• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Zelda Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll break it up into tiers as a few others have

Best
OoT - nothing unique to say, incredible game
MM - a new approach rather than OoT retread, unique and memorable
TP - the spiritual sequel to OoT improves upon it in almost every way

Very Good
ALTTP - I love this game, but I wonder if nostalgia inflates my impression
WW - great atmosphere but gameplay can be tedious
LA - my first video game, period - surprisingly dark game, actually, great for its technical limitations

Good
Skyward Sword - aesthetics are good, but lots of problems with flow

From the games I've completed:

1. Majora's Mask:
I LOVE this atmosphere in this game! And the 3 day cycle... it's just genius and I love the way it was incorporated into the game! Plus Stone Tower Temple is by far one of the best dungeons in the series.

2. Ocarina of Time:
A close second to Majora. I don't think I need to explain why it's this high up...

3. Skyward Sword:
I honestly thought this would be my favorite game but the dungeons weren't the strongest but were still great. I loved the character development in this game it can compete with Majora's Mask. I loved the motion controls and the new features included.

4. A Link Between Worlds
I've never played A Link to the Past but this game was still great on it's own and looked beautiful on the 3DS. The open world made it very unique and colorful. The amount of dungeons was insane (in a good way) but some were short. Plus, Thieves' Hideout is by far the worst dungeon I've played through. This was very unique and definitely a fav.

5. Twilight Princess
I loved this game on my first playthrough but the story is too similar to Ocarina. The graphics looked good at some points but was way to dark at a lot of points in the game. However, this game has the best dungeons in any Zelda game such as the City in the Sky, Arbiter's Grounds and the Temple of Time. Plus the Spinner...

6. Phantom Hourglass:
The touch controls made this game very unique and new on the DS. Again, the dungeons were short and very easy which was a miss. The sailing was ok I liked the customization involved with it. The Temple of the Ocean King made this great though! It was the best part of the game.

7. Oracle of Seasons:
I was surprised at this game. The dungeons, although short, provided a great challenge to get through and is by far the hardest zelda game I've played. The story makes this game not so good as it's pretty bland.

8. Spirit Tracks:
Although last on my list (for now), this game, again, added the unique train overworld and offered new challenges. However, it was too similar to Phantom Hourglass and also a lot shorter. The dungeons were an improvement over Phantom and offered more challenges involving the touch screen.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
My favorite Zelda game is a tie between Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker. These games are fairly similar but are polar opposites. The Wind Waker has a lighthearted tone throughout most of the game. It's colorful and just a happy game all around. Majora's Mask is eerie and unsettling, forcing to focus on a time limit and trying to save the world before everyone you know and love dies. Giving you a sense of urgency. However, both of these games have compelling stories. The villains seem more like characters than people who are just trying to take over everything. The characters also feel more real than this boring avatars there to fill up space. It gives you a reason to fight.

My least favorites are the Four Swords games. I like the concept of the games, but I never really likes games that rely on multiplier to be fun. Especially with these games since they aren't exactly accessible. You'll have to be really lucky for you and a friend to have the games or willing to come over and play them.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
wind waker for my favorite
i could fanboy over this game for hours,but i'll just leave it as nostalgia and childhood

the original loz as my least
TOO DAMN CRYPTIC,i legit had more fun w/ zelda 2 than this game
even though it was also pretty cryptic [and balls hard],i at least liked playing it

1: Links Awakening
2: A Link to the Past
3: Wind Waker
4: OoT
5: A Link Between Worlds
6: Minish Cap
7: Majora's Mask
8: Oracle of Seasons
9: Oracle of Ages
10: Phantom Hourglass
11: Four Swords 3ds
12: Spirit Tracks
13: The Legend of Zelda

Last edited:

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
These games are not necessarily what I think is best, but they are what I typically get the most enjoyment out of.

Darky's Favorite Zelda Games:
1. Twilight Princess (putting both versions at the top)
2. Ocarina of Time Master Quest
3. Wind Waker (Game Cube version)
4. Majora's Mask (N64 english version)
5. Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
6. Phantom Hourglass
7. A Link Between Worlds
8. A Link to the Past
9. Zelda II (standard version)
10. Hyrule Warriors
11. Link's Crossbow Training
12. Legend of Zelda
13. BS Legend of Zelda (Map 1)
15. Link's Awakening (original GB version)
16. Zelda's Adventure
17. Four Swords Adventure (Japanese version)
18. Four Swords Anniversary Edition
19. Link the Faces of Evil
20 Zelda Wand of Gamelon

Oh, and my least favorite Zelda game is Zelda Game Watch because that is the only game I can think of which is just broken.

Last edited by a moderator:

linkypete

I am the very model of a modern major-general
Favorite: Majora's mask
2. Skyward Sword, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess tied

Least favorite (besides CDi): Phantom Hourglass. I hate the temple of the ocean king with a fiery passion.

I've only played the N64 games, loved Ocarina of Time, it's one of my best childhood memories, along with getting Majoras Mask for Christmas, with the expansion pack as a stocking filler!
Whilst on here, I recently bought these two games again, and a console from eBay to relive my youth, as I sold my n64 as a teenager (big mistake!) and I love them just as much now.
I'm contemplating buying one of the newer releases, with a new console obviously, any recommendations? I've had a look at twighlight princes and skyward sword for the wii on YouTube but I'm unsure, are these as good as OOT or MM? Any help would be appreciated!

Twilight Princess is in many ways the spiritual successor to OoT. It is very similar structurally, and follows a lot of the same themes. In my mind, it takes everything OoT did and does it better, though some would say (not myself) that it suffers as a result of relative lack of originality. Skyward Sword is generally regarded as a good notch or two below the N64 Zeldas, but it's a worthwhile playthrough regardless. Personally, I prefer TP though greatly enjoyed both.

Twilight Princess is in many ways the spiritual successor to OoT. It is very similar structurally, and follows a lot of the same themes. In my mind, it takes everything OoT did and does it better, though some would say (not myself) that it suffers as a result of relative lack of originality. Skyward Sword is generally regarded as a good notch or two below the N64 Zeldas, but it's a worthwhile playthrough regardless. Personally, I prefer TP though greatly enjoyed both.
Thanks for the info, think I'll look out for a wii console on eBay then, and try twilight princess first : )

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I'm contemplating buying one of the newer releases, with a new console obviously, any recommendations? I've had a look at twighlight princes and skyward sword for the wii on YouTube but I'm unsure, are these as good as OOT or MM? Any help would be appreciated!

those games are very subjective
i personally enjoyed them a lot,but i didn't exactly grow up w/ oot or mm,and most people that did tend to look at those games in a negative view
i'll just say if you're going for twilight princess,try to see if you can get the gamecube version as its a bit pricey these days

NintendoCN

Team Captain
Favorite: SS very imaginative, an underrated gem (I play for the story so...)
Least Favorite: Ages, the story is so disjointed, the dungeons are tedious, and even with a walkthrough I was totally lost.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
5/30/15

1. A Link to the Past (perfect)
  2. Ocarina of Time (classic)
  3. The Wind Waker (beautiful)
  4. Skyward Sword (unique)
  5. A Link Between Worlds (freedom)
  6. Oracle of Ages (nice puzzles)
  7. Majora's Mask (spooky)
  8. Oracle of Seasons (dungeon 8, wow)
  9. Link's Awakening (good story)
  10. Legend of Zelda (exploration)
  11. Twilight Princess (great dungeons)
  12. The Minish Cap (palace of winds!!)
  13. Phantom Hourglass (mixed feelings)
  14. Four Sword Adventures (lonely)
  15. Spirit Tracks (annoying)
  16. Adventure of Link (too difficult)
  17. Four Swords (too short)

TheLostandForgottenHero

The True Hero
My least favorite is Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon, and my most favorite is Twilight Princess.
Why the Wand of Gamelon? It's a piece of :keese:ing :keese:. Twilight Princess was just a really great game, and it was my first Legends of Zelda game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom