• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Zelda landmark?

A nice simple thread (because my brain is tired).

Which landmark in Zelda is your favourite?

Is it Hyrule Castle?
Bridge of Eldin?
Mother and child isle?
Death Mountain?

Give a list if you cant decide.

WinterWolf

Gerudo Theif
I've always liked the look and lore of the Clock Tower. It's very imposing but also the centerpiece of Termina.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
My favorites include:

Ocarina of Time: This is a tough one cuz there's so many iconic areas, but honestly Zora's Domain and Death Mountain tie. Leaning towards Death Mountain cuz of that iconic image of the ring over its top. Always stuck with me as a kid.

Majora's Mask: I really like the swampcano. It was a nice subversion of Death Mountain and stands out to me the most.

Twilight Princess: Castle Town. They finally got it right in this game, made it feel nice and alive. I also really love what they did with the Temple of Time in this game.

Wind Waker: Tower of the Gods. The way it emerges from the sea is still one of my favorite cutscenes in the game, and it has one of the most imposing silhouettes on the horizon.

Those are the most notable off the top of my head.

I would have to say death mountain because it has been in so many Zelda games.
Zelda, Zelda II, ALTTP, OOT, TP... ok maybe that is it, so not a ton but still a good amount.
I guess one could argue it was in other zelda games with different names (Eldin Volcano in skyward sword for example)

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
The Clock Tower is really nice. It's such an iconic part of Majora's Mask and it just looks awesome.
I think lakes/rivers are beautiful, so Lake Hylia is great too. It's always nice seeing how it's depicted in different games.
And of course, Tingle Tower, because Tingle is amazing and it's hilarious.

No love for the goddess that is the spirit Temple? Between the time awaiting getting there, the temple inside, and of course the gerudo valley theme music, I thought it was pretty killer :)

I don;t think you can really get away from Death Mountain. It's quite iconic, making its way in many Zelda titles (not necessarily under that name, per se, but still in some other sense). However, my favorite might have to be Gerudo Desert's Mirror Chamber from Twilight Princess. I remember the first time I saw it, climbing that high tower at Lake Hylia and gazing East (I think), wondering what all of those sage sigils were surrounding, and why one was broken...

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
The canyon separating Herudo Valley from Hyrule Field in OoT is awesome as it gfives you a real sense of space. Clock Tower is weirdly mysterious. Um, House By the Bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom