• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ferrus

Anemos

Master of Chaos
Ferrus, as I believe, was named after a word for "train enthusiast" that I'm having trouble remembering.

I had a theory. I believe that Ferrus is a reference to theorists. In other words, everyone reading this was being referred to by Ferrus.

Think about it! He uses a lot of the language that comes up here.

He also comes up with wild theories, like that of the arch-ways being able to "break the space time continuum".

What do you think?

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
Ahhh Ferrus, the over excited autistic train nut.....

I think he is actually put there to show us how we look to nintendo <.<

Oh well

Anemos

Master of Chaos
Ferrus is from the Latin word for iron (Ferrum), i.e. what is used to make trains. Similar to a Farris wheel as the original ones where made from iron.

I'm already familiar with the Latin word for iron. I do have a basic knowledge of chemistry.

I will thank you for your help, though. It was much easier to look it up after I had a root to the word.

A "ferroequinologist" is someone who studies trains. It comes from the Latin words ferrum (iron) and equus (horse).

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Ferrus is from the Latin word for iron (Ferrum), i.e. what is used to make trains. Similar to a Farris wheel as the original ones where made from iron.

I think Ferris was the inventor's name. Daniel Ferris, maybe. He was an engineer who worked with metal though...

But I'm inclined to agree with you, Anemos.
The creators draw inspiration from everywhere, so why not base a character of the fans?

Diablo

King of Redeads
Well I guess we now have some proof that Miyamoto exactly reads this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom