• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Zelda advertisement

Nintendo, at least in the west, isnt the best at advertising their games...

Though there have been some okay ones, and for me the best ones have been for Zelda.

So, which Zelda advertisement is your favourite?

Tv, poster, any medium counts.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I liked this advert especially with the mans voice at the end.

Also the E3 2004 TP trailer was great

I liked the Breath of the Wild E3 2016 trailer also but the TP and OOT ones more so.

You are right about most of the Nintendo marketing being poor. I must say SS's trailers were pretty much pure crap and did nothing to sell the game to me. With Wind Waker I didn't need advertising. I saw it existed on the Gamecube and had to have it. I dont think the WW trailers were that good looking back at them though. TPHD's trailers weren't great. ALBW's trailers weren't great. I cant think of many cases where advertising has been great.

PS: If it counts Ganondorfs reveal trailer for HW was great, but it was online only. There was practically no TV or in store advertising for HW

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
If @ZeldawithLinkandMidna set any precedent:

Breath of the Wild really succeeded with its recent trailer in generating hype, look at this videos statistics. Perhaps it's partly the Studio Ghibli resemblance that really sells this trailer? Either way, well done Nintendo.

It's no "secret to everybody" Skyward Sword really disappointed me, but this trailer was very well done, leaving us with questions on Zelda's art direction while generating hype.

If I ever wanted to showcase epic moments from the Zelda series, I'd choose this trailer for it's badassery and general appeal.

I may love this trailer because nostalgia...it feels very engaging to me, it reminds me of the exciting adventure I had in Wind Waker.

If it wasn't thanks to these trailers, ZeldaDungeon, you guys, may have never known THE DARK MASTER Emperor of Rare Seldia!

Finally the most incredible Legend of Zelda series trailer: King Harkinian's legendary speech! It shouldn't be any secret to this community, but this masterpiece has gone down in Zelda mainstream as being one of the most engaging, thoughtful, and impactful trailers in the entire series.

Djinn

and Tonic
Japanese commercials are almost always better due to the sheer ridiculousness of them. But more commercials could use guys in foam Darknut and Octorock costumes doing the Michael Jackson Thriller dance.

Except maybe the nes LoZ commercial because you literally have zero concept of what they are trying to advertise.

Robin Williams was always a welcome sight!

I also really liked the commercials for the original Majora's Mask, especially with the Hardy Boyz coming in haha

I genuinely enjoy "the Legend of Zelda is really rad" rap commercial from bygone days. I know it is seen as some sort of cringeworthy ironic thing now, but I remember it fondly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom