• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Favorite Sage? (spoilers)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Forgive the "(spoilers)" in the title, there is not a functioning SPOILER tag for the ALBW section just yet. Anyway, to the topic at hand, which is your favorite sage at this point: the beautiful Seres, the young hylian Gulley, the Rauru-similar Osfala, the shimmering zora Oren, the crazed witch Irene, the old hag wise Impa, or this shiny character right here Rosso??

w9wkk0.jpg

As you can imagine, my favorite sage is indeed Seres. Though her character is absolutely flat, she is I believe the second highest pedestal to the amazing triangle, and she is indeed pretty beautiful in her artwork (get a new hairstyle, babe). Second favorite is definitely Rosso, for nothing except for the fact that he is a human-goron in appearance. Wonder if he is really Zelda/Hilda's kid? harharhar

L

LegendOfJuan

Seres

My favorite sage is Seres. She's a beautiful, kind-hearted, carefree person. She stands up to
Yuga before she gets turned into a painting. She is also the first sage you see and the first sage revealed in the trailers and teasers. The dungeon you rescue her from gives you a peek at her portrait giving you the sense of HAVING to save her, it makes you angry at Yuga and rush towards the end of the dungeon to save her from her state, and when you save her, she is thankful. Also she is the priest's daughter, who had an appearance in the SNES game A Link To The Past in the sanctuary as well. She is also a brand new character with a bit more of a story than some sages, a faithful daughter with no clue of the captain pertaining a crush on the innocent girl. She was the first sage I saved for that purpose.

Night Owl

~Momentai
My favorite is Irene, She is the most helpful sage although she's also the sassiest. She may not have had any real buildup but she interacts the most with link via her broom.
(I also think she is the prettiest)

My second favorite is Gulley. He's pretty much Link's kid brother- and as an older brother myself- I can really understand Link's desire to save him .

Fig

The Altruist
I think my favorite is Gulley. Something about that boy reminds so much of the Flute Boy from ALttP! Plus when I first played ALBW, I thought that is was Link's younger brother, only to realize that Link is just working for his father as his apprentice! XD

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Either Irene or Gulley.

Irene is sassy and actually helpful by flying you around everywhere. Plus she's probably the most humorous

But Gulley is around since the beginning of the game and you know him a bit more personally because you work for his father. And he reminds me of a chubby Kokiri

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I liked Gully the most, partially because it all became real to me after he went missing. I knew from spoilers he was a possible sage, but I still felt a deep worry when his mom alerts link of her sons absence. That's why I wish there would have been something to notice rosso's disappearance or Oren's

Dr. Horrible said:
That's why I wish there would have been something to notice rosso's disappearance or Oren's

It wasn't very clear with Rosso, he just went missing, but if you revisit the area where you first meet Oren and she gives you the Zora Flippers, you'll see a Zora Underling who mentions that the Queen and several other Underlings went on a trip (fishing expedition?) and have yet to come back.

Osfala is my favorite sage because he actually has the guts to confront Yuga himself. Plus, he gives some more context to Ravio's character that helps foreshadow his identity reveal at the end of the game.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Irene is my favourite. I found her to be the most useful throughout the game, plus she has a fun personality.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I didn't really care too much for most of the Sages this time around; most felt very flat to me (a general complaint with the characters in this game, but I digress).

However, I did like Osfala and Irene. Osfala because he actually tried to take matters into his own hands (even though it backfired hilariously - seriously, what was the Sand Rod gonna do in the Eastern Palace?) and struggles to come to terms with his true purpose unlike everyone else who just accepts it without hesitation. Also the fact that you get an item in return for saving him is a boon. As for Irene, I like spitfire young witches in general, and Irene certainly fits the bill. Also her broom severely cuts down on travel time, so that's awesome.

MaanavLink

Hero of Time and Space
Gulley of course. He is sure not what one would think is a sage, and instead it comes out as a surprise he is a sage. When is mother comes asking where Gulley is shortly before you can go to Lorule, I thought that finding Gulley was a side-quest, or something you could have to complete to go on further in the game. Basically, I thought that you would find Gulley in the Lost Woods, and he would lead you to the Master Sword, since his father does say he likes critters, and there are animals in the Lost Woods.

Irene is my favourite. I found her to be the most useful throughout the game, plus she has a fun personality.

Maybe. She isnt that useful, her broom is. She just sends the broom.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom