• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First Game Influence

Is your favorite Zelda game the first you played

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I have more than one

• No

• Total voters

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Is your favorite Zelda game, the first one you played?
I mean, you can put which one is your favorite and why you like it but I'm sure there's like five threads that ask that and I mainly want to know how many people are influenced by their first interaction with Zelda. Oh, and you can put how it influenced your Zelda gameplay if you want.

My favorite Zelda game, for those who didn't see me type it the last million times, is MM and yes it was my first Zelda game. This game made me fall in love with the side quests and influential storylines in Zelda. Unfortunately, MM is the Zelda sidequest king, as far as I've played, so the ones that I played after, never measured up. MC and OoT came close. Plus I like being able to play again without losing all my data.

The first game I got was OoA with a GBC for Christmas when I was like 5 rofl. It was not only the first Zelda game I got, but the first video game I got. I completed like half the game (I was only 5 >.<) and spilled water on it by accident. My sister got OoS with her own GBC at the same time as well. It is however NOT my favorite Zelda game, although a very good one. My favorite is OoT, ALttP for my favorite handheld.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Plus I like being able to play again without losing all my data.

I don't know why, but this really made me laugh.

My first game was the very first Legend of Zelda. My second was OoT and my third was AlttP, and my fourth was TP, which is my favorite. I've since played MM and will soon play WW, which I don't expect to become my favorite, but to be fair, you never know. In a sense LoZ was the one that got me hooked on the series, though. That may or may not be due to childhood memories, but when I returned to replay it twenty years later, I was inspired to play other games in the series.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Not at all. The first Zelda game I played was the original. I've played them all in release order, and my favorite remains A Link to the Past (SNES please, not the abortion that is the GBA version), followed very closely by The Wind Waker. Don't get me wrong, I love the original Zelda, but I definitely don't think it can stand up to some of the others in the series or even other games around its time. Still, it's a great game and, for its era, was difficult and time consuming, not to mention it had replay value. A lot of games these days just don't cut it, so I do enjoy the original Zelda more than some of today's current titles, but it definitely is not my favorite.

Kazumi

chagy
The first Zelda game that I ever played was the Wind Waker. And that is pretty high up on my list, but definitely not first. OK, well. It's third. That's pretty close, but the first is way far ahead the second and third. And the rest of them.

My favourite Zelda game of all time would have to be A Link to the Past. Definitely the SNES version. I have to agree with Zeruda on that point she made about the GBA version. *COUGH*

My first Zelda game was Twilight Princess, and its definitely not my favorite. It actually ranks pretty low on my list. It beats Ocarina of Time on my list, but its beaten by Majora's Mask and a lot of other Zelda games.

My favorite is still a tie between the Adventure of Link and Spirit Tracks. I really love the both of them, but in this case, I will go with the Adventure of Link because one of the main reasons that Spirit Tracks is up there was for its amazing soundtrack. AoL was definitely the most challenging, and the side scrolling and having to rely on the sword made it unique and a great game.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well, my first Zelda game was Wind Waker. It's high up on my list (#3 to be precise, right behind OoT and ST), but it's not my favorite.

My favorite is ST because I loved the soundtrack, the gameplay was good what with conducting the train (contrary too popular belief, I thought the Train was fun and very cool as well as not tedious in the slightest), the graphics appealed to me (even though I frequently gripe about the obelisk shaped hands), and the story was good.

Still, WW is what really influenced my Zelda experience. I really liked the sidequests (even though I never managed to do them all) and I just love the WW feel in general: that's how I feel a good Zelda game should be.

Vibed

must read before he posts
My first wasn't my favorite, but the second one I knew was.

I just turned four and had gotten a 64 with OoT. I loved it, and started playing Zelda. I owned a few Zelda games over the next year or so (I think it was WW and OoA) but the second one I knew was MM, which my friend's older brother had. He let me play it once or twice for a short time, and I was hooked on the transforming aspect. I never actually owned it until I was 8. It is now my favorite Zelda.

In short, no.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
My first was the classic Legend of Zelda. And I still enjoy it, but it's not my favorite.

Zelda grew up and so did I. I find it kind of odd that my favorite game is Twilight Princess - one of the easier, "more casual" games of the series as far as difficulty, yet I like it better than the far more gameplay challenging classic LoZ. I was goofing around in the Second Quest the other day and thinking "Was this game THIS hard when I was a kid?" With some of the latter titles, I can relax and enjoy "just being in the world" more, or something. In Classic, there's just NO respite from things trying to kill me.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Well, for me the first Zelda game I played was the original LoZ. I didn't really get into it because it was so difficult for me and I kinda gave up on it until years later... But yeah, anyways although it's the first one I played, it's not my favorite.

My favorite Zelda game is ALttP. It was the second game I played and I found myself able to get into it enough for it to obtain that title. :)

My favorite game, as most people know, is Majora's Mask. But it wasn't the first game I played.

First Zelda game I played was Ocarina of Time. But I didn't even get to Dodongo's Cavern. Then I played A Link to the Past and more or less beat the game. Then I got MM, and actually beat that before OoT. I guess my introduction to the series is a little odd, but... well... whatever. Best word to describe me in general I suppose. :P

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
My first game was ALttP for SNES. I didn't own it, but me and my friend always played together and solved the puzzles together, we were like 6, so we needed the both of us haha. Actually, I was more the fighter, and he was better at the puzzles, so it worked. My favorite is OoT though, so it's a no for me. ALttP is my second favorite though, so it's not too far behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom