• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Food

What kind of food do you think one eats in Hyrule?
What I mean is what animals do you think they serve, especially given there are fish people and humanoid pigs. What kind of recipes? What time period in the real world do you think they would have there food from and so forth given Hyrule seems to borrow from different periods and places, not just Medieval Europe.

They do eat fish, as you can buy it in stores. Cuccos as well undoubtedly, including their eggs, and as said above cows are probably used to provide dairy and meat just like in real life. Crops and plants as well. Those beans you can buy in OoT and MM are edible, since we see the shop keeper eating it (most likely).

I am sure there are plenty of other examples in other games I can't think of now. Their diets probably aren't to extreme or out there from what we know. However It isn't unlikely they might eat some of the monsters out there like Octoroks. Which we all know Link is so hungry that he could eat...

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
But Link never eats in the games...

There are probably people out there that eat monkeys, and they're related to humans. Fish generally feed on other fish. Why should fish people not eat fish, or the genral population not eat fish? And aren't the 'intelligent' pig people monsters anyway? I wouldn't care, I'd still eat pork.

because when you have 12 hearts, and gain another, you probably dont need. im guessing potions are also food. do realize that the time in the game is 3-5 days max.

the games take place mostly within few days for link. they eat what seth said: quote. (They do eat fish, as you can buy it in stores. Cuccos as well undoubtedly, including their eggs, and as said above cows are probably used to provide dairy and meat just like in real life. Crops and plants as well. Those beans you can buy in OoT and MM are edible, since we see the shop keeper eating it ) quote. but potions must work for meal, and in tp, he does have some pumpkin soup, and it only heals 2-6 hearts. that definitely means potions that resotre 8 hearts do also.

What an interesting question! I've never thought about this before. :D

I would agree with Seth, for the most part: fish, chicken, and crops. Anju looked like she was cooking some kind of cream-based concoction in Majora's Mask featuring orange and green specks (veggies?). As for drinks, they definitely drink milk from Lon Lon Ranch, water, and some kind of ale.

In general, I'd probably align the food they eat with medieval Europe.

Well you have to eat in those 3-5 days,otherway you would pass out with all those stunts that Link pulls out o_O

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
List of food:
Fish
Cheese
Soup
Bread
Milk and eggs
Meat from: Cuccos, cows and goats
Pumpkins

Those are the things I can think of right now.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I'm gonna guess cuccoos, lon lon cows, goat, various fruits and plants, maybe some fried octorok on special occasion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom