• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Overall Dungeon

(Dear Modrators, I made sure there wasnt a thread like this but if it needs to be deleted, so be it)

There has been many threads asking what your favorite dungeon from a specific game was. Now, im wondering what's your favorite OVERALL dungeon from any game? Mine would be,

1. Snowhead Temple (MM)
2. Sand Temple (ST)
3. Shadow Temple (Oot)

What are your Favorites? Least favorites? I'd like to know :clap:

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
1. Stone Tower Temple (MM)
2. Spirit Temple (OoT)
3. Goron Mines (TP)
4. Turtle Rock (ALttP)
5. Shadow Temple (OoT)
6. Ganon's Towers (OoT, ALttP, WW) / Hyrule Castles (TP, MC)
7. Death Mountain (LoZ)
8. Snowhead Temple (MM)
9. Arbiter's Grounds (TP)
10. Palace of Winds (MC)

I'm forgetting at least one, but this is a pretty solid list.

Last edited:

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
1: Temple of Time (Twilight Princess, wonderful architecture and the best mini-boss in the series ^^)
2: Fire Temple (Ocarina of Time, best fire-themed temple in my opinion)
3: Palace of Twilight (Twilight Princess, very cool looking dungeon and best music)

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
For me too, Stone Tower Temple is by far the best dungeon in the whole series, and that for many reasons! First of all, the design itself: Flipping around the dungeon and thus creating a quasi-second dungeon is extremely cool! Plus, actions in one state of the temple still have effects on the other state (treasure chests) so you're required to flip it around multiple times to get all the stray fairies. Then you have to use all of the transformation masks which leads to a very versatile gameplay because each form of Link has totally different controls. Then minibosses, this dungeon has 3 of them, which is AFAIK more than any other temple in the series. Also the graphics are really good, the day/night cycle is visible in the outside rooms of the dungeon, and especially in the main room of the flipped state, the sky looks really great and even changes depending on which day it is. And finally the music: It's my second-favourite theme in the series (second to the Song of Healing) and if the temple's flipped, the BGM even changes slightly. Which other temple in the series has 2 distinct pieces of BGM?
I really like what they did there and how creative they were designing that temple and I totally want to see something like that coming back in a future title!

Phlegm

Bake me a pie!
For me too, Stone Tower Temple is by far the best dungeon in the whole series, and that for many reasons! First of all, the design itself: Flipping around the dungeon and thus creating a quasi-second dungeon is extremely cool! Plus, actions in one state of the temple still have effects on the other state (treasure chests) so you're required to flip it around multiple times to get all the stray fairies. Then you have to use all of the transformation masks which leads to a very versatile gameplay because each form of Link has totally different controls. Then minibosses, this dungeon has 3 of them, which is AFAIK more than any other temple in the series. Also the graphics are really good, the day/night cycle is visible in the outside rooms of the dungeon, and especially in the main room of the flipped state, the sky looks really great and even changes depending on which day it is. And finally the music: It's my second-favourite theme in the series (second to the Song of Healing) and if the temple's flipped, the BGM even changes slightly. Which other temple in the series has 2 distinct pieces of BGM?
I really like what they did there and how creative they were designing that temple and I totally want to see something like that coming back in a future title!

Man, you took the words right out of my mouth!:lol:

Zelda Freak

A Freak who likes Zelda
3. Temple of Time|TP|Was a great dungeon and was pretty challenging if you didn't pay attention much.
2. Palace of Twilight|TP|I loved this dungeon, although the hands were annoying. Zant was an interesting boss fight, too.
1(tie). Hyrule Castle|TP|I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVED THIS DUNGEON AND IT'S MUSIC. So no description other than it was awesome.
1(tie). Dark Hyrule Castle|TMC|This was another good dungeon and I wish it'd return in later games such as Skyward Sword, but who knows. All I can say is that it was a well-made dungeon.

1. Stone Tower
2. Temple of Time
3. Spirit Temple

The list might change. I can't really think right now.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
1 Ocarina of time Ganon's castle the best in the game for me the last bosses are amazing and i love climbing the tower.
2 Wind waker Ganon's tower love the fight with Phantom ganon and the final battle is the best in the series in my opinion.
3 Spirit tracks Wooded temple really enjoyed this even if it was a short dungeon the music was good too.
4 Majora's mask Stone tower temple interesting temple with excellant music and the upside down bits are clever.
5 Phantom hourglass Ice temple liked the puzzle's in this one.
6 Twilight princess Ganon's castle/Palace of twilight both excellant its hard to pick.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Favorite dungeons, huh. Here we go:

5. Goron Mines for TP
4. Lakebed Temple from TP
3. City in the Sky from TP
2. Ganon's Tower from ALttP
1. Forest Temple from OoT

Kybyrian

(Dear Modrators, I made sure there wasnt a thread like this but if it needs to be deleted, so be it)

Actually, there is. It has 5 pages and I made it. 2 years ago to be exact. It was simply titled "Favorite Dungeon". It's okay that you made a new one, though. Mine was really old and we need a new one. :)

As for my favorite dungeon, I have to say the Spirit Temple in Ocarina of Time was pretty great. The Mirror Shield was, in my opinion, one of the best looking pieces of equipment in the game. I'd always wear the Mirror shield with the Goron Tunic because I thought they looked pretty cool together. Not to mention that the Mirror Shield had a use other than guarding attacks. Twinrova was an awesome boss. I never got tired of fighting them on my many playthroughs of Ocarina of Time. The Iron Knuckles were absolutely awesome, as well. I couldn't fight them enough, haha.

STEVEN

Flat The Court Composer
Spirit temple in OoT. The boss was fun to beat, plus getting there was great. I enjoyed the time travel aspect and the fact that the boss is used in OoA. I am the biggest fan of OoA, even started a guild for its fans

LANZZ

Scarecrow
My favorite...

1) Mermaid Cave (OOA)
2) COlor Dungeon (LA DX)
3) Jabu-Jabu's Belly

Least favorite...

- Water temlpe (oot)

Majora's Cat

How about that
1) Water Temple (OoT)
2) Lakebed Temple (TP)