• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Link

Fav Link

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• OoT/MM (kid)

• OoT (adult)

• MM (goron)

• MM (deku scrub)

• MM (zora)

• Oracle Series

• The Wind Waker

• FS/FSA/FSAE/TMC

• Twilight Princess

• PH/ST

• Skyward Sword

• Super Smash Bros.

• Super Smash Bros. Melee

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl

• Soulcalibur II

• CD-i Series

• Total voters

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Which Link is your favorite? I gave you pretty much every single popular game that Link is in, so choose carefully! For me, it would be Link from Soulcalibur II. I like his grunts and yells, and he is one of the best characters in the game. He is very manly. o.o

L

leavy101

i would definetly have to say the hero of wind (WW link). I feel he is the more expressive then any of the other Links. I realize part of this is due to the animation style but still. that being said, I am also going quite fond of the skyward sword link. again this might be partially due to the animation style.

I remember the day I first experienced The Legend of Zelda. I was probably 3. I remember vividly the select a character screen of the original. I thought it was cool there was a red one, a blue one, and a green one. I liked the blue as a kid. I had no idea what was going on when the game played. my second memory was of my babysitter getting angry at Gannon when she got a game over. I thought the big monster was terrible. and I had no idea what was going on. all I knew was that whenever she played either Tloz or Aol, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Now, fast forward to let's say 91-92. I'd be in 1st or 2nd grade around then. I had a nintendo, but my games didn't have what I wanted. so my Momma took me to a place called K'nex. It was a pawn shop. and it ALWAYS meant video games. Oneday I saw a golden game! with a nifty looking sword. I didn't know why it was gold, but this meant something. I picked that one. then he gave me an unopened copy for w/e reason. I stared at the box. I think I got another obscure title. It wasn't important I had the box. and it had a sword, and it was gold. I get it home, and this game was strangely familiar. same thing when I got the original the following Xmas. my point is, since I first played AoL, my first one I actually got to play, I've been addicted to Zelda since. I'm a gamer,but of only very select titles. til I die, I'm sure Zelda will always be King. And The AoL Link, in my heart will always be the original, the unduplicated, and the epic.

Last edited:

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I remember the day I first experienced The Legend of Zelda. I was probably 3. I remember vividly the select a character screen of the original. I thought it was cool there was a red one, a blue one, and a green one. I liked the blue as a kid. I had no idea what was going on when the game played. my second memory was of my babysitter getting angry at Gannon when she got a game over. I thought the big monster was terrible. and I had no idea what was going on. all I knew was that whenever she played either Tloz or Aol, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Now, fast forward to let's say 91-92. I'd be in 1st or 2nd grade around then. I had a nintendo, but my games didn't have what I wanted. so my Momma took me to a place called K'nex. It was a pawn shop. and it ALWAYS meant video games. Oneday I saw a golden game! with a nifty looking sword. I didn't know why it was gold, but this meant something. I picked that one. then he gave me an unopened copy for w/e reason. I stared at the box. I think I got another obscure title. It wasn't important I had the box. and it had a sword, and it was gold. I get it home, and this game was strangely familiar. same thing when I got the original the following Xmas. my point is, since I first played AoL, my first one I actually got to play, I've been addicted to Zelda since. I'm a gamer,but of only very select titles. til I die, I'm sure Zelda will always be King. And The AoL Link, in my heart will always be the original, the unduplicated, and the epic.

Character selection? Multiple colors? As far as I know, that was only in the Four Swords games. How was that in AoL?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't really know, I hastily picked SC2 Link because of what he meant to me...
Realistically the choices I had in mind were OoT/MM Link (they're the same to me), SS, TP, SSBM/SSBB (they're the same Link, Brawl just has updated looks), and SC2.

OoT/MM Link: He's cool and all, but he shows little to no emotion. With the upgrade to OoT3D, they sort of ruined his appearance with his ridiculously huge anime-style eyes, but it's whatever (design flaws don't mean all that much). He's a hero at the core, and with the lack of emotional scenes in OoT, I can't say all that much. However, since I include MM Link...he's just a great candidate for all that he did for Termina. Definite 10/10

SS Link: He loves a girl. He gets bullied. He's like a son sort of to the headmaster of the Knight Academy. What more can I say? Oh, and That scene where he nearly broke down to tears. That's all. 9/10

TP Link: He looks really mature, and I loved his ferocity that he displayed after King Bulbin had captured Colin. He was clearly ticked off, and I wish Nintendo could pull that off again. The problem I had with TP Link was that he displayed emotion but mostly in the wrong places (imo). He somehow had a love relationship with Midna despite her constantly griping and complaining and ridiculing him. That's sickening. 8/10

SSBM/SSBB: Subspace Emissary. He's awesome. That's all. 9/10

SC2: Easiest character to break the AI, although he ranks poorly on the tier list because he has very unsafe moves (to hell with the tier list). I beat Weapon Master using only him and Nightmare. 11/10 for pure, unadulterated awesomeness.

Twilight Princess Link is my favourite. He showed a good amount of emotion in cutscenes and in my opinion has the best design. That sword spinning thing he did while targeting? Awesome!

H

harda toenail

You forgot toon link and young link from super smash bros games. My fav is mm because of his incredibly fluid animations and giant items and head. I'm thinking he could take anyone if he can lift that giant hammer like it's nothing

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
You forgot toon link and young link from super smash bros games. My fav is mm because of his incredibly fluid animations and giant items and head. I'm thinking he could take anyone if he can lift that giant hammer like it's nothing

I could only create up to twenty options to vote, on, so I couldn't include those.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Y u no include the Link from the 90's Zelda cartoon?!
Naturally, the N64 games being by far my favorite in the series, my favorite is the N64 saga Link. The ALttP and LA Link is another one I like.

Well, EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME ONIDARKLINK for not including the cartoon Link.

K

King Dex3

Toon Link all the way. He's hilarious, and he's my Smash main as well. Definitely my personal favorite.

I'll have to say the SS Link. The graphics, altho i prefer it to be like Tp's, make Link look amazing! The graphic capture everyones emotions, especially links cuz he doesnt talk. I also connect to him more in the game.When Zelda [SPOILER ALERT] seals herself up for thousands of years & Link bangs on the crystal in sadness & shock, i feel like i should be banging on the crystal, crying my eyes out right beside him. When Groose suddenly follows Link & he has a 'Oh ****' expression on his face, I should be screaming in shock with a wtf look on mine. Plus, hes the most powerful/strongest out of all of them. I mean, he fought a freaking Demon Lord AND a Demon King & won, rather just a weaker ,recarnation of a demon. He could actually run instead of roll for speed! What other Link can top that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom