enter the sacred realm. They could never influence it like Ganon did, either, because Ganon turned it into the dark world by using the Triforce, which is never easily acessible.

About the FSA->LttP thing:
Ganon does get sealed in the Four Sword and does NOT get sealed in the sacred realm - at least, not automatically. LttP (only in the GBA version) shows us that the Four Sword and it's shrine were somehow moved to the sacred realm.

I know there's some four Dark Links or something (I'm not sure; I haven't played it) in the Four Sword Shrine in the GBA LttP, so it's possible that they released Ganon. After all, the Four Sword is (I'm pretty sure) split into four pieces at that point. As for how they got there... we know that Dark Link is in FSA. According to Zelda Wiki, when you finally defeat the Dark Links in that game, "Zelda undoes the seal on the Dark Mirror and takes it into her possession, dispelling them." At the end of the game, we see Zelda go through a doorway, quite possibly into the Four Sword shrine to leave the mirror with the sword. After the shrine is taken into the Sacred Realm, the seal on the mirror (not the same mirror as LttP's mirror) is obviously broken somehow, possibly by a monster. The fact that there are four Dark Links in the Four Sword Shrine can be attributed to the fact that there are so many of him in FSA, and because there are four Links right up until they put the Four Sword back. It makes sense that Dark Link has the motives to release Ganon - he'd had such motives since the very beginning of FSA, where he forces Link to draw the Four Sword and release Vaati.

Wait a minute, wasn't ganon in tp and oot blackish grayish and in alttp and loz he was purple.Hmmm......... I wonder what this means?

That really doesn't mean a whole lot. Ganon was originally blue in color, but this was also during a time when the character was more cartoon-like, or basically non-realistic looking. When OoT rolled around, they made beast-form Ganon more realistic, so his colors changed. If you look at beast Ganon in TP, his only odd color is his mane, which is red like his hair. His body is the color of a normal boar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom