• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Mario Kart Game

Guys what is your favorite mario kart game? Mine is Mario Kart Wii, I loved that game and the items were awesome! And that they have wifi, and you get 12 players in wifi instead of 4 like in Mario Kart DS. So what is your guy;s favorite Mario Kart Game?

Last edited:

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Hard one. Mario Kart 64 is what got me into gaming. Double Dash was equally, if not more, fun. DS was okay since it was portable. I think Mario Kart Wii pretty much perfected racing, other than it seems like the game is made to specifically make the user lose, but the gameplay in battle wasn't too good. I lived for the original balloon battle in 64 and Double Dash's bomb battle was extremly fun too.

AGH! Hard decision. I guess... Wii. Since it made everything better. This is subject to change.

*Side Note. Best level ever is Bowser Castle for Wii

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm gonna have to go with Mario Kart Wii. The wheel added a lot more fun and uniqueness to it. I'm not big on racing, but the wheel did the game justice instead of just mashing buttons.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I'm going to say Mario Kart DS, because that one was just so full of unlockable content, especially for a hand-held. It had great tracks, karts, and characters, with only one glaringly large balance issue (I'm looking at you, Luigi, and your Poltergust Kart).
I also really liked Mario Kart: Super Circuit for the GBA because that was the first Mario Kart I owned, and I played the dickens out of it. The whole thing with the coins was a lot of fun, especially with all the original SNES levels in the game.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I'm going to say Mario Kart DS, because that one was just so full of unlockable content, especially for a hand-held. It had great tracks, karts, and characters, with only one glaringly large balance issue (I'm looking at you, Luigi, and your Poltergust Kart).
How was the Poltergust unbalanced? I'd expect Egg1 or Dry Bomber or ROB-BLS to be described in that way more.
My favorite is MKDS. Online play. Snaking. I spent about 2-3 years and accumulated over 7000 post on the official Nintendo forums just in the MKDS forum before they deleted it. My online record's probably around 800-200 iirc. Snaking. The physics actually felt real. There were actually advanced techniques involved (SNAKING). I couldn't play MKWii after MKDS.

H

HyruleSymphony

I'm really bad at the Wii version, to be honest. Haha!
I loved Double Dash, but I'm going to have to go with the Nintendo 64 one.
When my cousins and I were kids we discovered that if you hold A and B at the same time you do somewhat of a doughnut, and we thought that was so amazing and that kept us entertained for a long time.

My favorite Mario Kart game would have to be Mario Kart Wii. Mario Kart Wii was great because of many things it included. It supported many different control schemes; the Wii Wheel, Wii remote and Nunchuk, the Classic controller, and a Gamecube controller could be used to play it, so it was a game that anyone could play. It also had many new stages and old ones, too, so it was nice to see those. Each cup you completed also gave you a ranking describing how well you raced. It was quite the challenge trying to get a triple-star rating in every cup, but worth being able to see a golden wheel with three stars on top of it during Wi-Fi matches. The Wi-Fi was also pretty great.

Edit: Forgot about the bikes. At first, I was uncertain about them, but they proved me wrong. The bikes were an excellent addition to the game.

VergilDante100

Legendary Dark Knight
I would have to say the original kart game that started the franchise is the best, nothing can beat the sheer fun of battle mode on super mario kart espically against a friend and you have a round robin with the winner staying and the loser giving up the controller to another player.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Hmmm. Mario Kart 64. I have so many memories with that game, and though I love all of the many additions to the franchise, It all goes back to visiting my cousin's place on Long Island when I thought the N64 was the only gaming system on earth and I could not put the controller down. For real, I love that game.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Mario Kart 64 hands down.

I played that game so much when I first got it that I'm surprised that it still works! I have so many memories of playing that game with my family members and friends. Out of all of the Mario Kart games out now, I'd choose to play the 64 version more than I would any of the others.

Not saying that I don't like any of the other Mario Kart games, they're good too, but Mario Kart 64 has taken the place of being my favorite one out of that series. :)

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
while i did really enjoy the classic mario kart and 64, I'm gunna have to go with double dash. It's still fun to play mutiplayer and has great GCN graphics, it also has way more character combos and more karts to choose from. i beat that game 100%, so yeah it's definitly my favorite, I'm sure if I had played the newer games I would like those as well but until I get a Wii for SS I wont be able to try the newer mario kart games. I pwn all my friends at double dash, but sometimes they get lucky lol (more like I intentionally get sloppy so they dont lose interest in the game haha) but ya 64 was a close runner up.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Wow... I liked all of them. I would probably say Mario Kart 64. Mario Kart Double Dash had somewhat annoying cornering. Mario Kart Wii was a blast with motion controls, wifi and 12 karts at once, but multiplayer Grand Prix was taken out :( The original was sooo inavating and addicting

Attachments

• Mikau94,Navi3.jpg
    Mikau94,Navi3.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom