• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Final Fantasy I Dawn of Souls: What's Going On with Red Mage

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I got Final Fantasy I&II Dawn of Souls yesterday, and now I'm playing it. I did some grinding, and I noticed something odd. My guys are at level 4 now, Warrior, Monk, and White Mage all have close to 100 HP now, while Red Mage doesn't even have 35 yet.

Is that a bug or is it intentional or what?

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
It's been a while since I played it, but If I remember correctly, that is indeed intentional, to balance things out. As you continue playing, you'll notice that the Red Mage can learn white spells, black spells, and to top things off, he's not even bad at fighting. They had to give him some kind of Achilles heel, and that's his low hit points. It's well worth it though, since over time, the Red Mage will become your most powerful party member.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Ah. I knew that, either the Red Mage would only be able to learn up to a certain level of spells (like in the later games) or that their HP would be low but not THAT low. I guess that means I'll just have to give them the best armor I can get first and stuff. Oh well, it'll probably pay off.

A mod can close this now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom