• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Zelda Quote

D

DungeonDarknut

I would like everyone to post their Favourite Zelda quote and also post why it's you favourite I'll start

"It's dangerous to go alone take this" from the first game because it inspired to beat the game ((which I did)yes it's tacky but oh well)

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
"The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..." (Sheik)

Seems so true.

read my signature lol. It's my favorite because its just a true classic WTF Zelda moment lol. without the inspiration to put that moment in the game i dont think the series would have as many funny/ random moments that can take you out of the epic adventure every once in a while and just make you laugh

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
My favorite is "Time passes, people move... Like a river's flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth... Now listen to the Serenade of Water to reflect upon yourself...."
-Shiek

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
"Shadow has been moved by light it seems...
... how amusing." - TP Ganondorf.

I love this quote for multiple reasons.
One, it shows just how epic TP Ganon is. His dark attitude of never really seeing anything as a threat is so epic it makes no sense.

Two, it shows the depth of the plot behind TP. That one sentence summed up the relationship between Midna and Link as well as the effect Zelda had on Midna. If you interpret it, this one quote can really get you thinking about TP.

Three, it sounds really cool. Rather than just saying "Midna, you used to be a little brat but now you've changed due to the events that have taken place around you," the creators of this game thought of a really influential way to get the message out.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
Personally, I absolutely love the Sheik quotes. My favorite, though, is

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you." - The Happy Mask Salesman

I honestly don't know why this is my favorite, it's just always stuck with me as a nice quote.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Aside from the one in my signature, probably the infamous Cataclysm's Eve "Prophesy".

The Hero's triumph on Cataclysm's Eve
Wins three symbols of virtue.
The Master Sword he will then retrieve,
Keeping the Knight's line true.

This was the quote that got me into the whole Zelda storyline. It's unusual: The Hero triumphs, and a Cataclysm still occurs? How? The first time I read it (which was a few weeks before I got the Master Sword), I was really interested in what the Cataclysm was. I suppose I still am. :)

Flagpole

I'm back!!
While I personally love a lot of quotes in Zelda, like Sheik's quotes and some of Link's Awakening text, i can't help but only think about some quotes when it comes to my favorite quote... I just can't choose one of these, so here you have my four favorite Zelda quotes:

“Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you... as a friend?”

“Umm... Can I ask...a question? What makes you happy? I wonder...what makes you happy...does it make...others happy, too?”

“Umm... Can I ask...a question? The right thing...what is it? I wonder...if you do the right thing...does it make...everybody...happy?”

“Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your true face... What kind of... face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?”

All of those quotes can keep you on thinking, which is something really great:

The first quote talks about the people you choose as friends, then asking you if what you consider as a friend considers you as a friend, a question that may disturb some people.

The second quote talks about the actions an individual do: do you make things that only make you happy, while you don't take into account the happiness of the others?

The third qutoe talks about 'the right thing': is there really a right thing? Will doing 'the right thing' make everyone happy? This quote completely shows there is no really 'a right thing', as that supposedly right thing will never make everyone happy.

The fourth quote, and the most interesting, shall I say, talks about a 'face under the mask', then asking you if that is 'your true face'. It is interesting because it talks about many different things, like the multiple personalities one person has: which is the real personality of the person? It's real face?

It is strange how no one has put any of those quotes in here...

J

Jlemon21

"I AM ERROR" -Guy inside a house in AoL.

I bet that this statement has a deep philosophical meaning... like how we humans are imperfect beings, "errors" if you will... that we are hopelessly doomed to imperfection, and cannot save ourselves... Or his name might actually be Error.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
As listed above, "The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."
from shiek in Oot

:triforce: The Seventh Hierarch :triforce:

"You've met a terrible fate haven't you?" - Happy Mask Salesman

I don't know why I love this quote so much but, it's probably because it's one of the most memorable quotes for me in the Zelda. Plus, it was pretty creepy in the haunted Majora's mask videos.

"You've met a terrible fate haven't you?" - Happy Mask Salesman

I don't know why I love this quote so much but, it's probably because it's one of the most memorable quotes for me in the Zelda. Plus, it was pretty creepy in the haunted Majora's mask videos.

benjibibbles

Disastrous Waffle Person
"I AM ERROR"
I hear it in a robotic voice and just crack up laughing. He's just standing there in his possession-less house with a blank look on his face and says that trainwreck of a greeting.

G

Generations

Well one of my favorite quotes is, "Do not think this ends here… The history of light and shadow will be written in blood!” -Ganon (TP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom