• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Super Mario Game?

Hello, The title says it all. However, I'd like you to say your favourite 2D Mario game and your favourite 3D Mario game.The sports games, Mario Kart and Parties dont count.

Mine:

2D. Super Mario Land, just got it off the VC and it ROCKS.
3D. Super Mario Galaxy 2

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
2D - Super Mario World (it's just amazing even though I get really mad)
3D - Super Mario 64 or SMGalaxy 2, I can't decide :|

2D - Super Mario Land because there's so much i can laugh at, and it has my favorite songs in all Mario history
3D - Super Mario Sunshine i don't care about the critisism that game gets it will always be my favorite 3D Super Mario game

Ooh, that is a tough decision. All of the games are so awesome...

2D -
For me, it's a tie between Super Mario World, and Super Mario Bros. 3. I owned both of them on the GBA (I've hardly played the originals actually, so maybe my opinion would be different if I had) and I had so much fun with both of them, I don't think I could put one above the other. Both of them had quite a different feel, which makes it even harder to choose between them. Either way, they're gaming masterpieces.

3D -
No doubt about this one. Mario 64 has to be the best. Even though the later games greatly improved upon the control and camera schemes, none of them captured the same feel as the original 3D Mario. This isn't just nostalgia talking, either. I know I enjoyed it just as much back then as I do now, although the nostalgia does add a little to it.

[highlight]2D[/highlight] - Super Mario Bros 3 (The reason being is that transforming into a raccoon and a frog and other stuff is really awesome.)

[highlight]3D[/highlight] - Super Mario 64 (This is just my favorite 3D game because it's the only one I've played.)

2D- Super Mario World, i have a LOT of nostalgia from that game, and it's very polished, has tons of levels, and is very easy to control.

3D- SMG or SMG2, i loved them both a lot. mario 64 kind of screws me over with the camera and controls sometimes, which leads me to a lot ot of "RAGE QUIT!!" moments.

Anubis

The most inactive active
2D - Super Mario World
I liked that one most because, it's the one I most think of when I hear 'Mario'. It's also super fun to go Supah Mario!
I also liked a Super Mario I had for the Gameboy Color, but I can't remember it's name.

3D - Super Mario Sunshine
I would've chosen Galaxy, but I played this game all the way through 3rd to 4th grade, and I loved it!
It gives me the best memories of the Mario series.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
2D- Super Mario Land. It was the first video game I ever played, (on the original gameboy, no less) so yeah, that one holds a special place in my heart. Not to mention that really politically incorrect Chinese-type level was hilarious.

3D- Super Mario 64, probably. Again, nostalgia prevails. Sunshine and Galaxy were totally fun, but they weren't as special as the predecessors. SM64 had so much depth, and seemed even more impressive considering I got my copy when I was like 9. Every little thing that's become commonplace in the 3D titles was a new, exciting concept, like wall jumping, shell surfing, back-flipping off poles and whatnot. Penguin racing in particular was a favorite of mine.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I´m not a huge Mario fan so it´s quite difficult for me to make my decisions. But well, let me give it a try!

Favorite 2D game: I believe my answer has to be Super Mario Bros. The first game. It was probably the ultimate game for the NES, a game that was enjoyed by everyone, no matter age, gender, etc.

Favorite 3D game: I´ve tried Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, games that are top notch. But still, it was Super Mario Sunshine I enjoyed the most, I love the tropical feel it has and it makes me happy :)

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
2D Game: Does New Super Mario Bros. for the DS count? :)
3D Game: Gotta say Super Mario 64. I don't think any other video game has influenced my life quite like that one did.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
2D: Either Super Mario bros. 3 or New Super Mario bros. Wii. If i have to choose I would have to say NSMBW.

3D: Super Mario Galaxy

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
2d Mario world I beat that while game without grinding lives, and without any game overs.
3d Sunshine Why does everyone hate this game? Answer: It was too hard for them to beat :P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom