• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Little Things in Gaming

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Character customization, whether it's completely designing you character from feature to feature or choosing between random hairstyles, clothing, etc. Bonus points if I can change the colour, like in Fable 3 (LOVE having my character walk around with blue hair, plus being able to combine different articles of clothing and dye them in such a way the character ends up being dressed more or less like Link).

Humor - I love it when there's a good dose of humor in a game. One of my favourite moments in a game is the final quest with the two ghost brothers in Fable 3. Just hearing one of them describing what the other was up to with the book you found for them last time cracks me up every single time!

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Well I kinda thought character customization was a big thing. But yeah I like that. And I do like little things being available in customization. A lot of sliders for heads instead of one male or one female head, or just a small selection of premade heads. Lots of hair options instead of one or a small list of premade hairs. Full color options for hair based on three RGB sliding scales instead of a small choice of fixed options. Body sliders. Age sliders. different races to choose from, several good presets to start from for each race/gender option. and choices of character voice set and the personality of that voice changing depending on your choices. Whether that voice set is just the grunts and various sounds the character makes, or up to fully voiced dialogue. Dynamic voice options that adapt to your choices will make people more option to voiced player characters in games where they were previously against it.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Well I kinda thought character customization was a big thing. But yeah I like that. And I do like little things being available in customization. A lot of sliders for heads instead of one male or one female head, or just a small selection of premade heads. Lots of hair options instead of one or a small list of premade hairs. Full color options for hair based on three RGB sliding scales instead of a small choice of fixed options. Body sliders. Age sliders. different races to choose from, several good presets to start from for each race/gender option. and choices of character voice set and the personality of that voice changing depending on your choices. Whether that voice set is just the grunts and various sounds the character makes, or up to fully voiced dialogue. Dynamic voice options that adapt to your choices will make people more option to voiced player characters in games where they were previously against it.

Well, it can be big or it can be small. For me being able to choose blue hair is enough to make me happy :)

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
When there's teeny little details in the enviroment, that serve no purpose other than just because. Like...

untitled_by_rubydragoncat-d7yoo18.png

I noticed something moving on that wall that looked like cracks or something. When I saw it was a cat, I smiled.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
For me, Visible Character Customization is almost a must for me these days. Like Diablo 3... That game is freakin amazing. Beating the main quest is just the beginning. Every piece of gear has is own look, and in the expansion you can keep year gear and change the look of it while keeping its stats so you look how you want. (terrible sentence structure i know) Another game that pleased me in the right, is Darksiders 2 Oh how i wish this franchise would continue.

Darksiders does another thing that i really like about game, and that is references to other games, like is DS2 the whole time they are speaking of how Deaths brother War rode without the backing of the 7th seal, and you are trying to clear his name, even returning to earth which War had destroyed. In games with running stories, this is a must as well to keep one in the know of the big picture.

Other things that i would just like too add, that i guess dont fit in all games but should. A dash/sprint button al la Mega Man X, Charge attacks (again MM), and some way to add in a Crit chance on your attacks. These all being combat options. And though im not good at it, the option of Ariel Combat is always inviting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom